“It's very hot in the room. You need to get the air-conditioner.”
Review of Hotel Cocibolca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
Hotel Cocibolca
Ranked #43 of 67 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I statyed here for 2 nights. The environment in the hotel was very nice. There was a small garden in the middle of the hotel. There was a adequate swimming pool at the back. I got the room at the end of the hotel nearby the pool. The room was ok, not bad. The bathroom was pretty small. You need to pay more for the air-condition. I think it's worth having that because it's very hot if you come here in summer. There were lots of mosquitos. Actually they were everywhere in Central America, so, you need to coat your body with the repellent. Unfortunately, there was bad smell at night that I slept there. Therefore, it's so bad because of hot weather and terrible smell. I think that awful smell might come from the disorganized waste water system.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Cocibolca

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a group of young travellers on a budget.
Great location only 1min walk to the main strip.
Lovely grand lobby area with free water refills and fridge.
Garden area and pool area are lovely. Pool was clean.
Our room had two double beds, spacious with a little dresser and open wardrobe. Bathroom was large and had a good shower.
We found a few cockroaches over our stay however we were on the groud floor and it's Granada!
The staff were on the whole friendly however on the last day of our stay there was confusion over a spare key for our room and one very unfriendly and rude receptionist was lazing in one of the outdoor chairs and refused to help.
Overall grat hotel. Very clean and great location. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

this hotel is quiet,perfect and quaint for the right price..there is free breakfast and wifi in the lobby. cute garden area with fountain for you to relax in chairs..the rooms were breakfast are served are big,airy,typical nicaraguan style..the only bad thing is the pool is not that great..but 2 short blocks from the main plaza/catherdral in town..the staff is very friendly and happy to help you with anything!! im going back!! A?C is very strong in rooms

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank oliverdaworld
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I had been meaning to renew my Costa Rican visa, and friends from Canada told me they were planning to visit Granada, Nicaragua, and asked if I would join them. It was perfect timing, and Tica Bus from San Jose got me to Granada in 9 air conditioned hours. The hotel was easy to find, on one of the side streets in the more touristy Calle Calzada area of town. First room offered was a little too small, (and I would really rate this hotel as a good Economical choice), and the second was fine. It had 2 doubles, clean sheets and towels every day if I wanted, a very clean bathroom with cold water sink, modern toilet, and the usual suicide hot water shower that worked well. There is a pool on site which was welcomed as the temperature and heat climbed as the day went on. Staff were very accommodating and gave me the room at $35US (cash) per night. Credit cards are accepted, although reluctantly, and for a higher price. There was a nice light breakfast served until 9, with a choice of eggs, pancakes, toast, juice (Tang, like the astronauts drink) and mediocre but sufficiently jolting coffee. There is a nice sitting area near the lobby to smoke a Sultan cigar, or chat with other travelers, but most of the others, French, Dutch, and a sprinkling of Germans all scurried away on tours laden with cameras and sunscreen, so I pretty much had the place to myself. There is a tv in the room with plenty of Yankee channels, and an in-room air con unit which you will be grateful to have. All in all a decent place, good for the budget, Carlos and staff very friendly, and close to the tourist strip to hang out until all hours. Next trip I will probably stay elsewhere, as I like more room to myself and a window to open at night.

Room Tip: You can choose #1 or #2, main floor, but largest rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank CajonTraveler
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We went with a tour group out of Costa Rica. This place was a gorgeous find, tucked back into the walls of Granada. The desk staff was very friendly and the hotel's architecture was beautiful and unique. The bathrooms left a little to be desired, but the rooms were comfortable with fun views. The food was also delicious! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2012

we arrived in Granada on a Friday in January 2012, without a hotel reservation but several ta names. we found the hotels were mostly full, but got into the hotel cocibolca and were happy for the money.
no king or queen beds, but we had 2 double beds and a delicious hot breakfast (no meat) that got us going. It is centrally located near the plaza, and nightly street fair.

Room Tip: get as far back in the back as possible, there are street sounds in the area of the plaza all over g...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tico8
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My wife and I just got back from Nicaragua. Had a great time. The entire Hotel staff was great. Starting with Don Carlos, Ramon, Karla, Karla, Karla (yes there are 3 of them, makes it easy to remember) and Raquel the Cook. They made me and my wife feal like family. Our room was cleaned daily, beds made, bathrooms cleaned and towels exchanged. Breakfast was great. Perfectly located away from the Central Park, yet only one and one blocks away from the Calzada, the strip where the food and spirits are located. We liked it so much we are making plans to go back already.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family