“Nice new bungalows, old huts are a little shabby”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Koh Chang

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Oasis Koh Chang
veldhoven
“Nice new bungalows, old huts are a little shabby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We decided to go here after all the very good reviews on Tripadvisor! Not a bad choice! We booked both deluxe bungalows and a jungle bungalow. For us it would have been much more comfortable to have an extra bed placed in the deluxe bungalow, which was not possible. There was space enough however.....
The newly build deluxe bungalows were very nice and comfortable. The matresses are very hard however, the hardest matresses in a whole month South East Asia! There was a small flatscreen, airco and a fridge. The nice wooden lazy chairs on the veranda are also a big plus too!
The jungle hut was very, very basic! On open air bathroom is nice when it is dry, but we had lots of rain during our stay. So going out for a pee in the mousson rain is not that great....! I really felt sorry for our youngest son that he has to stay in this dark, unpleasant hut. For the hot shower he came to our hut, which was not a problem.
The restaurant of Oasis is very, very nice. There is nice music, comfortable couches and pollows to lay down, and there is defenitely a good vibe around. The owners Marieke and Floris are very nice people too! There is a good menu to choose from, it is not cheap, but it tastes great!
Wifi was not working most of the time during our stay, the owners tried to solve it but it just went down all the time.
We loved the two dogs of Marieke and Floris, they are nice company to play with! Especially with the young dog Diesel!

As mentioned it was raining cats and dogs during our 3 night stay, and we decided to leave earlier than we made the reservation, which was Ok with the owners. Koh Chang must be a wonderful island when it is sunny and dry, it is lush and green.Maybe we should come back to give it another try.
Tip for the owners: update the jungle huts to nice, fresh, and more comfortable huts, than tehe Oasis will be perfect!

Room Tip: Choose for the deluxe rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We spent 10 days @Oasis this November, and I really want to be there again. We felt really comfortable, though the matress is a little hard, but it´s everywhere in Thailand I guess;-).

I chose the Oasis because I wanted both: a beautiful beach where u can make party, but also have a quiet place to sleep. The location of Oasis had both, and i can say, the location up the hill is perfect for that. The resort is lovely, very natural, the Bungalows are solid and well-built, not only Bamboo-Matresses. I have been to some Bungalows in Thailand, and I think these were the best. Because when the door is closed, you hear almost nothing.

It was quite hot, but there is always a slight cool breeze at the restaurant, so can hang out there the whole day if you like.

So, the main restaurant is a very nice place to watch beautiful sunsets (!) , hang out, talk, relax and eat delicious food.(The girls in the kitchen really know how to cook....mmmm!).

The owners of the Oasis are mid-30s I guess (didn´t ask them, sorry Rikke and Floris:-) ), and you know, u really can feel their passion for there business. They really are nice people, and will give you lots of Info about Ko Chang, where to go and what to do. And they also tell you about their lifes, what I really enjoyed.

On Saturdays, there is a BBQ for everyone who wants to join, and we really had a good time that evening, though I felt like dying from eating to much afterwards. Thanks for that!

To say it short, my wife and me would have left Ko Chang earlier, because it was not too much of our Island at first, but we felt so good @Oasis, that we stayed the whole time planned, and with Rikkes & Floris help we discovered more and more places, that made our stay really wonderful. (Kai Bae Beach)

So: the prices for what you get are really good and reasonable, great staff, nice owners, open-air bathrooms to take a shower in the sunshine, solid bungalows.

Try the coconut-milkshake! Highly recommended by me & my wife:-).

Rikke and Floris,

I am glad I met you Oasis, hope we´ll be there again. Cheers!

André & Sue

Room Tip: We had a jungle Bungalow whit hot shower, which I recommend, because sometimes it was cool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BAHRAIN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

"And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and the sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." Gibran

