Koh Chang Paradise Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$58
$41
The Emerald Cove Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$181
$48
Agoda.com
Kacha Resort & Spa, Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$112
$38
  • Pool
Chivapuri Beach Resort Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$95
$42
$107
$65
Priceline
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

KC Grande Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)
$82
$62
Trip.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

The Dewa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$61
$56
Agoda.com
AWA Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$58
$49
$184
$120
Priceline
1,631 results
All reviewscable carlighthouse restaurantprivate beachhoneymoon suitesmall islandbreakfast restaurantexcellent hotelkai baenice beachswimming poolbeautiful resortexcellent staydeluxe roomsrelaxing holidaylow tiderecommend this resortbeach side
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed 7 days at this resort. The facilities and the location is great. The kids enjoyed the two pools. Our room was located up the hill, which you had to access by very time consuming elevator. The water in the bay wasn't really clean. The family rooms were very spacious and clean. The restaurant at the beach was ok with slow service. The restaurant at the view top was really bad. We got very bad steaks for the kids, which they refused to take of the bill. Service was extremely slow although we were the only guests. Throughout the stay we had the impression that the hotel staff we're really interested in helping the guests at all. The low service was so different to what you normally can expect in Thailand and must be a management attitude issue. Constantly we ended up in discussions regarding extra costs for everything at this hotel. We paid ridiculously much to get to the closest village with the hotel car service. Staff refused to call another taxi for us. Instead we tried to grab a taxi by the view point which is next to the main road. Would chose another location at Koh Chang if ever returns.

Room Tip: Stay as close to the beach as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank slumpen
AjarnDavidKohChang, Manager at Sea View Koh Chang, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our resort. I am the new Resident Manager of Sea View Resort & Spa. Although I was not supervising operations during your stay, I would like to apologize for the negative experience that you had. I am now working to improve our service standards with new policies and training programs for staff.

As a resort which tries to have a positive impact within the Koh Chang community, we try to hire and train staff from the local area as much as possible, as well as hire interns from nearby high schools and universities. This staff tends to come from more disadvantaged backgrounds than the staff who work at hotels and resorts in Bangkok, Phuket, and other popular Thailand holiday destinations. So we hope our guests understand those occasions when the service staff might not be as finely skilled as those Thais who come from more privileged backgrounds. I hope the new policies and training programs that we are implementing will quicken the learning curve and better prevent disappointments among guests such as yourself.

In addition to new policies and training, I am expanding the free services that Sea View Resort & Spa provides to reduce the extra costs that you mentioned. For example, we now provide free WIFI internet access in the reception area & lounge and have begun providing free shuttle service at set times throughout the day to the village of Kai Bae.

With regards to transportation within the resort from the clifftop building which you were staying, I’m not sure if you were aware (and, if not, that was certainly our fault) but guests can always ring reception for a free golf cart and driver to bring them down to our private beach and seaside swimming pool versus riding down by our private cable car.

As to the food quality and speed of service that you experienced, we have hired a new chef who will be arriving next week and who we expect will better meet guests’ expectations while dining in our Lighthouse Restaurant or Sunset Beach Restaurant.

I hope you’ll give us a chance to demonstrate our improved service should you visit Koh Chang again, and if while here you experience any problems do ask for me personally.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Having spent four nights at Sea View Resort & Spa we came to the conclusion that this hotel is a real mix of positives and negatives.
The good side: large room with big balcony and stunning sea view (deluxe room 3), daily room cleaning service of good quality, nice and clean sandy beach, two outdoor pools, green territory with a lot of tropical plants.
The bad side. The walls in our room were thin enough to listen to TV shows our next room neighbor watched every night. Food in the restaurant, both for breakfasts and dinners, was of average taste. You have to use a bike or a car to get in the hotel from outside since there is no walking paths leading to the hotel. However the distance from the nearby village is not too long. On the hotel map there was marked a path to jungle trekking but we could not walk farther after the bridge since the path was covered with shrubs.
There is no free internet even in lobby. The transportation services to other island locations by hotel own cars are not at nominal fee, as the hotel website declares, but at regular local taxi price or even more. You would have to pay extra even for renting a kayak on the beach, or for dvd player in your room. It seemed that golf cart used mostly for transporting staff but not guests within the hotel territory. Once we saw the hotel's cart in the village tried to stop it but he ignored us.
The general impression was like most of the hotel staff felt tired all day. Nothing similar to more or less friendly environment that was in other hotels we had ever stayed.
I think it is a controversial thing to place in the room a list showing how much will be the charge if a guest breaks anything in the room.

