Hotel con Corazon
$63
$78
La Fortaleza Granada Resort(Granada)(Great Value!)
$45
$92
Hotels.com
$50
  • Breakfast included
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
$330
  • Breakfast included
Il Padrino Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
$40
$38
Hotel Terrasol(Granada)(Great Value!)
$26
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsyogurtlocal educationnon profiteducational programslocal childrenpeanut butterhotel supportschess setfamily roomswimming poolclean roomswonderful hotelhot watertour guidehotel barfew blocksrecommend hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2009

I stayed at Hotel Con Corazon for four nights in March 2009. The hotel is new since my last visit to Granada, and is a welcome addition to the hotel scene. It is a tastefully converted old colonial building in a quiet location not far from the centre of town, with simple, comfortable and charming furnishings. The rooms have both fan and air-con, with en suite bathrooms - and everything is spotlessly clean. The warm feel of the place extends to the fun photos and frames in the bedrooms, and the colourful bedspreads. The staff couldn't have been friendlier - even when I was always demanding more ice, or fresh limes for my tea in the morning! Breakfast is included, and consists of a delicious plate of fresh fruit, yogurt and muesli, bread (with butter and jam), fresh juice and eggs however you want them. You can easily while away an afternoon in one of the hammocks, or the refreshing plunge swimming pool. Top marks for comfort and quality at a very reasonable price. I will definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We startet our holidays in Nicaragua (february 2009) in Hotel con Corazon. The hotel had sent a taxi to take us from the airport in Managua. It was great, after a long journey, to step in the car. One our later we found ourselves back in a real paradise. The hotel lies around a patio and swimming pool, so you can always be outside and experience a lot of room. Is is a lovely comfortable place, the staff is friendly, and the prices are reasonable. We stayed a few days and visited Granada and the volcano lake. Meanwhile we planned a tour through Nicaragua with help from the staff. At the and of our tour we came back in this hotel, and it felt almost like coming home. This is really a beautifull and nice place to be!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Hotel con Corazon was recommended to us by the Hotel Patio Malinchi since they were full for the Semana Santa. Luckily we were able to reserve the family room (two standard rooms with a shared bath) for three nights. The hotel has only been open since October 2008 and is clean and well-appointed. Rooms are basic but comfortable with adequate AC. Bathrooms are of a sleek, poured concrete design and very functional.

The hotel was close to full for the time we were there but it remained very tranquil and relaxing. We loved the simple decor of the place -- old roof tiles as wall sconces, beer bottles stuffed with strings of lights as bar accents and hammocks scattered throughout. I had the pleasure of sitting and talking for a bit with the new manager Frank, whom I met after he spent an hour (literally) teaching my ten-year old daughter how to play chess on the big board in the lobby. I was impressed with his commitment to maintaining a high level of customer service at the hotel and his interest in expanding the outreach and education programs with the local Nica students which is at the cornerstone of Hotel con Corazon's mission as a non-profit. As a side note, the hotel advertises that all profits go towards local programs for the children of the barrio. I asked about what are considered "profits" and I was told that the two founders are not taking salaries from the hotel and that it was created solely as a generator of funds for their Foundation. Reason enough to support the Hotel in my book. In fact, while we were there, they were setting up an exhibition of photos taken by kids from the program supported by the hotel. We were able to buy a couple small photos for my daughter's room and have them signed by the 14-year old photographer who beamed with pride as she did so.

I would recommend Hotel con Corazon without hesitation. It is a quality hotel on its own and its philanthropic mission only enhances its appeal.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2009

"Hotel con Corazon" is a wonderful place to stay for any type of traveler. It is a quite and comfortable hotel with AC and wireless internet. Service is perfect, staff is very friendly and helpful. It is very close to the main square.Rooms have great showers with hot water. Laundry service is also available. This place is non-profit which makes it even more attractive. If you need airport pick-up, Hotel con Corazon has a driver who will pick you up. The driver is very nice (even though he really likes to talk) and will tell you everything about his life during an hour long drive to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2009

On this trip I mostly stayed in b&b's but decided to get myself a little extra luxury at Hotel con Corazon, Granada. I loved it! It's very laid-back; the staff are especially helpful and friendly. They have a nice pool, it's not big but does the trick :) Rooms are simple but elegant (and they have hot water). And the food is great.

Highly recommended.