“Wonderful Hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Granada
Wilmington, Delaware
“Wonderful Hotel!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Con Corazon for three days in early July. It's less than a 5 minute walk from the central park in Granada, and we really liked NOT being in the center of town. We felt very safe walking home after dinner (usually returned to the hotel around 10) and found the neighbors of the hotel to be quite friendly.

The staff was courteous and helpful. While the room was small, there was more than enough space for me and my husband. We really appreciated the bench and counter space provided...it was great not having our suitcases on the ground.

The room was kept impeccably clean and the bathroom is lovely. The air conditioning is a welcome treat after a long, hot day walking through Granada!

The breakfasts were outstanding, and the amount of food provided was almost overwhelming. Fresh fruit juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt, granola, eggs, pancakes...you can have it all! There is a restaurant on-site where you can have dinner. We dined in our first night and thought that the food was quite good. The bar also whips up some great drinks all day and night.

We enjoyed the pool and found that we almost always had it to ourselves - a perk when staying at a hotel with only 16 rooms. We also loved the large scale chess set near the lobby and the free wi-fi.

We absolutely loved our experience at Hotel Con Corazon and would recommend it to anyone! It's a wonderful, affordable hotel with a great message and cause!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank parisan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Con Corazon for 4 nights. We enjoyed it very much! The staff is welcoming, helpful and pleasant (Special thanks to Naomie who help us with other hotel reservation and welcome us with an umbrella!!!). The room are clean and there a/c and hot water. The breakfast is excellent! The hotel is well located (5 minutes by walk for restaurant). This is the hotel that we prefered during our trip to Nicaragua.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor
1 Thank LLachance
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have travelled extensively throughout Latin America and Europe and this is without question one of the best places I have ever stayed. The place is very well and efficiently run. Staff are attentive and pleasant yet casual and treat you like a friend (there is nothing stuffy about the place). The place is spotlessly clean. Staff are constantly going around the hotel cleaning everything in sight. The pool is small but its great to jump in after a day of walking around steamy Granada. Breakfast is plentiful and delicious, and includes fruit and local coffee. The hotel is a few minutes’ walk to the centre of town.

The hotel also offers excellent tours of surrounding areas. We went on three separate tours: the Pueblos Blancos, Laguna de Apoyo, a boat tour of las Isletas and a hike on Mombacho volcano. Our guide, who works for the hotel and grew up in the area, provided us with a wealth of information on every bird, animal and plant, on local history, etc. He also to us to eat with and meet local families. All of this was far better than a standard tourist tour which just takes you to the sites without really giving you any insight into the country.

Of course, the fact that the hotel supports local educational initiatives, encourages its own (mostly young) employees to pursue their education and uses products made by local people (from soap to the curtains in the windows) is a huge added bonus.
Nicaragua is an amazing country, Granada is one of the jewels in its crown, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank pascalluu
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Staying at Hotel Con Corazon just completed an already amazing experience in Granada. It feels more like a home than a hotel. The rooms are maybe on the smaller side, but there is still plenty of space. It felt like a bedroom…even in its decor. There is a lockbox. There is a nice-size and immaculate bathroom. I appreciated that they had a good quality shampoo and shower gel there for us. I didn’t use the A/C all the time but it was nice to have it at night. It is hot in Granada.

The mission of Hotel Con Corazon really permeates the place. All the employees are exceptional people, taking a deep interest in their guests’ happiness. For example, the A/C was leaking in my room. They immediately changed out the bed that had gotten wet. They were really distressed that the workmen scheduled to come at noon actually came at 8 p.m. They were ready to move me but I told them I’d take advantage of their comfy hammocks to read a book and nap, then go out for lunch, then come back for some great drinks at the hotel bar. There is a lovely patio, a nice little pool to cool off in, and a upstairs balcony with more seating. I didn’t carry a computer so didn’t use the WI-FI but there are two computers available for guest use. There are cups and filtered water available around the entire hotel.