At least thanks to the special promotion from travel agent we paid 50% of the normal room rate.

Room Tip: If you go for panoramic view and want to be close to the restaurant where they serve breakfast try to book Deluxe room 3!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Maxx_smart_traveller
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We highly value our customers’ opinions and continue to improve our hotel with its. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. Therefore, I would like to address both your positive and negative reviews.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated room and stunning sea view from your private balcony. We prize ourselves to be located in one of the best location in Ko Chang. We work hard to keep our hotel green with minimal disturbance to the rain forest. I am pleased that our room cleaning service did a wonderful job, and I will be sure to pass along your compliment to them.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your negative experience. Our standard procedure in a noise complain is to first inform the source of the noise, if nothing resolve, we would offer a different room to you on a different floor as we do try our best to make your stay as memorable as possible. As for our location, we locate from a beach front all the way up the mountain. We are in more private beach area in Ko Chang, which is good if you like a quiet beach for yourself, but it also means that we are a bit further from Kai Bae village. However, from our hotel to get to Kai Bae village, you can walk along the beach for 15 minutes to get there. As for the jungle trek, after receiving this review, I met with our hotel team and we cleared the shrubs on the jungle trek. The wireless high-speed internet in the hotel is provided by TOT (an external company), we apologize that we could not our guests with free internet access as we are only selling the internet card for TOT company. After reading your review about the transportation services, we sincerely apologize on the confusion of “nominal fee” part, we usually offer a private van which the rate goes up and down depending on the number of people, which could be lower or the same as local taxis. However, we will correct our website to end further confusion. For the list showing prices of item in the room, we actually have guests interested in buying those items as souvenir, which is why we put the price list for those interests in buying those items.I am sorry to hear that you experience less than pleasant service from our staffs. I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a next training exercise.

We are also please to inform you that we have a buy 1 get 1 free promotion until October 31st (further detail can be found on our website)

Once again, we appreciate your stay and feedback. I hope that the remainder of your trip to Thailand was enjoyable.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am a frequent traveller all over AsiaPacific and I must say that this hotel ranks as 1 of the top three worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The welcome if you can call it that was borderline rude, attitude from manager when complaining about non working aircon to a bar that closes at 10 and reluctant to neglecting staff at restaurant. Hotel is well overpriced and old and jaded without any resemblance of service.

I certainly will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank BusinessTravellerAW
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. We try our best to provide guests with the most memorable experience. I will be sure to discuss your feedback with our team regarding our services.

You may be interested to know that we have started a renovation of our hotel lobby, business center, fitness, and entertainment area. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back after our renovation is completed in October so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly if you are traveling to Koh Chang again so that I can personally take care of you on your next stay.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel if you want to waste your money.

The check in "welcome" to restaurant staff constantly ignoring you will within 1 day make you wish you had stayed somewhere else.

The only bar closes at 10 pm?

I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank Buddie123
Reviewed April 14, 2012

we had afamily suit that was big modern and clean.
our kids and us anjoied the pools (with the slide!) very much. the beach is lovely and the place is on a mountain inside a jungle with the wonderfull view of a sea and the close islands.
breakfast was good.
the location is a bit distanced from the village - a 5 minuts with a taxi.
we stayed there with 3 children for 9 nights and it was relaxing and anjoiable.
there are several kind of rooms there - big buildings and small sperated bangallos so you should ask for the kind that you want wile making reservation.
the front desk people were very helpfull.
try to climbe the light-house before sunset, you will see grate view and maybe you will see the monkeys taking a bath in the nearby water piles.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family