“Great location, great hotel, great hosts, and great staff!”

La Islita Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 66 Granada B&B and Inns
Napa, California
“Great location, great hotel, great hosts, and great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for four nights and really had a great experience. I found the room to be large, clean, and comfortable, I found the complimentary breakfast to be varied and delicious and the wait staff to be very friendly and courteous, and the hosts Tim and Andreus-and Michael at the front desk-to be friendly and very helpful. Tim and Michael both took the time to draw me detailed maps of places to visit in the nearby hills, such as San Juan del Oriente and Lagoon Apopoyo, and in the town itslef, and Michael helped me to book a boat tour of the islands when I couldn't find a boat that would take a solo traveler at the agencies in town.
The hotel itself is located on a dead end street with parking and a guard at night, is well removed from the noisy celebrations going on just a couple of blocks away, and yet it is only a few minutes' walk from the central plaza or the main street where all the restaurants are located. The views of the city are beautiful from the rooftop terrace, particularly at sunset, and the patio and lobby of the hotel itself are very quiet and inviting.
I also met some really nice people at the hotel, shared my boat for the tour of the islands with two other guests, and had a good time conversing with the other people staying at the hotel over breakfast and later in the day.
I highly recommend La Islita Boutique Hotel, and will definitely be staying there again when I return to Granada, which I will most certainly be doing in the not too distant future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My favourite hotel in Nicaragua...great location, amazing staff (Michael and Virginia-the friendliest and most genuine people I've encountered at a hotel), very pretty (colonial and with lots of attention to detail in its accents), great room (big, comfortable beds, a white noise machine which was amazing, a shower big enough for a party, beautiful tile and hardwood, and a gorgeous balcony overlooking the cathedral with comfy chairs and surrounded with flowers). And delicious breakfasts, different each day with the best coffee I've had in the country so far. Simply perfect...

Room Tip: Go for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
laislita, Owner at La Islita Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your nice review. We are happy you had an enjoyable stay with us, and we look forward to your visit the next time you're here in Granada.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights here and loved everyday. The staff and owners were great to chat with about Nicaragua and learn about how this amazing hotel became what it is today! The breakfast was lovely and different everyday. We booked a sunset boat trip on lake Nicaragua through the hotel and it was a real highlight. We felt really at home the whole time and if we return to Granada we will book this hotel again (I would love to see the pool planned) Thankyou for a great stay!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed at this delightful hotel for a week. It is clean, comfortable, conveniently located and the owners, staff, and house dog are friendly and helpful. They helped us plan and arrange day trips with a local taxi driver who drove a nice, clean cab. Our trips cost less than those offered by tour groups and were self-paced. My one caveat would be that he spoke only Spanish, so if you want an English speaking guide who can tell you about what you're seeing, book a conventional tour. Wifi was available throughout the hotel, but got pretty slow when the hotel was full. They are thinking about adding a pool, which will be a nice addition.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Living in Costa Rica I've visited Granada several times and I wish I knew about this place on my first visit. The location is on a dead end street with other houses and very peaceful. It is divine and the rooftop view is mesmerizing.
It's directly up the street from the nightly events on Calle La Calzada. There are so many options for food and dessert. I suggest The Roadhouse Steakhouse and across the yard is Montebianco Gelato both on that Main Street. If you like Mediterranean food then El Camello is the place to go which is a block away from the hotel. We took an island tour with Erick's tours and it was fun to visit the locals on the island where you can partake in Nicaragua cuisine if you like. Andres, Tim and their staff are extremely helpful. I would definitely come back for another visit.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, Apr 8th-10th and felt it was a great "off the main street" location in Granada. It is at the end of a dead-end street which means there is no traffic out front. You're less than 2 (short) blocks to restaurants & bars. Not even a 5 minute walk to the cathedral and park.

We loved going up to the small rooftop terrace with a beer to watch the sunset over Granada.

Staff were always available, very helpful and friendly. Many spoke perfect English, some staff not so much...but, it was never an issue.

The "honesty" bar was great since we'd come back to cool off during the day. We could just grab a bottle of water and a beer, go back to the room to relax in the AC for a little while to recharge before heading back out. I think beers were C35 apiece, which is less than $1.50. I think our tab for beer and water was about $20.00 for the 3 days which we felt was a bargain.

Our room (#7) was clean and basic. The bed was average, not spectacular. The shower/bathroom was OK and they do provide soap & shampoo. No view from the window, but just walk up to the terrace and it's a great view.

I don't know if I'd stay here again if we were to go back to Granada. but, we certainly do not regret having stayed here and would recommend it to someone because of the location and staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from the ROOSTER!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been to Granada before while on business and knew I had to take my family to see this lively colonial city, so I took advantage of my Easter break to do so. I had never actually stayed overnight in Granada but I used some miles to book La Islita boutique! I was expecting to arrive to a hostel type facility but was pleasantly surprised. The reception area is very large and full of local decor, a garden and very nice fountain. I only stayed one night, but it is just a few blocks away from the largest cathedral and the strip where you can find many restaurants and bars. The owners and staff were extremely hospitable and made sure everything was ok. A traditional breakfast of eggs, cheese, gallo pinto (rice and beans), local bread, and juice/coffee was included! Great place to stay, and if ever plan a trip to Granada again I will definitely be visiting this boutique again. Highly recommended.

Ohh you have to say hi to Emmet!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family