“Beautiful Views”

Private Islet of Granada Day Tour from Managua
Ranked #2 of 75 things to do in Granada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We have the best services to make a tours in the islets, with the best boats.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Calgary, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful Views”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had a 1 hour tour of the islands by boat. The views were wonderful. My regret is we didn't take a longer tour but our time was limited. Definitely a must see if you're in the area.

• Czech first
Taos, New Mexico
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Must see!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was told by a local that there is a saying, if you haven't been to the Isletas then you haven't been to Grenada, We took a 2 hour trip on our last afternoon in Grenada and were so glad we did. It was lovely to see the city from the water and get a different perspective. The islands themselves make you want to sell everything own and buy one for yourself ! We probably paid more than normal at $45 for the trip but it was just he 2 of us in our boat and our guide was very helpful and informative, We launched from a Restaurant whose name I don't recall and they packed us a cooler with cold beer for the trip!

Vancouver, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beware of muggings ”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did a tour of the isletas with Leo Tours in Granada. The tour itself was very nice. It's a shame the isletas do not have park status, because it seemed like most were privately owned with houses on them, which detract from the beauty.
Our tour started with a short bike ride to the lakeshore where we set off on a motor boat with our bikes on board. The tour finished on the other side of the asese peninsula where we had to ride back from, about 6 km maybe. The problem was that this required riding home in the dark along a stretch of road that is well known to be dangerous, where muggings frequently occur. Sadly, that is exactly what happened to us while riding up the last stretch of road from the malecón. All guidebooks say not to venture into this area after dark, as did most people we spoke to. Leo Tours did not mention that there was any risk involved. Nor did they provide any lights. They did not tell us (there were 4 in the group plus the guide) that it would be safer to ride in a tight group, so the other two in our group rode out ahead of us. To top it off, unbeknownst to me at the time, our guide had stopped to answer his cell phone so my wife and I were riding through the most dangerous part of town by ourselves. Suddenly 3 teenagers jumped us, one armed with a metal pipe. He stood over me holding the pipe above his head while the other two were pulling on my pack. Since I had my arms up to defend against a blow, the pack wouldn't come off. My wife and I were both screaming loudly to draw attention, and they took off without any of our stuff, and luckily nobody was injured. Things could have been very different. Don't kid yourself into thinking the cheapest option is the best option. If you lose your wallet, or camera, or get injured, the extra few dollars of going with a better tour company will seem well worth it.

1 Thank TonyZeg
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Tons of fun ... but make sure to see the Monkey Island!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Love the boat tours of the Granada Islets ... and in addition to spectacular houses ... and a couple great places to have lunch ... my favorite is Monkey Island. Be sure to take some crackers to feed them ... It's priceless.

Visited October 2013
Panama City, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice view, very relaxing”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This tour is very relaxing and has a nice view. You can swim in some parts of the lake also.
A nice place to take beautiful pictures.

If you are very energetic like me, maybe after 2 hours you will begin to be a bit bored. So I wont recommend it for too much time.

Try to get the boat between 5 or 6 persons, that way you can pay less. We were 5 and each one paid USD 5.00, total USD 25.00 for 3 hours tour. You can get a tour guide once you are walking to las Isletas or at the port.