“Good, but no original pancake house.”

Kathy's Waffle House
Ranked #11 of 172 Restaurants in Granada
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I'm no pancake connoisseur, but it is my favorite food. I loved the atmosphere and the service was great... Food came out fast. My apple pancakes were very good, but they didn't compare to those I've had at original pancake house or the Doyle cafe near my house in the east bay (California). My partner's breakfast was okay- there was nothing especially special about the breakfast combo. STILL, if you want pancakes while you're in Nicaragua, this is the place to go. Banana shakes were also delicious. In spite of the higher prices, I would recommend it.

1  Thank Kp614

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a tourist hang-out. Nicas generally don't go here. I only bring my daughter here when she is desperate for a waffle. Their breakfasts are very good - but overpriced for what they are.
We generally try to avoid it just because it is so full of tourists though and it's not a relaxing place for us.
It is open only from 7am to 2pm also.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Sit outside facing the San Francisco Church because every time I went, there was always good breeze which is much appreciated in the hot climate. I loved the hashbrowns here (cubed potatoes with onions and spices) and plátanos maduros (ripe, sweet plantains). I had a few breakfasts here (Nica traditional; pancakes; eggs and hash browns) all good with fast delivery and good service like has been commented on in other posts. Great place to eat if you are traveling by self as I met a few people due to the 2 - person tables being close together.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stopped by on my last morning in Granada because I couldn't resist the lure of waffles, and was a bit surprised at how packed it was for a Monday morning! Nevertheless I was seated right away, and at an outdoor table with a great view of the old monastery across the street. I got the pancakes and they were great (and huge), and as an added perk the coffee is free if you get a meal. If you are craving an "American" breakfast, definitely try Kathy's!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family had four breakfasts in Granada. 3 of them were at Kathy's Waffle House. I'm not one to dwell on regrets, but we should have eaten there all four days :-)
Excellent service, tasty (and bottomless) coffee, yummy omelets, chocolate chip pancakes. Okay, time to book my flight. I'm hungry.