“Fantastic Dinner!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Always a great dinner here, I love the burritos, but had a huge interesting salad tonight. Also some of the coldest beer in town. You cannot possibly go wrong for dinner here.

1  Thank jpriebe
There are newer reviews for Restaurante El Garaje

Reviewed November 20, 2013

my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed the lunch we had at El Garaje. The restaurant is a bit difficult to find but worth the search. I had the salmon sandwich special and my boy had some sort of burrito. Both of our meals were delicious, fresh and filling. The service was fantastic the owner was super friendly and willing to give us a few tips about traveling through Nicaragua although I'm sure he is pestered by travelers like us daily! There is no paper menu which leads me to believe that they change the menu here often if not daily which means they are in fact sourcing the freshest ingredients they can find. Also there isn't a huge drink selection that I could find so we were happy with our ice cold Tonas in beer coozies! (sp?) the restaurant definitely has more of a cafe feel and since it's inside it's the perfect way to escape the mid day heat. As i said this place was fantastic but I definitely this this is better suited for breakfast/lunch than dinner.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

It was so great to have some vegetarian choices!!! So fresh. So clean. Just perfect. Ugh said all i need to say. Hate the character minimum.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My friend and I had just arrived in Granada and were super hungry from our long journey. We knew from TripAdvisor reviews that El Garaje was fantastic, but didn't know what to expect as far as the menu. We found it really easily - it's just a short walk from the main square. We were welcomed to a super relaxing (and clean) setting, brightly lit and airy. There were Nicaraguan diners enjoying their meals at a couple of the tables next to us - it was great to see that the restaurant doesn't only attract tourists. The menu was awesome; a great selection of sandwiches, burritos, quesadillas, soups, salads (all with vegetarian options). I had a chipotle beef quesadilla which blew my tastebuds off, in the best way possible. You could taste the love that went into making that meal. My friend's smoked salmon and homemade aioli sandwich was equally delicious. For desert we had a sour orange cheesecake that was like a party for your mouth. The value of our meal was super and the owners super hospitable. I will definitely return to El Garaje when I go back to Granada.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are here twice. If they were open on weekends I'm sure we would have gone at least once more. Between the two dinners we tried 4 entrees. The pork quesedilla with green salsa was the best quesedilla I've ever had. The curried chick peas in a pita was fantastic, reminding me of Trinidad "doubles". These were on their regular menu. As for their specials which change weekly, I had a mountainous Mediterranean style salad that was so flavorful, and my wife had an eggplant and goat cheese sandwich that was beyond words.
When you order a beer it comes in a nicely frosted mug.
The restaurant is quiet, spotless and tastefully decorated. Top it off with owners that are very friendly, and you have a winning combination.
Eat here early in your trip, because you WILL want to go back.

1  Thank TonyZeg