“A little slice of paradise”
Review of Oasis Koh Chang

Oasis Koh Chang
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I really enjoyed chilling out in the peaceful and relaxed environment of Oasis, as well as the really great views to be had, both from my hut and its main dining area. There's a very welcoming atmosphere at Oasis, in large part due to its very friendly staff, which made my stay there a thoroughly enjoyable one. Combined with the decor and the naturalistic setting of the place, it really felt as if I had found a little slice of paradise on my mini-vacation. Totally worth it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Oasis Koh Chang

Reviewed August 8, 2012

If you wanna stay like being in an Oasis then choose Oasis Hotel. There you found a typical asian hut surrounded by beautiful plants with your own hammock on the terrace for chilling days and an amazing shower, which is OPEN-AIR and surrounded by a view protected stonewall, then this is the place to be! the huts are new and there is also an huge chill-out area where you can order food (yammi!), read books from their library, watch dvds or use the internet (WIFI also).
the hotel is located at lonely beach. after getting off the taxi in the middle of lonely beach you just walk along the street and follow the sign on the left sign which leads you directly to the hotel after a 5 minutes walk up the road. the two warmly friendly dutch owners can help you in all your belongings and give you all lot of travelling notes. If I go to koh chang onbe day again, then this is the first address, where I goinna ask for an accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Great place to spend your time on Koh Chang. The view is amazing and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is good and there are plenty of activities in the nearby town. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Hfranken
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My daughter and I landed in Ko Chang with only a vague idea where we wanted to stay, we were on an odyssey which started with hostels in Bangkok's Khao San backpacker ghetto and ended in a 5 star riverfront Bangkok Spa Hotel, with a Lonely Beach bungalow smack dab in the middle. I liked THIS stay the best and plan to return!

From the minute we walked up the hill to inquire, we were welcomed very warmly by Marieke and Floris and shown around. It was a quick an easy decision as we already felt like guests at their place. There may be other bungalow resorts with similar amenities and value but the owners of Oasis made this place stand heads and tails above others as you feel like a guest in their home rather than a customer. Their Thai staff were also lovely and extremely helpful.

The bungalow we stayed in was fabulous, it felt secluded as they were well placed on the property rather than just lined up next to each other like some of the other places seem to do.

You have to keep in mind that this is a simply built bungalow in the jungle with the basics. I would liken it to comfortable camping with a lot style. It has a thatched roof and shutters over the windows. You have your own bathroom with sink basin, toilet and cold water shower (which in Thai heat is in my opinion, quite lovely).

It was very hot when were were there but were perfectly comfortable with just the fan.
My daughter found the bed to be too hard but it was fine for me. There was a lovely hammock on the porch.

The restaurant/chill area was really fabulous and I believe no other bungalow place in the area has the incredible view theirs does. You can sip your beer, recline and gaze out across the sea, viewing little islands just off the coast. Truly fabulous! And the owners make you feel so welcome and so comfortable. The food was really excellent, we ate there on numerous occasions. They have wifi there and if you don't have your own laptop, they have one they will lend you for free.

We paid 250baht per night, around 8$ and it is AMAZING value! This was low-season so the entire area was pretty quiet and that's just the way I like it. I'm definitely considering coming back next July!!

The Trip Advisor links above don't seem to be working properly. For more info or to book you should go to their website www.oasis-kohchang.com

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LMondoner
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It's a short walk up the hill from the main road, located in a beautiful jungle, this place is lovely! the bungalows are clean, comfy and there's an outdoor shower attached. The owners are extremely friendly and welcoming. This spot is perfect for couples, friends and singles looking for a great laid back atmosphere, the restaurant is good and has a nice view. I'll definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at Oasis twice in two years and each time i have loved the friendly atmosphere created by the owners. The amazing food at the restaurant adds to the picturesque views, the whole atmosphere at Oasis is one of relaxing among friends. The bungalows are just a short walk from lonely beach but have a vibrant jungle feel about them with their proximity to nature.

There are books and wifi in the restaurant as well as hammocks and daybeds to relax on, i spent several days just relaxing here and would highly recommend it. It is extremely cheap as well!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is beautiful, picturesque, and worth the small walk to the beach. What really made our stay was the wonderful owner and her service! After we decided to stay another night at the last minute and hadn't booked ahead, she invited us to stay in her home until a room opened up stating that "Once my guest, always my guest". I can't truly say just how much her kindness meant to us. Traveling, after all, is about making connections and I will never forget my stay here. Also, the room was lovely with a beautiful outdoor stone shower. I couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple