“Apart from one staff member the stay was amazing”

KC Grande Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stated at kc grand resort in Koh Chang with 5 friends. We felt relaxed and happy with the facilities. We have stayed one night in garden view bungalows and after we moved to hill side hotel. We liked the fact that every pool is different and therefore interesting. It's not our first time in Thailand but one can definitely rest in kc grand resort.

The only problem we had was an incident that did not make us immediately happy with the level of service. On our arrival we presented booking information done thought www.booking.com we were surprised how much time it took for a member of staff (Saowanee) to sort out the accommodation. But what was really disturbing was her attitude. First she requested credit card details from my friend and we had to call booking.com to explain to her that everything was fine. Anytime we said something she would stand up and walk away to what I believe is little lobby/staff room at the back. When my boyfriend tried to assure her that of there's a problem with the card he can give here his card instead, she she showed her hand to him signalising she doesn't want to listen to him. I couldn't believe how my friends were treated so I decided to talk to her. She showed no interest in what I was saying.
Furthermore, anytime the phone rung, she would show so much annoyance she has to answer it, it made us feel so uncomfortable; we traveled with little baby and her arrogance did not help to make our mind if they restore us for us.

Nevertheless, other members of staff are extremely nice and helpful. Having revived satisfactory email from manager we enjoyed the rest of the stay.

Note to beverages manager: stock some champagne! We ordered champagne cocktails at the pool but there was no champagne. Still there was few champagne cocktails champagne based on your menu.
Thank you for reading!

• Stayed: May 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed seven nights at KC Grande over Easter 2013, and overall we really enjoyed our time there. We would definitely recommend to families, and to couples who aren't too hung up on romance!

Resort appearance - The resort gardens are very well kept, and the restaurants and bars are clean with nice, simple decor. The exterior walls in some parts of the resort could use a really good scrub, but this didn't bother us too much. The Hillside building across the road was modern and clean.

Room - Our room was a garden view room which actually had a view of the car park. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it wasn't a big deal, but a little disappointing. The room was fairly modern and we didn't have any problems with noise. We couldn't get hot water at all though. The mattress was extremely firm, which we actually loved, but could be a problem for others.

Resort facilities - The only meals we ate in the resort were the breakfast buffets included in our room fee. They were fine, but not brilliant. I wouldn't pay extra for them. The main pool was clean and usually quiet, and the swim up bar was fun. We never had a problem getting a deck chair before breakfast (around 8am). The rooftop infinity pool at the Hillside building was amazing, and we spent a number of sunsets there. There is also a second pool with a waterslide there. We visited the main bar once, and were the only people there watching the band. It was quite uncomfortable.

Location - We loved the location of KC Grande, at the north end of the main White Sand Beach drag. A short walk down the road would take you past convenience stores, market stalls, massage parlours, restaurants and bars. A short walk up or down the beach would take you to a whole range of beach front bars and restaurants.

Service - Service was great. Wait people, reception staff, cleaners and the tour operator were all friendly, helpful and fairly efficient.

Room Tip: If you get a garden view room and don't want a car park view - specify!
1  Thank AustralianJosie
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a garden view bungalow, and it was ok. More or less as expected, nothing fancy - but there were what there would be in a bungalow almost anywhere in Thailand.

The resort was not to crowded, but there were many russians, maybe that is what to expect (i'm not that funned with their attitude).

I was not to impressed with the resort, but overall it was ok. (Cant speak for the new building as I didn't go there...) - breakfast was "big" but really nothing special and pretty much what you get everywhere in thailand. If they just could find some good bread instead of the same toastbread every morning...

It is in the "right" end of the beach/main street - but White sands did not blow us away...

The pool is nice, and the same goes for the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have the Deluxe hillside seaview room, and woow its lovely. The view is breath taking, the room 5 star love the jazzuzi, and big space.Have pool on diffrent level great nd the best its on a lovely long wjite beach. Only 10 minutes drive from the pier, i come back promise .

Room Tip: Dont miss this hotel on your next trip Ko chang, expensive yes, but worth every penny...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sebastian007_12
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My future Thai wife and I stayed here for a week during April 2013. The staff welcome was nice and efficient, and we were driven on a buggy to our Garden Villa. The room was spacious and clean, and overall, we were impressed. The room was made-up everyday, and even the maintenance staff found around the gardens were polite. The choice of food for breakfast was varied, and we had something different each day. The location is just perfect. We ate breakfast looking out to sea, and then strolled along the beach each morning, before enjoying our day. A small stall/shop on the main road about 50 metres to the right of the entrance offered all sorts of excursions for great prices. A day out on the sea from Bang Bao was just superb; swimming with, and feeding fish, similar to Nemo. We loved Koh Chang and the KC Resort so much, we have already booked for October 2013, but this time for 12 days and in a Hillside Poolview Jacuzzi Deluxe.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We Stayed here for 10 days in a Deluxe Jacuzzi room in the new building. The bed was the best i ever had in Thailand and the room was spaciuos and well cleaned.

The breakfast was great with alot of fruits and juices to choose from.

The pools where also great and there was never any crowd anywhere at the hotel.

The Staff was great and we have nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Take the new building its so much better then the old one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just checked in after coming from a five star Bangkok hotel. Maybe it is me, but for 5,000 thb a night for a room that resembles a 1,000 thb room is not my idea of value.
I have just ordered a chicken burger as I thought that would be a safe option. I have had better in Nigeria which really is saying something. The pool looks nice and a great view of the sea. I have been lucky to stay in some very nice places all over Asia in the last 20 years. This place however is is in the top five of the worst I have stayed at.
I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

3  Thank Mike D