Nirvana Resort Koh Chang
Klong Prao Resort Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$37
$61
$56
$69
$53
$81
$60
Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$65
$56
$67
$62
Agoda.com
KC Grande Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)
$87
  • Breakfast included
$99
$91
Priceline
All reviewsbang bao villagethai furniturefishing villagebali stylesun terracelow seasonthe main swimming poolbig tvlarge beachnearby villagedvd playerrent a scooterstaff was very friendly and helpfulbuddha viewextra bedyogurtgreat pool
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is pointless to review this hotel, as everything were almost too perfect

it is not a resort, it is quite small and really really cute

but the distance...

come here, only if you are prepared to carry the cost of hiring a car (using the local taxis can be equally expensive...) , or if you just want to get into your cosy room and forget about the rest of the world.

my opinion: spend here the first 2-3 days of your trip to cool down from the long flight and transfer from BKK and move to Klong Prao for the rest of your vacations

Room Tip: go for the seafront deluxe bedrooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LiFo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Here's the real story: my husband and I went to Thailand recently for our honeymoon. Koh Chang was a our first stop of the trip and he had been responsible for booking the hotel. We grabbed a shared shuttle from the Trat airport (also recommended), knowing that we'd be the last to be dropped off, as Nirvana is located on the most Southern end of the island, furthest from the ferry. As each other guest was dropped off, I thought, "hmm, this hotel looks nice... I hope ours is as nice!"

Arriving at Nirvana, you are not necessarily struck by any extreme luxury (it's certainly not like staying in one of the swanky places on Koh Samui). But what you find over the course of your stay is a place of peacefulness perfected. The grounds are maintained with beautiful landscaping, hidden spots to retreat to for a moment of quiet amidst the natural beauty, and most notably, the most divine dining experience I can think of. Nirvana's restaurant, Tantra, is a delightfully breezy, open-air, softly lit space, where diners are treated to delicious food, remarkable quiet (relative to my American experience of restaurants), and excellent service. THIS is where I found myself completely relaxing...wholly removed from the craziness of everyday life and delighting in the chance to slow down and connect with the beauty around me.

The other very important thing to note about Nirvana is its ideal location. On Koh Chang, where it seems to me that it would be very easy to feel isolated, Nirvana is walking distance to Bang Bao Bay. We also hiked (not far, and on paved roads) to several lovely beaches across the bay... maybe 3 miles away? But Nirvana also has a shuttle to these spots if you'd rather not strap on your walking shoes.

In short, even with my high standards, I can say with certainty that I would not have been happy staying anywhere else on Koh Chang. Nirvana is THE SPOT for folks who want to relax, but also want to be able to access other interesting activities. You'll enjoy fabulous food, a stunning view, great service, and the ability to explore all that Koh Chang has to offer.

Rave reviews from these honeymooners! :) Thank you, Nirvana! ...and to my husband, whose choices I may have initially doubted...NICE WORK!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin C
Reviewed October 8, 2012

our last stop on our month long trip in thailand, laos and cambodia. we came from the beaches in sihanoukville and koh rong and all i wanted was a room with a brick wall and cement floor. we found this and it was so much more then better!
when we arrived only bungalow 9 was free - with bedroom and livingroom, a bit more expensive then the others but i didn't care. the bungalow was huge, the bathroom clean and there even were shampoo and conditioner! the bed was very comfortable, big and soft. in the livingroom we had a flat screen tv with many english stations and a dvd player - with dvds at the reception! and because it rained one day, we watched several movies!
the breakfast was okay. they serve home made bread and jam (very good!) but the "buffet" is often empty and not refilled unless you ask the waitress - who seems to be overwelmed by such questions. we only stayed for dinner on our first night, because we didn't have a motobike then. dinner was absolutely overpriced and average in taste. you can rent a moto all day, eat out and still save money!
renting a moto is a good idea in any case, since there isn't much around nirvana in walking distance. exploring the island by moto is fun, you can choose where to go and what to do.
the pools are both very nice, we only took a quick dip because we prefered swimming in the waterfall!

i can recommend nirvana to everybody who is willing to pay a bit more then the dirt cheap places you can find on the island and doesn't mind beeing in a quiet place and not in the middle of the party. i loved it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I spent about 8 nights at Nirvana at the end of our honeymoon in January. It was the end of a month long trip around Vietnam and Cambodia. It was the absolute perfect relaxing end to a very action packed trip.

Usually we are the types to try and do a mix of activities and relaxing. Our time at nirvana was purely relaxing. Nirvana is at the very south of koh Chang just near the fishing village. We didn't leave that little area for the whole time and it was fantastic. The restaurant was at nirvana is great so you could eat there every day if you wanted. It was so lovely to be able to stroll out across there and be out over the water. We particularly enjoyed the cheese course which we sampled a couple of times after dinner. A couple of times a week they also have a guy playing guitar who was really good. If you do feel like something different though, it's a short stroll to the fishing village. It is dark at night, but I never felt unsafe and you can take a torch if need be.

Another thing that we loved was the cliff side deck on the opposite side of the little peninsula that nirvana sits on. We headed here pretty much every second day and sipped wine and beer as we watched the spectacular sunset (also to sounds of the restaurant guitarist on a couple of occasions). Very romantic. Fellas (or ladies), if you're looking for a nice spot to propose, would definitely recommend it.

During the day, we mostly chilled by the pool. You could get good lunch food here too if you couldn't be bothered getting off your sound lounge.

We had an awesome room, right near the pool. I can't remember what type it was, but I think it was the deluxe something. It is the one just on the water's edge with the hammocks out the font. Definitely worth it. You could watch the sun rise over the water from the room. So beautiful. The room also had this amazing movies collection with many new titles - a good thing to have down the sleepy end of the island.

So nirvana really is right on the water, it's almost a beach, but not quite. We did see a few people swim here, but I wouldn't really call it the best swimming spot. You don't need to though. You get the best of both worlds. A lovely pool with a view of the sea.

We totally loved our stay at nirvana. How can you go wrong with a place where you can watch the sun rise on one side in the morning, then set on the other side in the evening? It's very sleepy, quiet, romantic, relaxing and relaxing. Did I mention relaxing? Will come back here again for sure.

Room Tip: Get the one on the water's edge wit the hammocks.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kate M
Reviewed August 5, 2012

what a beautiful place. on a narrow strip, you can see both sides if the island - sunset, and sunrise!
great rooms - really big and comfortable, very spacial design.
two beautiful pools.
but most important - great staff! great service. and THE BEST RESTAURANT in koh chang. which means GREAT breakfast, and dream like dinner.......
very very recommended!

Room Tip: BEST restaurant in koh chang!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family