“local recommendation paid off”

Restaurante El Garaje
Ranked #1 of 173 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our hotel host recommended this restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed that excellent meat dishes here. El Garaje is not on restaurant row, but well worth the walk (and arranging to eat while they are open).

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Everytime I am in Granada visiting my friend who lives there I try to eat en el Garaje as the food is excellent . This visit was no exception with a great soup and a salad. Paul the owner is a great host. To cap it all it is always good value. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Sorry to all you vegetarians out there, but I have to rave about this pastrami sandwich. My husband and I stumbled into this place on our last night in Granada, and we were so glad we did! One of the specials, a pastrami sandwich with dijon mustard, was calling to me. We sat down for an early dinner and soon figured out we were in their house and they were making us dinner in their own kitchen! The Canadian owners were so friendly and welcoming. We ordered a cold cucumber and avocado soup, which was rich, creamy, and refreshing. The star of the meal by far was the pastrami sandwich, accompanied by an unusual and tasty salad with a mango dressing. My husband and I didn't realize how much we had missed pastrami until we tasted this sandwich. It was so good, we ordered another for the next day's lunch! I would HIGHLY recommend a visit to El Garaje!

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Fresh, healthy and delicious. We couldn't get enough of this place and came back everyday when we were in Granada. The food and service was just so good every time. The tandoori chicken sandwich, the pulled pork sandwich and the chipotle beef tortilla were stand outs. I also enjoyed the first salad for months here which was on the specials board (changed weekly). Can't rate this place enough, if it was open past 6.30 we would have come for dinner every night too. Definitely make sure you come here.

1  Thank Fritha H
Reviewed May 31, 2014

El Garaje (The Garage) is a private home on the Calle Corrales in which the owners turned the old interior parking area into a small restaurant. Open between 11:30 am and 6:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri., the place is a must visit. Simply the best food in Granada. The specials are changed weekly, and cosy between $6 and $8 American. It fusion cuisine, with Spanish, French and Asian influences, as well as American.
The regular menu includes BBQ Tandori and pulled pork sliders. as well as chicken and chorizo quesdillas or burritos. The salad that comes with each entry is the freshest you can eat without picking it yourself. Limited selection of good wine and beer.
The sour orange cake, a specialty, is the best I've ever tasted. The Canadian couple who run it pride themselves on using the very freshest ingredients. Just superb. You'd pay three or four times the tab for the same faire in Chicago. I ate there probably 15 or 18 times over five weeks.

1  Thank Bill D