“Little and out of the way, but worth it!”

Restaurante El Garaje
Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Latin, International
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Cash Only, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
California
“Little and out of the way, but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Its a few blocks off the square, but we were determined to find it. Glad we did. These ex-pats turned the front of their home into a small restaurant, with about 8 tables. You can watch them prepare the fresh food right in their modern kitchen. Look on the wall chalkboard for that day's menu. Everything we had was fresh and tasted great. Excellent Iced Tea! Sad we didn't find this place sooner, we would have been in there every day. Go early, they close at 6:30pm

Visited October 2012
1 Thank traveling_monster_me

• Hebrew first
Granada, Nicaragua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really love to go for sure to a place where I can find healthy and delicious food. This is one of my favorites, so convenient for people like me that works during the week and have a great choice to have lunch with my collegues. I highly recommend this restaurant, the owners are so polite and nice! Congratulations for this idea and talent!!

• Visited August 2012
St Andrews
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Back in Granada and a visit to el garaje is obligatory . Excellent food and service from Paul and his wife. Great value for money.

• Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

With such good ratings, we had to check this place out. It's exactly as the reviews say. Fresh food, lovely service at a reasonable price (by Granada standards).

This place is closed on weekends, we came back the next day to find it closed, which was a shame!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Fiona C
New Orleans, Louisiana
“great light and healthy place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a great trip to Nicaragua and this was one of the many places to eat that I enjoyed. The owners are a Canadian couple from Toronto and the food is fresh. The menu is small, but the items rotate every few days. 3 entrees, 1/2 doz burritos/quesadillas, and more options; and I think everything comes with a salad. The salad greens were incredibly fresh and the portion was large for a mere side salad. Pricing was totally reasonable, $5-8 US for a meal with tip. The place was a bit warm, but the colors and decor made it a soothing place to eat. Food is tasty without being spicy and I thought the portion size was quite adequate. Hours are 11:30 - 6:30pm and they are down and across the street from the Pure Gym, which is just a few blocks from Casa San Francisco (where we stayed). The restaurant, incidentally, is in the front 1/2 of their house, and unfortunately (for me), while the interior courtyard looks so inviting and cheerful, it's not open for seating as it is their private home.

• Visited August 2012