“Tierra Tours Leon”

Tierra Day Tours: Granada
Ranked #6 of 46 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Nicaraguan Tour Operator based in the heart of the colonial cities of Granada and Leon.We offer you a wide range of tours and services. Our staff are bilingual Nicaraguans who work with an eye for detail, giving you the attention and service you deserve. Tierra Tour is recognized internationally for its professionalism.We have a high knowledge of the country, flora/ fauna, culture and history.We attend to each customer personally,adapt and modify to any specific needs. We invite you to visit Nicaragua, land of lakes and volcanoes. Nicaragua is without a doubt an unforgettable experience.
Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tierra Tours Leon”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Tierra Tours in Leon organized an amazing "beach and mountain" personalized itinerary for us.
Our accommodations were varied- from a basic bamboo beach cabana and comfortable hotel rooms to unique ecolodges and spectacular mountain resorts. We enjoyed guided tours but also had time to explore on our own. Tierra Tours provided exceptional guides/drivers who were very knowledgeable.
We would highly recommend Tirra Tours and we look forward to planning our next Nica adventure with them.

Visited November 2012

Denver, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“day trip to Mombacho”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great half-day trip to the Mombacho volcano. My guide and driver were fantastic, on time for pick up from my hotel, and knowledgeable. We were in a safe four-wheel drive vehicle and stopped at the coffee farm half way up the mountain. The hike was fun and very informative. Great value for the cost of the tour. I would highly recommend Tierra Tours.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank PeggyMoritz
Singapore
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great staff”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Tierra Tours Mombacho Express is for people with limited amount of time, cash to spend, tired or lazy :)... Free of charge version - hike up and down the mountain (2-4 hrs depending on your fitness level) and read about flora and fauna on-line. You might want to spend a day hiking to Mombacho and walking around the beautiful mountain that has a lot to offer: magnificent views, numerous varieties of species of plants and animals (we haven't seen any, perhaps for the lack of time or wrong season).

Ramon went out of his way to make our trip a fun and comfortable experience!

1 Thank Olga B
Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellant Tour Company”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have visited Granada, Nicaragua four times and have arranged tours with Tierra Day Tours each time. I have scuba dived at Laguna de Apoyo four times, done both the day and overnight tours of Mombacho, and visited the Masaya Volcano.
The staff at Tierra Day Tours is very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I recommend Tierra Day Tours to everyone.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank MichiganPensionado
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I, too, was on the same tour as yjb below. I can verify that we were encouraged to bring our cameras so that we could take pictures of the sites of Las Isletas. Unfortunately, my camera also sustained some water damage; however, thankfully it's still usable.

As for the tour, it hardly felt like a tour, as our guide did not stay with us at all. We were in one kayak and the guide and one other person were in another kayak. I didn't feel safe in the choppy waters out to Isletas, as the guide left us far behind. Once we were able to catch up, he did show us a few flowers and plants, but not much. He and the other tour member stayed mostly ahead of us the whole time. We did not receive the "swimming opportunity" we were promised on the flyer, as we stopped only twice and not for more than 10-20 minutes either time. The positive is that Isletas is very pretty and that we got some good exercise in, but I would go with another company for an actual guided tour of the area.

Visited September 2012