I speak fluent Spanish so I really got to know many of the staff members and their stories. Most are studying English and tourism/hotel management. They are optimistic about Granada and themselves. They are also fun and kind. One night as I drank my macua (try this local drink), several staff members gave me “Nicaraguan” lessons, teaching me phrases and words unique to Nicaragua. We were in stitches. Even if you only know a little Spanish, they will enjoy practicing with you. You will notice that the employees seem to come in a little early and stay a little late after their shifts. It is clear they enjoy their job, their guests and their co-workers.

The food is outstanding at the hotel. All food is bought fresh daily. I recommend eating dinner there at least one night. It is excellent. The breakfasts are really filling. I was teasing the staff that there was no gallo pinto (a traditional rice and bean dish) with the eggs. It is Nicaragua after all! The next morning, it was on my plate. Do not be afraid to ask if you want or need something (that is reasonable).

Hotel Con Corazon is on a quiet corner just two blocks from the main plaza and cathedral. From there you can walk to La Calzada, the street has many restaurants with tables out on the street. It is closed to car traffic. I asked for restaurant recommendations in the hotel and they never failed me. I mostly avoided La Calzada since it’s purely foreigners. I kind of headed in other directions.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. While most guests are from Europe and the US, we all were attracted by Hotel Con Corazon’s mission. When I left the States I didn’t know I’d be coming to Granada. I plan on returning to Granada next year and intend on bringing school supplies, books (in Spanish or bilingual English/Spanish). Pencils, stickers, erasers, anything. The foundation works with many schools and libraries in the area. If you are able to find room in your suitcase, fill it with school supplies and books. Leave them with the Hotel staff. Then go to the market in Masaya and treat yourself!

The staff will also help you find guides. Nicaragua isn’t easy to get around without either a vehicle or a guide. I found guides’ prices very affordable and worth it. Their vast knowledge of the region made the sights I saw even more fun.

Take some time to speak to one of the staff who works with the foundation. They can tell you how you can continue to support the work that they do.

Lastly, I want to specifically thank a few staff members who went out of their way for me: Noemy, Maritza, Angelo, Leo, Chepe, Anelka, Denis and many others. You, as a visitor, really are contributing to Nicaragua just by staying here.

A phrase I learned while in Nicaragua kind of sums up my visit: Hay mas tiempo que vida (there is more time than life). In other words…don’t rush things. Enjoy Granada and Hotel Con Corazon.

Room Tip: They all look comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank dianitah525
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This hotel is located in a nice quiet area of Granada as opposed to the busy Parque Central.
It is lovely, clean and so welcoming. I spent 4 nights there and decided to come back and spend my last night there before my flight back. It was like coming back home. They have two computers available for guest which was great as i did not bring one with me.The staff is terrific and so helpful. They helped with transportation, tours, restaurants, etc. Naomi and Iyonne (as well a great Spanish teacher) were the best! I miss it already The fact that all profit goes to education in Nicaragua makes it the only choice for me.

San Francisco
Reviewed July 10, 2011

What a lovely and charming hotel! We were so thrilled with our stay. The premises are beautiful and meticulously well-maintained. The rooms are immaculate, the a/c strong, and the showers warm.

What really stood out to me was the bar and the food. We spent one night at the hotel and spent the evening drinking at the lovely bar with our friends. The bartender was absolutely meticulous and made delicious cocktails. You could really see the way he took pride in his work. I'm from San Francisco where mixology is considered an art form, and I was thoroughly impressed by his attention to detail.

The breakfast in the morning was an absolutely delicious, multi-course meal. The service was top notch. Hands down the best "free" breakfast I have ever had in all of my travels.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Great service, very comfortable rooms, family friendly, terrific staff, good breakfast, nice pool! The website doesn't do the hotel justice. The staff are super helpful, speak good English, and can help you set up any kind of tour you want, or direct you to any place you need to go. We loved every minute of our stay here and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had the family suite - terrific for traveling with our kids ages 6 and 9
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family