“No better getaway than this!”
Review of Hotel Xalteva

Hotel Xalteva
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is my first visit to Nicaragua and to Xalteva. It was everything I could have wished for and more. The property is beautiful and impeccably maintained. The staff is friendly and ready to assist you with any request. Breakfast by the pool was such a fun time to get to know the other guests, learn about great places to visit and to enjoy the fabulous fruit salad. The two bedroom condo in which my mother (80ish) and I stayed was spacious and had everything we needed. The proximity to the town center was great. Restaurants were a short walk or taxi ride away. The staff was very helpful in arranging tours. It was a treat to have owners Jay and Kathy there during our visit. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
jaysnyder, Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate you for taking the time to have written. It was wonderful to have you both stay with us and are happy that you had a great experience. We hope to see you again someday!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our third annual visit to Granada and the Hotel Xalteva, and it was wonderful as usual! The friendly and extremely helpful staff made tour arrangements for us and had a taxi there within minutes when we needed one. The other guests at the Hotel were wonderful and it was like one big family! My husband and I traveled with a friend, and the two bedroom unit worked so well. The morning breakfasts of delicious fruit, coffee and pastries by the pool along with the other guests is just wonderful! The Hotel is within walking distance to the center of town, the Calzada, restaurants and many interesting places. We had a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: The end room upstairs has a wonderful view of Lake Nicaragua and the cathedral downtown. If you hav...
1  Thank MarthaandBud
jaysnyder, Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Friends,
We so enjoyed having you return to Hotel Xalteva. It is always a joy to see so many returning guests. Your presence here is always to positive and we aim to please. Thank you so much for your stay and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This beautiful property was so much better than staying in an impersonal hotel. It felt like visiting family without the inconveniece of imposing on someone. AM breakfast by the pool was great fun. Kathy and Jay and Melissa and the staff were all wonderful. The 2 bedroom condo was lovely, clean and and comfortable. Everything we expected for a two week vacation and more.

1  Thank DERBYFl

Dear valued friend,
Here at Hotel Xalteva we treat each person as if they were extended family and you are always welcome to return and we will greet you with open arms. We appreciate your visit and look forward to the next time. Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot to all of here!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I have just spent a month at Hotel Xalteva and loved it. We rented a 2 bedroom unit and had our son, daughter in-law and toddler visited us for 2 weeks. We rented a a room in the hotel for our daughter for one week. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and our little toddler bonded with them during his visit. Breakfast by the pool each morning was great with excellent local coffee. The other guests were friendly and we had people to go on trips and out to dinner with. Jay and Kathy (the owners) were very helpful in making suggestions and taking care of things. Mellissa, and all the staff are very friendly. There is a gym around the corner if you want to take Zumba or other classes for just $1 and walking everywhere is easy or it's very cheap going by by taxi. This hotel is recently built in colonial style and small and intimate. I agree with a previous review suggestion to take ear plugs. The local noises of dogs and fireworks are not the fault of the hotel but rather the area.

1  Thank kamaoleowner

Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved having you as guests with us and appreciate your positive comments. Your grandson was so cute and the staff absolutely loved him. Yes, Zumba is close by at Junior's Gym and is a great way to start the morning and then come back to Hotel Xalteva for a healthy breakfast. Hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently rented a two bedroom condominium at Hotel Xalteva and had a wonderful time. The place itself is extremely comfortable -modern with all the necessary amenities including ceiling fans and air conditioning. The staff are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make your stay a more pleasant one. Xalteva is located in walking distance to the center of town, and is in a safe, residential area. Breakfast is served every morning either near the pool or on your patio -delicious fresh fruit, granola and yogurt. And Yvania makes sure she gives you a generous portion, always with a huge smile! Jay and Cathy, the owners, as well as Jennifer and/or Melissa, give wonderful advice as to restaurants and sightseeing trips. After a short time, you really feel "at home" and sad about leaving. I would recommend Xalteva without hesitaion, and look forward to returning there soon.

Room Tip: Any one of the condos is fine, but if you have difficulty with stairs, then I recommend you rent a c...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sandyp37
jaysnyder, Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
We are happy that your enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for recognizing our staff members by name. Ivania was especially happy to see her name mentioned. Our staff members are highly qualified and they serve with a smile because they are naturally happy people with a positive outlook on life. We are so glad that you were able to feel that as well and hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I just came back from my trip to Nicaragua. I rented a condo at the Hotel Xalteva! Although there was some mis-communication about me needing two beds in a room, Jay (owner) honored my request and placed an extra blow up bed for the nights I needed my driver to stay the night. I can't say enough for the people who helped me who really went above and beyond to make me feel like home. Jennifer (receptionist) was by far my favorite, because she always had a "Can do" attitude. I didn't care much for the rest of the people there-- as they weren't so "inviting". They always have someone guarding the location but (Jackson) the night security made it feel so it's safe.They have all the amenities that you can think of which made it all the easier for me to cook and bake on days I wanted a nice dinner at my home away from home. I lost my credit card in Nicaragua- so Jay let me pay via pay-pal, which truly saved me! All in all the location is VERY clean, SAFE and the two people I mentioned were VERY nice... I might just come back!

Room Tip: There is no fitness center- and no restaurant, just fyi. They do have a laptop they allow you to use...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
jaysnyder, Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Although there was a misunderstanding with your reservation, our staff, acted quickly and worked with Jay, the owner, to create a mutually beneficial solution. We are so glad you noticed that! Our highly trained personal work hard so guests feel comfortable. Upon check out, I heard very nice things about you and your mother from all of our staff members. It surprises me that you did not feel the same way about our team and hope you return again someday to see just how special they are. Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Xalteva was one of the big highlights of our two-week trip to Nicaragua! They were SO comfortable and perfect for our family reunion. We rented two two-bedroom suites with kitchens and livingrooms and one separate bedroom for our in-laws. Everyone was comfortable and we all enjoyed gathering around the pool. We were surprised at how well finished the woodwork and details were, along with the unique set-up of the pool. The breakfasts of coffee, a big bowl of fruit with yogurt and pastries were a nice way to start the day. We spent New Year's Eve at the hotel and it was perfect! From the second floor, we set up a long dinner table and watched fireworks explode across the whole city for more than half an hour. There were so many fireworks we didn't even know where to look in the sky! It's an experience we'll never forget and the hotel has such a great view of it all.

We also enjoyed visiting with the guests that were staying there as well...we even shared New Year's dinner with some of them! It felt like a small community of fellow travelers, each of us sharing what we explored that day. The staff was incredibly helpful. My son was able to get onto the front desk computer and print out his homework. I heard they have since added a computer in the lobby for guests to use. We'll definitely come back to Granada and when we do, we'll stay at Hotel Xalteva!

Room Tip: We liked the second floor because of the great views. Any room would be fine, though.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marti F
jaysnyder, Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for spending time at Hotel Xalteva. It was a pleasure to host you and your family while you enjoyed your stay in Nicaragua. We try to accommodate all of our guests and will be happy to welcome you back. Since your Trip Advisor review, we have since fixed our guest computer and now, once again, guests have a computer to use in our office for all of their emailing, homework and research needs! Have a great 2013!