This property is run by a family, but excels on levels higher than best five stars I have stayed in. Let me take you through the entire experience. Found them through TA, made a booking using their website, no deposit, quick confirmation. Great communication leading to the arrival, was a bit apprehensive as there was a lot of rain the preceding weeks. My mini bus dropped me off at the junction on the main road. Floris came down on his scooty to help me with the luggage, minimal paper work at the reception, and I am in my room. My deluxe bungalow was a few feet from the restaurant, had huge windows on three sides and the 4th side leading to the shower cum rest room. For a minute I felt the room was a bit on the small side, the TV was awkwardly positioned to the bed, where is the cupboard, there isn’t one haa. Unpacked my luggage on the floor and went for a shower with a view. Thoroughly refreshed after the hot shower, tried to work out the place. The TV could not be mounted anywhere else as the 3 of the 4 surfaces have windows. Gave the bed a try it was cosy and comfortable, went back to the reception to get some extra hangers where I meet Marieke.
Had a super late brunch cum supper at the restaurant, thank you Nana and crew for your exemplary service. Super portions, super taste, super sunset. Had a good rest and came back for some drinks in the night. Interesting concept, the self-service, at your honor system, you write down whatever you take during the day as at times there is nobody there. Met some very nice folks that night who became my drinking buddies for the next 3 nights. The place has a very earthen feel to it with the deep red flooring and vegetation surrounding you.

The next night, Saturday was barbeque night which was a great way of getting all the people in the resort together and make merry which we did past midnight. Then we headed to Hummel and Ting Tongs. The guard dog followed us half way to Hummel (what a party animal) and was nestling at my door at 5am when we got back. Chilled out at the bar on the last night and had a tofu pasta. Marieke booked my return transfer to Bangkok for the next day through Sea Horse Tours, reached there safely and in comfort. Pity the driver sighted safety issues for not bringing the van all the way up despite Marieke insisting and was dubiously on the phone multiple times during the ride and stopped at all the wrong places for refreshments. Overall…. a once in a lifetime experience with a lot of fond memories.

Pros:
•Super location, very very green and away from the music
•Down to earth owners, fantastic service and value
•Great food, variety of beers, Marieke please send me the recipe for the sauce at the barbeque.
•Absolute steal, off season at 600 baht a night.

Cons:
Could be a stressful hike up if you are aged, have small children or too drunk.

Tips:
Carry a mini torch and insect repellant.
Ask them for the smaller key chain if you find the big one a challenge to carry.

Room Tip: The newly built deluxe cottages on the top have the best views. Else you can always come to the rest...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We looked up places to stay in lonely beach and Oasis really stood out. As soon as we got up the hill (it's really not that far) we understood why. The lounge area had a really cool deck with cushions and places to lie and look out on the best view in Koh Chang. It's definitely worth walking up that hill. I really loved hanging out here. Our bungalow was more upmarket than anywhere we had stayed before this but we decided to splash out because the place was just that cool! The majority of the food is lovely but some western dishes aren't what you might expect. The manager Floris was extremely nice and helpful in every way. He booked two day trips for us and answered ALL our questions. We really loved the chilled out atmosphere and didn't want to leave.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Uppsala, Uppsala Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a horrible first night in Ko chang and were looking for a better place to stay @ lonely beach. We walked up the hill and found this paradise. Stayed for 3 nights in a supernice and clean bungalow. The staff was lovely, great food (so great we ended up having almost every meal there..) and the athmosphere?? So great and relaxed! Loved it! Go there!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linn G
Huizhou, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Would definitely recommend this place. My girlfriend and I stayed here for five nights at the beginning of October. We stayed in one of the Deluxe Bungalows, which was a real bargain in off season! It was clean, well decorated and came stocked with a little fridge, a TV, a fan, air-conditioning and a hot shower. The place is about 10 minutes walk from Lonely Beach, up a hill through the town. It's situated in a lovely tropical area, with lush green and buzzing cicadas and views of the ocean from the restaurant. All the food we had in the restaurant was great - Thai and Western. The Isaan Set was particularly tasty and the mushroom/cheese sandwich was great! The owners are friendly and helpful and the staff are lovely.

Ko Chang is a beautiful island and this is a wonderful place to stay. We really loved our time here, even though it was raining most of the week!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a delightful 5 night stay at Oasis:

Pros:

A) Oasis is just a 6 minute walk from Lonely Beach, but you're completely sheltered from all of the noise.

B) Fast, dependable WIFI, and a comfortable environment from the restaurant from where you can get work done.

C) The owners are a very warm and accommodating couple.

D) Oasis is up a hill, so you have a great view -- you can see the water from the restaurant.

E) Competitive prices. I moved from a bungalow lower down on the same hill, and at Oasis I was paying 100 less baht a night.

The bungalow I was staying in was pretty bare bones, but it was well worth it!

Room Tip: I preferred being close to the restaurant to ensure I had wifi in my bungalow.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo