“honey...I think he's alseep.”

Tierra Day Tours: Granada
Ranked #6 of 46 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Nicaraguan Tour Operator based in the heart of the colonial cities of Granada and Leon.We offer you a wide range of tours and services. Our staff are bilingual Nicaraguans who work with an eye for detail, giving you the attention and service you deserve. Tierra Tour is recognized internationally for its professionalism.We have a high knowledge of the country, flora/ fauna, culture and history.We attend to each customer personally,adapt and modify to any specific needs. We invite you to visit Nicaragua, land of lakes and volcanoes. Nicaragua is without a doubt an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We used Tierra Tours twice in December.
We had a fantastic tour of Volcan Maderas, Massaya market, Laguna D'Appoyo and the Valentine Lopez pottery school; our guide was incredibly well informed and engaging. The tour was very well priced and the vehicle was great.
Then we hired a private driver from the coast to Managua which was priced well for four people, however, to our horror the driver kept nodding off which made for a hair raising nail biting adventure. I asked the driver so many questions about Nicaragua to keep him awake so he finally gave me a tourist pamphlet so I would stop talking. Ironically this entailed him taking his hands off of the wheel to show me the map. I would go with Tierra Tours again...but I would avoid traveling during the siesta hours.

There are newer reviews for Tierra Day Tours: Granada

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Tierra Tours in Leon organized an amazing "beach and mountain" personalized itinerary for us.
Our accommodations were varied- from a basic bamboo beach cabana and comfortable hotel rooms to unique ecolodges and spectacular mountain resorts. We enjoyed guided tours but also had time to explore on our own. Tierra Tours provided exceptional guides/drivers who were very knowledgeable.
We would highly recommend Tirra Tours and we look forward to planning our next Nica adventure with them.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great half-day trip to the Mombacho volcano. My guide and driver were fantastic, on time for pick up from my hotel, and knowledgeable. We were in a safe four-wheel drive vehicle and stopped at the coffee farm half way up the mountain. The hike was fun and very informative. Great value for the cost of the tour. I would highly recommend Tierra Tours.

1  Thank PeggyMoritz
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Tierra Tours Mombacho Express is for people with limited amount of time, cash to spend, tired or lazy :)... Free of charge version - hike up and down the mountain (2-4 hrs depending on your fitness level) and read about flora and fauna on-line. You might want to spend a day hiking to Mombacho and walking around the beautiful mountain that has a lot to offer: magnificent views, numerous varieties of species of plants and animals (we haven't seen any, perhaps for the lack of time or wrong season).

Ramon went out of his way to make our trip a fun and comfortable experience!

1  Thank Olga B
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have visited Granada, Nicaragua four times and have arranged tours with Tierra Day Tours each time. I have scuba dived at Laguna de Apoyo four times, done both the day and overnight tours of Mombacho, and visited the Masaya Volcano.
The staff at Tierra Day Tours is very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I recommend Tierra Day Tours to everyone.

1  Thank MichiganPensionado