Hotel La Bocona
$59
$63
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprovide robesrooms are largeair conditioningold worldswimming poolboutique hotelcourtyardartwork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for 1 night and really enjoyed it. The facilities are extremely charming and the staff is very helpful. The spa/message facilities are incredible and a great value. The location is well placed, but the best quality of all is the owner who is actively trying to give back to the community. We enthusiastically recommend Bocona.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

On behalf of the owner, thank you so much for the lovely comment about giving back.

Community development is foremost on our minds here at La Bocona. As you know, we donate 50% of all income to a local children's educational center that also provides more than one hundred thousand meals a year to underprivileged community members of all ages.

Often times, travelers express that they would like to contribute their time or skills to the community but, may not speak Spanish or have enough time to really involve themselves in volunteer work. Staying at our hotel, you have directly, positively affected the lives of many local families.

Thank you so much for your stay and for your review. We are happy to have had the chance to host you!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had the great fortune of discovering Hotel La Bocona through Jetsetter. I am so glad we came upon this incredible hotel. From moment one the service was amazing. Everyone who worked at the hotel knew us by name by the end and tried their best to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

As soon as you walk through the courtyards to your room you know you are in for something special. And then the room itself-amazing four post bed, beautifully tiled floors and a crazy comfy mattress!! You really feel like this is your private home and you are transported back to a time when simplistic beauty and service meant everything.

The bathrooms are not attached to your room, but you have your own private bathroom just across the way that you control with a key. Since there are only 6 rooms I think, we never felt awkward or inconvenienced by walking right across the beautiful garden hall to our private and spacious bathroom. I would not let this fact deter anyone from spending their time in Granada at La Bocona.

The pool was amazing to dip in after a day of Granada heat, the pool table was a great addition to some afternoon fun, and the homemade pina coladas were amazing!!! Anything you want (waters, beers, frozen drinks made from hand in the kitchen) you just ask and it is there in an instant. And the breakfast! Amazing!! Such a great array of options made specifically just for you, with whatever additions or changes you want. We really felt like we were the only people in the hotel and it was as if the whole place was our own private home!

Anywhere outside of Nicaragua this hotel would be in the multi-hundreds of dollars per night, because it truly is a 5 star experience and probably the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen.

Location is great too, right in the center of Granada but not on the main noisy streets.

If you find yourself in Granada please do not miss this hotel-it was the highlight of our trip in terms of its beauty, calming service and overall world class atmosphere.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite and honestly it was huge. Unless you need a ton of open room (we saw some of the bigger suite rooms and they were massive, a bed in the middle of tons of open space and many chairs!) I would recommend sticking with the smallest option.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Our team is thrilled that we had a hand in making your vacation so wonderful -- It is exactly what we set out to do!

Thank you so much for having stayed with us and for your review. We are eagerly looking forward to your return!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I don't even know where to start, so I guess I'll begin by saying that Hotel La Bocona makes you want to cry when you walk in and cry even more when you have to leave. This hotel is so amazingly beautiful that it puts 4 diamond properties to shame. The simplistic beauty of the hotel itself is above reproach. The rooms, the ceiling, the beds, the pool, the spa, the courtyard, the art; every detail is absolutely stunning. Sad to say as outstanding as those things are, they pale in comparison to the people of Hotel La Bocona. I literally fell in love with every employee of the hotel. I felt a genuine love and care that you don't get at a run of the mill hotel. The staff at the hotel made my life easier and lovelier day by day. I had the opportunity to spend 5 days at La Bocona and it was easily the best five days of the year thus far, the only thing that will top it, will be going back. Some of the major benefits of staying at La Bocona include its central location (not too touristy, but a close walk to everything); the ridiculously tasty breakfast (papas to die for and juice so good I wanted to scream after every sip); the afternoon snack (the coffee and treat make everything better); the free wi-fi; the lack of a television (who needs a TV in Granada-get out and vibe the city); and of course a group of employees that make you feel like family every second of the day.

Needless to say Granada was amazing, but being able to stay at La Bocona took this trip from fantastic to an unforgettable experience like none other. I can't think of anywhere else I would stay when I go back to Granada. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience beauty and warmth in the heart of a city that's vivacious and contagious enough to make you pick up and move. Lastly, outside of being at La Bocona, no picture you will ever see , no review you will ever read, and no online description will ever ever do this hotel and its exemplary employees justice. LA BOCONA, STAYING THERE IS BELIEVING!!!

Gilbert C.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

The team and I are so appreciative to read your review that we are practically beaming with pride!

We are here to serve you well -- make you feel like La Bocona is your home. We're grateful that we were able to accomplish this and assist you to have such a memorable, special vacation.

Thank you so much... And, we're anxiously waiting for you to come back soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We chose to stay at La Bocona because the pictures online showed a stunning, unique property with charm and classic style. Our expectations were high - and were completely blown out of the water when we arrived. The hotel is GORGEOUS in every way; the room was the nicest I have ever stayed in (anywhere) and the central courtyard was incredibly serene. Not a thing seemed out of place or unkempt. If the beauty of the accommodations weren't enough in itself to make us faithful repeat guests (we will definitely stay there again our next time in Granada), the warm friendliness and cheerful assistance of the staff sealed the deal. Nadene was great with the reservations process, the nighttime receptionist/watchman who welcomed us upon our late arrival was incredibly kind and helpful, and every other staff person with whom we interacted was equally welcoming. I strongly recommend a reflexology massage at the on-site Balance spa. I am not sure of the massage therapist's name, but she had me on a totally different planet by the time the hour was through. We loved everything about our experience at Hotel La Bocona.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We 're so happy that we were able to meet your expectations and more!

We are very clear that this is exactly what clients deserve and we make every effort to reach the highest of standards.

Thank you for your comments, your stay and your intentions of returning --it all means so much to us.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

There are few hotels I spend time scheming ways about how soon I can return to them.
But then, there are few hotels staffed by such a loving and magnificent a staff, set in as gorgeous environment.

The hotel staff creates an atmosphere that, in the most professional way possible, is more like a family than a staff. The women of La Bocona are premiere examples of how to run the hotel with efficiency, joy, and a sense of humour. And each time I arrive I am struck by how much I wish I never had to leave.

My advice is, no longer how long you are planning to stay as a guest here, the time you have at La Bocona is never enough.

Note to technological nomads:
The internet is excellent. I spent 20 days at the Hotel La Bocona, "working from home" (ie telecommuting by the pool). And there are, in fact, few things as gratifying as skyping your clients with the colonial garden or pool in the background. :D

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, but it is fair to warn that when Nicas celebrate, they do so with vibrance. Rooms 1, 5, & 6 offer stunning soundscapes of some of the livelier church celebrations, but are in general, a little quieter, day to day than the other 2, 3, & 4. If you are a lite sleeper, bring earplugs, or get up & join in on the liveliness of this magnificent place. :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kristin N
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Your kind words are very much appreciated!

Thank you for bringing your friends last time--they were so enjoyable!

And, we are always going to be here to welcome you back when you decide to "work from home"! You light us all up with your presence.