“Friendly, knowledgeable, easy. Recommended for others.”

Tierra Day Tours: Granada
Ranked #6 of 45 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Nicaraguan Tour Operator based in the heart of the colonial cities of Granada and Leon.We offer you a wide range of tours and services. Our staff are bilingual Nicaraguans who work with an eye for detail, giving you the attention and service you deserve. Tierra Tour is recognized internationally for its professionalism.We have a high knowledge of the country, flora/ fauna, culture and history.We attend to each customer personally,adapt and modify to any specific needs. We invite you to visit Nicaragua, land of lakes and volcanoes. Nicaragua is without a doubt an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I used Tierra Tours in Granada to arrange for two different trips. First we went kayaking in the isletas, then we toured Mombacho and did the canopy zip line. Both days were quite fun and as far as logistics go Tierra Tours are excellent. Transportation and all arrangements happened mostly on time and everything was generally well run.

We especially enjoyed the kayak trip, but be prepared for a workout! The only small negative to our trip was that our guide did not speak any English (our Spanish is poor), but it was last minute booking and the kayak company was not Tierra Tours directly. That said it did not detract much from our experience and we greatly enjoyed the day.

For Mombacho our guide was Gustavo and he was FANTASTIC! We loved having him as our guide. He was friendly, animated, smart, funny, and enthusiastic. Really, really great. In retrospect we wish we chose to do the longer Mombacho hike but that was our own choosing. The zip line canopy tour was fun and all, but I think we may have enjoyed ourselves even more spending more time exploring Mombacho with Gustavo.

Overall I highly recommend Tierra Tours if you are looking for a guide service in Granada. For both days it was just my girlfriend and I with our guide so it did not feel "touristy" like if we had been in a large group. We had such a good experience that we also booked a guide in Leon through Tierra Tours' office there.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"great guide"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My guide on a personal tour was Carlos, and we went out into the Isletas for 2 hours. He was very knowledgable, very kind, and we chatted about everything from birds to politics, sharks to history. This company was flexible, and reasonable, and I found everything about the experience pleasant. Wear bug spray-- and I am excited that you get to see Nicaragua!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ramon was our guide. He was full of info about Mombacho Volcano and the plants and animals/bugs found there. His english was perfect. The tour was worth the cost. The ride there alone would have been worth it.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Traveling in a group of young women is not always the most comfortable way to explore Central America... But the staff at Tierra Tours made us feel comfortable and safe during each tour we took. Each tour guide provided great information about the history of the attractions and catered to every request. This tour company made our stay in Granada amazing, I wouldn't give my business to anyone else!