“Comfortable place”

Ranked #4 of 165 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Latin, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "The Garden Cafe" is a casual cafe, located in the historical center of Granada in a beautiful century-old Colonial house. We offer full breakfast, lunch and dinner: enjoy from our selection of fresh sandwiches, salads, wraps & pastas. At The Garden Cafe you will also find a great selection of teas, specialty coffee, home baked desserts and amazing fresh fruit smoothies & juices. We offer the best quality ingredients with fresh locally baked breads, organically grown produce where possible and a loving touch. The Garden Cafe strives to provide a "mi casa es su casa" atmosphere where everyone is treated like family. In addition to nourishing the bodies of our customers, we are here to inspire ourselves, our customers and our community. We do everything with passion, creativity, love and we are seriously committed to helping and developing our city and our country.Complimentary WI-FI service and free book exchange/loan.
“Comfortable place”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I visited here almost everyday of a 2 week stay! I didn't eat much here because of staying in home stay with local family but did have phenomenal chimichurri sandwich and Nacatamales. But my favorite go too drink/snack here was the coco, lime, piña yogurt drink that came really cold so quenched my thirst in the heat and provided nutrition in way of yogurt. Did feel like they were more $ than elsewhere (like 50 cents) but the environment is comfortable with being able to study or surf the Web without feeling like I needed to run out. The only I disliked was that one day I ventured outside my normal smoothie and opted for a calamala, piña, banano. It was so bitter!!! so make sure you like that fruit before you get the drink :) As others mentikned, there is lending library...but there is also a shelf from which you give donation to Puedo Leer NGO. Also, there is a store of goods connected from which you can by gifts for self or others.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“True Garden Oasis”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Although I was only in Granada a few days, I ended up coming back to this little gem several times! The menu is a varied and very affordable (big platter of hummus with homemade pita and veggies for $3 US), the staff attentive and friendly, and the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. There's an attached gift shop that sells high-quality artisan products, check it out if you grab a bite. I highly recommend the frozen strawberry lemonade (you can get it with rum added if you want a "stiff" drink) and the brownies--yum!

• Visited July 2014
Montriond, France
“Gorgeous setting with lovely food”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This place is not to be missed, if only to sit admiring the courtyard and escape the hustle and bustle outside. It's a place of tranquility, we were sorry to only have stumbled upon it on our last night. Lovely cocktails and yummy food. Perfect.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sarah B
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great ambiance and good value”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food and smoothie options were healthy. Also they have really good homebrew beer. I liked the flavorful scotch ale.

Visited July 2014
Malmo, Sweden
“A good breakfast café i Granada”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Since my hotel did provide a very weak breakfast it was necessary to find another place for breakfast. I found Garden Cafe which had very good breakfast. There was a fantastic garden and a nice clean area to sit down for breakfast. Their staff was very service minded. I will return to this place several times for breakfast.

• Visited July 2014