“excellence”

Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
QINGDAO, CHINA
“excellence”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was enjoyed so much at your hotel with my family .Amazing you can provide the excellence service to us during staying . I will surely recommend your hotel to my friends when they going to Koh Chang.And it will be better if you can give me a discount when I visit Koh Chang next time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
FRANKFURT, GERMANY
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We (family/German w/ 2 kids 3y and 6y) stayed for 10 nights and could have stayed longer for sure.

The resort is beautiful very clean, has the best and largest beach with a lot of shadow in the area. Just perfect.

We stayed on the hill-side in a family apartment with a fantastic view. Breakfast offered a lot of different dishes and tastes..never got boring.

Only negative point was the WIFI...it is so slow that you can not work on your computer/tablet or search for something...also it is only available in the lobby and up-hill restaurant. .and we needed the internet because we had to work sometimes and wanted to research things You can buy a quicker wifi for your room (exspensive!)...but for the price of the night for this resort this should be a standard to be included today.

Anyway if you don´t mind this...a perfect place to relax as a couple or also with kids as they have two pools and the ocean is not deep so kids can enjoy it too...we would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Location was excellent - set about 5 minutes away from town, and very easy to get a taxi. Great not to be in the actual town like some resorts. Great Beach for use only by the resort, with wonderful sun beds and food/drink service if required. Fantastic new shapes the towels were made into every day when we got back to the room! Very quiet. Great choice for breakfast. Gym was ok - cycles and running machines. No cross trainer. And some weights. Very easy to organise all activities on the Island through the hotel, and on the same day if needed. Very friendly sweet personnel. The reception peopel speak good english. The bar and restaurant not so great, but really not a problem. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

HAGERSTEN, SWEDEN
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We have been to the Seaview Resort & Spa several times and we like to come back again. Especially the Beach front bungalows are very nice.

Quality, service and accomodations are one of the best at Koh Chang.

Thank you very much for Another excellent stay!

Torbjorn Hall

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I booked a deluxe villa which was a few seconds walk from the beach. I had a private balcony which had a wonderful view. The room was very good if not plush however, the bed was wonderfully comfortable and a well stocked mini bar (I felt it was too expensive to use). Slight irritation was that the hot water in the shower took a long time to come though.

A great touch was the beach basket with towels so you could take all your bits down with you. Liked this very much.

I was near the bottom pool as well which was clean and lovely and there was a small beach bar where you could buy ice creams, coconuts and best of all - beer at 60 baht,

There were plenty of loungers but the resort was not busy so not sure what would happen them I did notice a few loungers booked early by (I think) Russians or Latvians..

Great breakfast offered. Just about everything you could want to eat. Chefs were cooking your eggs fresh. Not a huge selection of fruit, but I found everything to my taste. Both restaurants offered decent food. Again when I went, neither were very busy so not sure where other guests ate. Town perhaps?

The resort has a flat beach area with trees so very pleasant to sit underneath, then there is a strange sandbag barrier on top of steps down to the real beach. I guess this barrier is to keep their flat area from flooding when the tide comes in. The steps were quite slippery when wet and I did feel nervous so sat down on my bottom to get into the water. The water is lovely and clean and you are able to walk/swim quite a way as it is not deep. The tide was always in when I was there but I was told it is possible to swim to the small island nearby.

The gardens are lovely and well kept. Guest should take a walk around them. There is a funny tram to take guests into town - about a mile or so away - if you want to eat/shop or buy cheaper beer for your room. This is only 4 times a day and no actual return unless you are at the stop in town when they are dropping guests off. A taxi back is cheap though,

You can have a massage on the beach or rent kayak but I only had a few days and just wanted to relax after a 6 week trip round Indochina. Breakfast, lie on the beach reading, have a beer or so, then shower, beer on my balcony watching a wonderful sunset then look for some dinner. Just the job...

I did not give an excellent rating because of the beach access and the hot water, but I did love my stay here and would go back again.

Room Tip: Book one the beach side villas.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gillian m
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed in a deluxe room very spacious with a beautiful sea view.
This resort is very big with many beautiful gardens all around.
Very nice breakfast with a lot of choices and delicious food in both restaurants.
The beach is nice, we can rent a kayak, and go to the island in front of the beach.
nice massage and beautiful swimming pool.
The only bad point is no free internet in the room.
We had a fabulous stay in this resort and will come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Beautiful surroundings........

We stay in the new building at the top
This was our first visit to Koh Chang and we could not have picked a more idyllic location or hotel.

I would definitely recommend spending New Year's Eve there...they made it a fantastic memory. Thank you Sea View resort, we will see you again in 2015

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple