Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I don't know where to begin on this. I got the feeling that this hotel was like a faded movie star. It was once really great, but now had faded away to obscurity. My room while clean and basic, overlooked the staff dorms. If I sat out on my balcony I looked into a bunch of guys shaving and listening to music while surrounded by a run down mechanical equipment. Clearly not what I was looking for in a view.

The hotel pitches itself as a resort and spa, but when I asked about the spa services I was told that the spa was closed since they couldn't find any employees. They offered to send me to a nearby spa, but it wasn't opened on the days I was there which the staff at the hotel were unaware of.

I felt really bad for the restaurant staff because no one was eating there, but you couldn't blame them since the one night we did eat there the food was mediocre at best. Free breakfast was nice, but the omelets had barely anything in them, and when I poured some milk in my cereal it was on the edge of spoiled.

The pool area was lovely and was great to swim in. There was an area for a swim up bar, but it looked like that had been abandoned long ago. Not sure if this place went through some troubled times, but it definitely needs a major overhaul in terms of its services and staff.

Room tip: Try the bigger rooms by the beach they're worth the extra few bucks.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank JLC221
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 7 nights. The rooms are spacious and well equipped, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff was very helpful and nice. They addressed each issue professionally and attended our every need. The location is wonderful - right on lonely beach, and lonely beach center was just 5-7 minutes away. Wi-Fi was also available. Overall, it was wonderful, and I will probably return to this resort if I return to koh chang.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

A really nice place, great stuff. Great location if you're looking to stay in lonely beach. Very clean. If you're looking to have a great time in a fair price this is the place!.......................................................

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We loved this place. The hotel is situated right on Lonely beach and is set in gorgeous gardens. The restaurant serves good food, and the staff, many of them Cambodian, are lovely. The included breakfast was a mahooosive affair with steaks and rich sauces to go along with the usual things. It made for a very filling start to the day!
It is definitely worth asking for a sea facing villa if available, but even the ones towards the back seemed lovely. All the rooms are set in 2 story individual little villas, and are quite charming. My only negative would be the somewhat eclectic miss mash of decor styles in the room, it ran from fake Victorian to ultra modern, and some that was hard to identify...but all good! The bathroom was fine with plenty of hot water in the shower, but the bath not a great success.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

4 nights here in a garden room, 20 metres to the pool! Free Internet. Friendly, helpful check in. Huge room, great bathroom, no bugs! TV could use a couple extra channels, and the air con was a little temperamental but those things aside, very good! Poolside was the place to be, and the good thing is there a 2 adjoining pools. Pool staff are friendly and accommodating, moving deck chairs and umbrellas etc but not at all in your face. Same with food and bar service staff. Meet Mr T at the restaurant, he is friendly 5 star for sure and deserves a thank you! Right on the beach! Overall exceptional value here, we paid 55AUD per night including free cooked breakfast buffet and Internet! Rainy season but only rained once in ten days!!!

Date of stay: August 2012