Garden Resort
$69
$53
Klong Prao Resort Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$37
$61
$56
$81
$60
Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$65
$56
$67
$62
Agoda.com
KC Grande Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)
$75
  • Breakfast included
$99
$91
Priceline
All reviewskai baeapple tvdutch ownersalt water poolbars and restaurantsgreat poolstayed for nightspool sidethe main roadrainy seasonlarge bathroomfantastic staylaid backmooseislandbeachko
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Loved this place - Maus definitely deserves his No1 ranking on tripadvisor! Lovely rooms, really nice pool, great bathrooms. Lots of DVD's - nice touch to have dvd in the bedrooms.You are made to feel so welcome by Maus!
The breakfast was of a high standard - with the kind of cheese and bread you don't normally get in Thailand!
Follwed Maus's recommendation to an excellent local thai restaurant.
Thanks so much Maus - I'll be back!

Room Tip: By the pool....
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank HongKongCallisto
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I actually went to Koh Chang for diving, and the guy at the diving place happened to ask me if I wanted him to book a place to stay. I said sure, what do you recommend, to which he asked what my budget was. My reply was that I didn't have a budget, what was more important to me was that I got value for my money. He booked us (two grown ups and four teenagers) to Garden Resort in Kai Bae for six nights.
Travelling around 100 days per year I get my fill of hotels, generally 5 star ones, sometimes hostels, so I've seen all kinds.
Garden Resort sticks out. In a positive way.
Situated at the road running through Kai Bae you transfer from a busy tourist street with traffic, bars, restaurants etc through a 5 meter driveway to a small oasis.
It's a small place, and it's not a 5 star hotel, but what it offers it does in a very good way; the bungalows are well kept, spacious, clean, good aircon, and have tv, dvd, safe, warm shower, good bed, refrigerator. The space around the bungalows are pleasant, the pool is really nice, and there is a nice reception/bar/pool table/restaurant/relax area.
Restaurant was not yet open as we were at the end of the low season, but breakfast was served, simple but completely OK.
The place probably does reflect the intentions of the owner, who seems genuinely focused on having happy guests. He is also a valuable source of recommendations for what to do on Koh Chang, and good help for booking stuff.
We extended an additional three days.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MA991
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Just got back from Thailand, where we spent 6 nights at Kai Bae Garden Resort. I chose it on the basis of internet reports. Having now stayed there I can indeed highly recommend it to others. Mause is a charismatic and energetic Dutch guy who owns and runs the place, assisted by his lovely Thai wife.

The rooms are large, clean, and nicely decorated. In my opinion it is very reasonably priced for the quality and the service levels. The setting is lovely...it really is like an extended garden. The pool area is very nice. Although you feel very secluded (in a nice way!) staying here the entrance opens straight onto rows of shops and restaurants.

Mause is full of very helpful information about all aspects of Koh Chang, He directed us to a couple of particularly good local restaurants, where best to hire a motorbike and best places to visit when out and about on it, boat rides, massages, money changing etc etc.

HIghly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PaulJar
Reviewed November 4, 2011

In october I was again going to Koh Chang for to dive. I spent some days ( 6 nights) for the 3th time in Garden Resort. Because of the low season I could get a discount on my room (at the pool). The room was like always in top condition and I was supriced that they have now also a flatscreen lcd television and a dvd player in the room. I love to stay in Garden Resort because its like coming home in Thailand. Maus and his staff are like family and they give you a warm and comforteble stay. The place , garden and swimmingpool where like always en verry good shape and verry clean. I had a great time and will be back in januari. Garden Resort is the place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank richard188590
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here for four nights and were warmly welcomed by Maus and his team. Our rooms were comfortable and clean, the pool was beautiful, the location very central in the island and Maus was great at recommending restaurants and places to visit. The breakfast was lovely and fresh and I would thorougly recommend this resort as a base for exploring the island.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family