“Family Wedding”
Review of Hotel La Bocona

Hotel La Bocona
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We rented all six rooms at this hotel for three nights for our daughters' wedding. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. It is evocative of another era and is both grand and comfortable. The staff were attentive, friendly and discreet. We really felt as though this was our home for those three nights - an oasis of serenity and luxury. The rooms are huge and airy and all the beds are king size. The pool was inviting and always crystal clear, and very romantically lit in the evening. Breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented each morning. This is truly an amazing place. Thanks to Nadine and all the staff for helping make the the wedding and reception run so smoothly, and to generally make our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Your family and friends staying with us could not have been any more friendly! We, the staff, felt like we were all part of your group and that a member of our family was getting married --thank you for that.
R was stunningly beautiful and radiant! It was definitely our pleasure! Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Hotel La Bocona

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I had to cancel my reservation here at the last minute but they still went out of their way to help me get a bottle of champagne to the wedding in Granada I was missing. So even though they made absolutely no money off of me, they did me a favor.
This brings new meaning to the term 'hotel concierge'.
Thank you Hotel La Bocona! Can't wait to use the airline voucher and get to your hotel this year.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

We can't wait either! Looking forward to it --and thanks.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

For sheer luxury and warm, attentive staff, this gorgeous atmospheric hotel, a restored colonial mansion maintaining the gracious charms of the period, exceeds expectations in every respect, including access to the city's historical square and spacious, delightfully decorated rooms.

I cannot say enough about the engaging bilinqual staff. Special thanks to Olga, Jacob and Gustave for helping to make our Grenada stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

It is easy to deliver gracious service to such a gracious guest! Thank you for your lovely comments and please come back---any time.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I had the pleasure of spending several days at Hotel La Bocona in October. Folks. Believe all the positive hype! It was absolutely lovely.

The breakfast that was included was delicious EVERY day. It usually included fresh fruit, coffee, an entree such us a crepe or omelet and finished off with freshly made fruit juice. Can't beat it. And the ladies who actually take care of the hotel and made me breakfast everyday spoiled me rotten. I'm not kidding! Amazing service.

The rooms were quite comfortable, elegantly furnished and spacious. Don't be put off by the bathroom not being in the room. Not a big deal at all.

The location is close to all the restaurants and town square. The only time we had to take a cab...which was MAYBE $2US, if I recall...was to get to the water taxi to go out to Las Isletas.

Overall, I can't give enough complements to the hotel and staff. Diego, Louis, Jacob, Margarita, Nelly, Olga, Gustavo (Jr and Sr) and of of course their fearless leader Nadene ( aka la directora), you guys ROCK!! Thank you so much for an AMAZING stay!

• Stayed: October 2011
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2011

Thank you!

You and your husband are such interesting, enthusiastic and fun-loving people and these qualities tend to bring out the best in others. Having developed relationships with each member of our team, your presence is still felt and the staff continue to refer to you fondly as if you are part of our every day. We are all hoping the moment comes soon that we will see you walk in through Reception with your smiling faces. It will be as if our sister and brother have finally come home.
Thank YOU for that. Nadene, Diego, Luis, Olga, Margarita,Nelly, Jacob, Gustavo Jr. and Sr.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

La Bocona offers a true colonial experience in a boutique setting. This extremely attractive, historic property has been completely restored and offers guests an extraordinary and authentic experience at very reasonable cost. This is about as far from a generic hotel as one could get. The rooms are large and furnished elegantly with period antiques and the staff are pleasant and attentive. There are spa services available as well as a private courtyard with swimming pool.
This is an extremely well run property in every regard and a delight. This is the sort of elegance that disappeared a century ago but lucky for us La Bocona has reintroduced the splendor of a bygone era. AAA+ doesn't say enough about this property.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you so much!
Hotel La Bocona's Hospitality Team and I are so pleased that you feel this way. We are dedicated to serving you and are happy that you have had a good experience with us!
Nadene R. Holmes

Reviewed November 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed at La Bocona for two nights whilst visiting Granada. Initially we looked at the Lonely Planet guide book so were going to stay at Plaza Colon, but they were fully booked. I'm glad, because La Bocona was great. The rooms are grand and elegant with beautiful period furniture. The courtyard is immaculate and pool is a welcome relief from the heat of Granada. The staff are really helpful (in particular the lady who organises trips). Breakfast was lovely.
Things you should know: The bathrooms aren't en-suite. For us, that's not a problem, but for others it maybe. There is no air-con. Again, I didn't mind, but others may.
Our room was very noisy. The bed was right next to wooden doors that open onto a busy street. These may or may not be problems for you.
Final slightly negative story: When we came to leave at 5am to drive to the airport, the front door was locked with the night watchman nowhere in sight.
When he finally appeared 15mins later, he refused to let us out, because he thought we hadn't paid (despite having paid up when we arrived). It took another frantic 15mins of my appalling spanish, plus phone calls to managers to convince him that we had paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alistair M
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for your review Alistair!

We enjoyed hosting both of you earlier this month and it was my personal pleasure to have assisted with your tour arrangements.

I appreciate the comments you made in your review of our property and I thank you for them as this is exactly the tool necessary to establish and maintain the highest possible level of customer service and experience that we are committed to providing. We aim to treat every customer as though our business depends on them alone and you are helping us in this process.

My direct phone line is 505-8986-8970 and I can be emailed at hotellabocona@yahoo.com if I can be of service at any time that you may need me.

I send you sincerest best wishes from across the pond and hope to have you both here with us once again.

Nadene R. Holmes

Reviewed November 17, 2011

As the owner of Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Eco lodge & Spa in Nicaragua, I regularly visit Hotels around Nicaragua to be able to recommend our guests with properties that provide the same level of services as our 4 star Eco lodge. Wow... did I find it. Hotel La Bocona is managed by Nadine and a dedicated staff that caters to their customers and fulfills every of their wishes!
I brought a group of Canadian travel agents in their first trip to Nicaragua and even though we stayed in some other 4 star hotels, La Bocona fulfilled all of our expectations and then some! It is located a short walk from the Central Plaza but far enough to guarantee peace and quiet inside the beautifully restore Mansion. Expect to be pampered by the staff and enjoy the delicious breakfast served every morning!
Definitely, I will be recommending our guest, this exceptional Hotel and encourage them to stay there if they want to continue enjoying the pampering they have receive at our lodge.
Kudos for providing excellent service and accommodations!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jcespinosa
HotelBocona, General Manager at Hotel La Bocona, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you so much for your recommendation, JC!
It means so much for our Hotel to be praised and endorsed by a colleague. We are looking forward to hosting you and your guests again in the future!
Nadene