“Loved it!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant
Thurso
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was meeting a couple of friends in Koh Chang and they had booked a hut for me at Little Eden. I got there quite late and was shown to my hut which was BEAUTIFUL! I felt safe and was very comfortable! There are mosquito nets over the bed, shelves around the outside and raised platform at the foot of the bed.
David is a right character! Myself and my friend locked the safe & forgot the combination 2 days in a row, lost a key and couldn't work out how to use the shower...(our own incompetence). So in short a hoteliers nightmare, David was absolutely amazing, he did take the mick, which was well deserved but bore no animosity and helped us out as soon as he could!
The food at Little Eden is amazing! Try the spaghetti bolognese-lovely!! The service is relaxed, which I personally love. I was made to feel at home, and when on holiday I have no wish to rush, neither am I timing how long the food takes to arrive.
I do not understand the previous review, or maybe they just did not get David's sense of humour???
The only downside I can see to Little Eden is the walk up the hill to get to it, clearly this is only minor though!
Thanks again David for a great stay! X

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank madgec74

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Dahab, Egypt
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The host was rude to me on several occasions and rude about other guests. The food was good but the service was terrible: they didn't have what was on the menu twice, had to chase the kitchen staff just to place my order, which when the meal arrived came without for example a knife and fork and so on. One meal ( at 6 PM-dinner time?) they were so unprepared that I had to wait a long time, twice, while they went to buy the food. A 'restaurant'? I should have walked out.The room was damp and smelly, no mosquito screens, no water pressure in the shower and nothing to put your stuff on. The cat is lame, and the'hosts' response 'well the Thai don't care about animals so I don't" This poor animal is in shocking condition. Shame on you. Room nothing like on the photo. Much more competitve accomodation, pricing and service on Lonely Beach. On my last morning the host snapped at me (over a simple query. I had foolishly paid up the night before). I felt like just a walking ATM and once he had my cash didn't feel like he had to be polite. Won't stay again and won't recommend.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Frankly66
Daejeon, Daejeon, South Korea
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was planning on arriving in Koh Chang with no reservations and figuring it out from there; however, when I saw the reviews for Little Eden I decided to book ahead of time and it was probably the BEST decision I made when I was in Thailand. The guesthouses are cute little jungle huts and David, the owner is amazing and will help you with anything you need. Restaurant recommendations, tour booking, motorbike renting- he even drove my very sick boyfriend and I to an English-speaking doctor and stayed to make sure everything was fine. The restaurant at Little Eden has great breakfast, plus thai favorites, as well as a few more upscale dishes(prawns, steaks etc.) if you just can't eat another plate of pad thai (we ended up eating there about 75% of the time). Another plus- David lets you keep your own tab as far as drinks and beer goes which felt relaxed and homey. And while I like a party as much as the next backpacker I was extremely grateful that I wasn't stuck in a sad little concrete hut with parties outside my window until 5am. Little Eden lets you escape most of that with just a ten minute walk.

The only cons: You can still hear some of the beach parties that last until the wee hours of the morning, but you're probably going to hear them from anywhere on Lonely Beach. And I wish Little Eden had some real coffee!

Pro Tip- If you're interested in cooking you should take the cooking class that David recommends. It's about 1300 THB and lasts from 10-5, BUT it was one of the best travel experiences I've had in all my traveling. (Better than cooking classes in Italy- the teacher is that good)

Bottom Line- You will be so glad that you made reservations, the owner makes you feel so at home and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate S
London
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We managed to book a bungalow with David at short notice, and it's been one of the highlights from our six months of travelling (we stayed there in Nov 11).

David was a great host, he made an effort to talk to us whenever we were in the main lounge/restaurant area (without being intrusive), he booked some great tours for us (I recommend the jungle trek in the south!) and the food in the restaurant was delicious.

The bungalows were nicely integrated in to the surrouding, and they were far enough from the noise of the bars on Lonely beach (about a 10-15min walk away).

If we were to revisit Koh Chang we would definitely stay at Little Eden again!

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank HopperGreen
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Little Eden is a little bit of paradise. The first night we arrived we joked with David that it was likely that he had a problem with people never wanting to leave and it proved true for us as well. After staying 3 of our booked 7 nights we decided to book another week. After staying our first week decided to spend our entire vacation in Koh Chang at Little Eden! David is the perfect host making everyone feel at home in the carefully-cultivated, relaxed environment of both the restaurant and bungalows. The food is excellent and fairly priced, we even ate here most nights. The rooms are far enough away from the main street that when you are ready for sleep the constant party that is Thailand doesn't keep you awake. We want to thank David and his team for making Koh Chang the best stop on our 3 month tour of SE Asia and we hope to visit you all again :-)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank C F
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We did a lot of research on a place to stay and eventually decided on Little Eden. We communicated with David over email and he promised us two rooms for three nights. When we got there he looked confused and said no one had reservations that night. We got out the emails we had exchanged at which point David admitted he remembered us. He told us three different stories about why he didn't have our rooms. The first involved his internet going down, the second Excel crashing, neither of which made much sense. He finally admitted that someone with the same first name our reservation was in had shown up the prior week asking for a room. This person didn't have a reservation and never mentioned one. But having the same name as our reservation was enough for David to delete it from the books. He offered to take us to a different guest house and drove us down the hill to Paradise cottage. They did not have rooms for all three nights but we agreed to look at a room. While we were looking at a room with stained sheets and an ant infestation David took off. So we were left climbing the hill back to the main road with all of our bags looking for a place to sleep. This was a horrible way to begin our stay in Koh Chang and it all comes down to David deleting our reservation, after we had extended email conversations about the number of people in our group and the nights we would be there, just because someone else with a very common name showed up the week before. Ditching us at Paradise was also unacceptable. I would have much preferred walking down the hill from Eden to the main road than up the hill from Paradise. David showed very little regret and never apologized. This is not a helpful person and not a person to be trusted. We ended up staying at the Lonely Beach Resort and it was wonderful stay there instead.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Mike B
antalya
Reviewed February 24, 2012

this place is quiet far from all the bars and clubs....you can sleep in quiet.the garden is fantastic you feel some foreign touch.
but you have to tell the owner your exact check out date...otherwise could be problem.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple