“Oasis in Granada”

La Islita Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 75 Granada B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 12, 2013

La islita is a little oasis in Granada and Andres and Tim (owners) make sure that you have the best experience ever, from sharing pictures of the hotel before it was built to stories about their many trips around the world. They make the whole stay here a delight. The hotel has an old world feeling but all the modern conveniences of a big hotel. Rooms are very comfortable. The rest of the staff is very friendly and ready to accommodate any of your requests in the best possible way. I totally recommend staying at la islita hotel in your next trip to Nicaragua.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 6, 2013

La Islita is a great place to stay. The breakfast was good, and the staff helpful and friendly. The hotel is only a couple blocks from the city square, and is in as good a neighbourhood as there is in Granada. If that worries you then know the hotel employs a night watchman. The room was great - with a balcony over the entrance and a great view and a huge shower. There is a huge mango tree that drops fruit on the roof.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a treasure!! I was greeted at the front door by my first name upon arrival and the personal attention continued from that moment on. La Islita is in a wonderful location--just blocks from the "main drag." The owners, Andres and Tim, are very friendly and helpful as are the desk assistants, Mykal and Martin. Andres and Tim are running a real gem of a hotel. I so enjoyed Andres sharing the pictures of what this place used to be. I cannot how they tranformed just a shell of a building into a beautiful oasis. If this isn't enough, one sip of their morning coffee will make you want to bed down for another night. Great place, great staff, great location, wonderful value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I can't believe that I have not written anything yet about La Islita. First off, I thought that the service was excellent. The two owners were superb and they even let me eat lunch with them (it was lovely conversation). The rest of the staff was great as well as they genuinely seemed like they wanted to talk to the guests and make them feel at home. The breakfast was good (much better than any continental breakfast). I stayed i suite 7. The room was spacious and had a high ceiling (which I personally like because it makes the room seem much bigger). The bathroom was large and clean. I also really liked the bed. The only complaint that I had was that the air conditioning would leak a little and it was directly over the bed. I would highly recommend this hotel from people traveling solo to couples to families. I was really impressed with this hotel and the staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2013

La Islita is a treasure. It is in a great location which allows you to walk to the main tourist areas in Granada. Andres and TIm were great. Tim even made sure we had directions to get to the airport the back way so we did not have to hassle with Managua's traffic. In addition, the staff were wonderful. They were very helpful. The desk clerk arranged for us to have a boat tour of Lake Nicaragua that allowed my kids and I to have a guide to ourselves and were able to roam with our guide. We had room four which had a great balcony over looking the street. A wonderful place to start and end the day. I especially loved the complimentary earplugs so that the roosters would not interrupt our sleep! I would definitely stay again on my next grip to NICA!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We only stayed for one night after traveling Nicaragua for ten days. This was the perfect final stop on our travels. From the greeting on arrival to our departure, this place was first class. The common areas and the rooms were super clean and nicely furnished. The staff and owners were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Our room was a triple room without a balcony. However, the rooftop terrace was wonderful for watching the sunset and chatting with other guests. Everyone was very friendly. The location of the hotel was off the main street, however within convenient walking distance to many restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Andres and Tim are wonderful host ,and their hotel is well situated to see Granda and the surrounding country side. We had a nice room with a small balcony with a view of the city. The breakfast is delicious and varied . I traveled with my 21 year old son and we both found many interesting things to do. I plan to bring my wife on the next trip and will surely stay at the La islita.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family