“Beautiful setting”

Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Latin, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "The Garden Cafe" is a casual cafe, located in the historical center of Granada in a beautiful century-old Colonial house. We offer full breakfast, lunch and dinner: enjoy from our selection of fresh sandwiches, salads, wraps & pastas. At The Garden Cafe you will also find a great selection of teas, specialty coffee, home baked desserts and amazing fresh fruit smoothies & juices. We offer the best quality ingredients with fresh locally baked breads, organically grown produce where possible and a loving touch. The Garden Cafe strives to provide a "mi casa es su casa" atmosphere where everyone is treated like family. In addition to nourishing the bodies of our customers, we are here to inspire ourselves, our customers and our community. We do everything with passion, creativity, love and we are seriously committed to helping and developing our city and our country.Complimentary WI-FI service and free book exchange/loan.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My daughter has lived in NIcaragua for 4 months and she recommended this restaurant to my husband and I when we visited. I am vegetarian and so finding food that meets my needs can be a bit challenging. That was not the case here. The rest of our group who enjoy their meat, also loved this spot. I would definitely recommend this spot to eat.

There are newer reviews for The Garden Cafe

Reviewed January 8, 2014

You walk into a Garden Oasis, sit and sip a glass of wine, beer or cold ice tea ... and feel like you've been transported to paradise. And even better than that ... the food is fabulous. Definitely a go to place if you are visiting Granada ... and it might become your favorite haunt if you live here. Prices are reasonable ... not the cheapest in Granada but not the highest either ... well worth it!

1  Thank MartiOwen
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fresh smoothies and every breakfast is mouth watering and filling. Why eat anywhere else for breakie when in Granada? I had the chocolate pancakes one morning and the breakfast burrito the next. Both times I had to share or save half my breakfast as it was so plentiful.

The beautiful courtyard garden is lovely as is the local art adorning the walls. The service is good and the food is even better. I would highly recommend the Garden Cafe. (just ask anyone you meet and I'm sure they'll say the same)

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Such an idyllic setting set amongst the greens and florals. We visited the Garden Cafe several times during our stay in Granada. Prices are reasonable and the food is delicious. You won't regret it!l

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Tried this place for lunch on January 1 based on recommendation from my daughter who loved the place a year ago. The indoor garden was very welcome to beat the mid-day Granada heat. Three of us tried different dishes, all good. I thought my sandwich was very good but my wife and daughter wouldn't go that high for theirs.

The service was good but slow. These folks were very good at what seems to be a national sport in Nicaragua. It's related to (not) getting your bill when the meal is over. For some reason nobody seems interested in getting paid? Go figure. The game goes like this. Clear away the dishes, ask if the customer wants anything else, and then disappear. Eventually the customer gets tired of waiting politely (at least 15 minutes in this example) and chases down the waiter, who doesn't have "la cuenta" ready and has to further waste your time while your family fidgets. A word to restaurant owners and their staff is in order here. Please fix this! I guarantee happier customers, better tips, and better reviews. And maybe you can seat some more customers at that table.