“Would highly recommend”

Miss Margrit's Guest House
Ranked #3 of 69 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wonderful stay. Would love to go back. Excellent location near the centre of Granada which we loved. Lovely clean, spacious rooms and great breakfast. Chris and his staff were very friendly and helpful. He arranged a most enjoyable, inexpensive day trip with a local guide/ driver to Masaya volcano and surrounding area. Excellent service - never had free laundry before! We were most happy to tip the staff as Chris suggested. The property is lovely with a pool and beautiful open courtyard. Loved it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I started and finished my vacation in Nicaragua at Miss Margrit's. Upon arriving I was greeted warmly by the staff, given a cold Tona and shown my room, which was absolutely stunning.... and the open air shower, bliss! The staff gave me a run-down of Granada, where we were located and how to get around. They arranged kayaking trips, a hike up Mombacho and a private driving tour of Pueblos Blancos. They made sure I saw everything I hoped to and more. Granada surpassed my every expectation. Breakfast at the guesthouse each morning was the perfect start to the day, and a great way to meet other travelers. The coffee was arguably some of the best I've ever had. I spent 3 nights at Miss Margrit's and then returned for one final night at the end of my trip. I had intended to go out in Granada on that final night, but I was enjoying the courtyard of the guesthouse so much, I couldn't peel myself away. From the pool I could see the stars. It was the perfect calming close to an incredible trip in Nicaragua. The next morning, Chris was kind enough to wake up before the sun and make me coffee before I caught an early morning taxi to the airport. I would recommend Miss Margrit's to anyone. The location, charm, staff and rooms are unrivaled. I will be back. Thank you Chris, Keelay and everyone else who helped make my time in Granada so memorable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I haven't got a lot to say other than what has been said. Great room, great location, great breakfast, beautiful colonial home, nice refreshing pool, easy going atmosphere, great staff. I will say we were a little disappointed on arriving to learn Chris was away after reading what a great host he is. However he has obviously trained his staff well. We were met at the airport by Andy, well taken care of by the ladies who do the cooking and cleaning, and went on a fabulous city tour with David who speaks excellent English and is incredibly knowledgeable about his city and country. The lovely young lady who was filling in for Chris was very friendly and accommodating and my husband enjoyed visiting with her very much. If you want to feel at home while you are away and meet other travelers while being well looked after this is the place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Miss Margrit's on our honeymoon and throughly enjoyed being there. It was one of the highlights of being in Granada. Chris is a fantastic host, and the sitting around the morning breakfast table chatting with the other guests was one of my favorite parts of our trip. From the outside Mass Margrit's looks like most colonial Granada buildings, but inside, it is beautiful and very cozy. I am so happy that we stayed here, I would absolutely do it again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dim7chord
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Stay here but book in advance! I agree with all other comments and couldn't state things better myself. Great location, clean airy rooms and helpful owners. It's number one for a reason and lives up to its expectations.

No cons to relay. Honestly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Without being too word-y, my wife and I stayed here the first few nights of our trip to Nicaragua and really felt comfortable here. The guest house is gorgeous and relaxing, the pool refreshing, and it's an easy walk to the main center of town. Chris was a great host, and the breakfast was very delicious. And to top it all off, my wife left her passport at Miss Margrits as we traveled on to San Juan Del Sur, and immediately Chris made arrangements to get the passport to us the next day. What a great experience and we certainly felt welcome.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This place was terrific. Chris, the owner made us feel completely relaxed and comfortable just like home,during our stay. He can line up any type of service you need from taxis, transfers, tours, and has a wealth of knowledge about the area as well as tons of contacts. The pool and gardens are lovely and after long days out & about, it's a great area to relax and cool down with a cold drink & a dip. His staff were all excellent. From the security to the drivers, cooks and house keepers, everyone was warm and welcoming. The rooms are very nice, spacious, and clean with comfy beds. There is ac but we never used it as the rooms were very breezy with doors and/or windows open. Breakfast was always a highlight (great food, made to order full breakfast) and it gave us an opportunity to connect with other travelers. We will definitely return to this place. We could not have had a better experience. Thanks so much Chris and Crew.

Room Tip: We saw all the rooms. They are all very nice and could recommend them all.