Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$97
$82
Trip.com
$28
ZenHotels.com
eDreams$82
FindHotel$87
All reviews lonely beach hear the music great beach included breakfast beach side sea
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The rooms were as expected although there were no deck chairs to lounge on the beach, but for a few very rustic ones around the pool area. The Breakfast was shockingly bad and most morning I had to ask for more bacon ..... and cold french fries just did not do it for my dietary requirements. However we did eat at the restaurant quite a lot in the evenings and the standard there was fantastic I was happy to leave as we had the misfortune of a motorbike accident and there was no way on the island to send a fax or contact our travel insurance

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank davidstruwig
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We've had a beachviewroom four nights. AC was dripping water we called reception and is was fixed the same day.
Very nice views to the beach and see and landscape of the island. Scooter rental was excellent. We've rented scooters 2 times and drove around the whole island to see loney beaches and waterfalls.
Then we moved up for 4 night to a villa. This was wonderfull. Nice private pool and a good bubblebath.

I don't understand all the bad comments. We travelled around thailand and this was the last stop. Compared to the other hotelrooms we've had, Siam was very nice.
Maybe some people need to see some more of Thailand.
The Thai people arent as clean as we are in the west.
Only the poolrooms are nearby a discobar. I would not recommend those rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank 20132910hghg
Reviewed May 15, 2011

On the island of Koh Chang. In all fairness, we were there during Song Kran (the Thai New Year when everything goes up in price) but at $100 a night it was over priced compared to other resorts in the area. The resort was in need of upkeep and repair (use the stairs at your own peril) and there was a strong sewage smell. The rooms were comfortable. They were charging North American prices for accommodation, food, and service and not providing anything resembling it. Over all, many other resorts offering much more at more reasonable prices.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank suelivingston
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Some of you may have already read a previous review I wrote on the Siam Beach Resort. At the time, the resort was fairly new and I could not fault the service or hotel and had an amazing stay on that occasion and 2 previous in one of the pool villa's.

I read the bad reviews being posted and figured "ah well," probably just the normal whinges that stand in lobby's complaining about everything they expect...as if they were "back home??"

So I went back April this year for the 4th time.....booked in for 10 days, LEFT after 2 days and will NEVER GO BACK!!

I suspect even all the rats someone previously mentioned have now checked out of the Siam Beach Resort looking for better service elsewhere!!

Pool Villa = Shower with no cold water, Bathtub that has clean water, until you turn on the jets which quickly turns the water muddy brown. Outside shower with no shower head (aka hose). Simply put, you need to take a bar of soap and head to the beach if you need a bath or shower?? Airconditioner.....broken?? The private pool tiles were yellow and the water had not been cleaned for a very, very long time so you could not use it??

Complimentary Breakfast = 5 tubs of dried up "stuff," I assume was once eatable at 6:30am but not replaced since. 2 staff to serve all breakfast guests (1 cook / 1 servicing really bad coffee you would sip once and leave)?

Bar = No cocktails or spirits. Beer and Wine - only??

I was a huge fan of this resort but I now recommend to anyone considering staying at this resort............DONT DO IT AND PLEASE DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS POST!!!

Siam Beach Resort is now a sad dive of a place and should be downgraded to 1-star at best!!

Cheers

Laison

Date of stay: April 2011
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank ihateuriver
A Tripadvisor Member
hobart
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Where do we start? Suffice to say my wife has travelled with work for the last 15 years and has never come across a place so disgustingly filthy in her life! I have travelled extensively through SE Asia and North America and agree it's the dirtiest, filthiest place I have ever been in, and that would include $10 US a night guest houses in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, all of which were infinitely cleaner than this place. I booked a pool villa here at a cost of 5900 baht per night. This was the last accommodation of a five week trip. I expect my wife sometimes to stay in less than perfect places, and this was my way of saying thanks for putting up with a few places that were pretty rough around the edges on this trip. First impression - unfriendly, uninterested, unhelpful reception staff. From reception to our villa takes you past the kitchen which if you can see through the dirty windows, is less than clean. The tiled pathway between the kitchen and restaurant area has not seen a cleaning agent or scrubbing brush in years and the restaurant itself is a pigsty with filthy windows, filthy floor, broken & delapidated furniture and a water feature facing the sea that hasn't been clean properly in months. The crockery that you are expected to use at breakfast is badly chipped. The walk to our pool villa (approx 100 metres) across the sand is an obstacle course of tree roots and electrical conduit that's above ground, carrying the wiring to the external lighting. The pile of rubbish between villa units E103 and E104 is disgusting with rotting material that smells and desperating needs removing. The wooden stairs up to the villa are delapidated, broken and dangerous. The building itself is in desperate need of painting and repairs to badly cracked masonry. Windows are dirty. A very amateurish attempt to reseal the glass on one of the front doors sees silicone smeared all around the edge of the glass. Inside the room there are mouldy curtains, dirty mirrors (only cleaned up as far as the housemaid can reach), a filthy shower recess with a glass door that you can barely see out of for soap scum, and two glass handbasins that are chipped and haven't been properly secured to the bench top. The taps over each basin are equally insecure, but what appalled us the most was just how filthy the two basins and taps were. Grease, what appeared to have been dried toothpaste stains and heaven knows what else clinging to the sides of each basin. I have learnt in the past to run a spa or jacuzzi with clean water for five minutes and then empty it to see what comes out of the pipes before I use it. The residue that was left in this spa from previous occupants was appalling. The only way I would have used the spa would have been to have it professionally disinfected first. The external features relating to our much anticipated private pool? It was surrounded by rotting, filthy decking, and on one side, a white plastic table and chairs that had so much mould growing in the plastic that they had turned mottled grey. Cracked and broken plant pots and slime and algae on the tiles at water level around the pool. The airconditioning unit inside (above the bed) drips water all night onto the bed linen, which in itself is stained and undersized for the king size bed. We stayed the one night of the five we booked and checked out this morning. There are staff everywhere. They appear to be totally untrained, lazy with a "not my problem" attitude. The management of this hotel/resort is the most amateurish I have ever come across, and they should be ashamed of the establishment they are in charge of. The two positives about this place - the staff on morning reception appear to be so used to refunding deposits that they do so without question and seem genuinely embarrased and continually apologetic. Plus the beach is right at your door, clean and great for swimming. If you want any further information or photographs to back up what's been said here, PM me and I'll be more than happy to oblige. PS - do not under any circumstances, eat the seafood at the evening BBQ. Last nights' BBQ meat and seafood was sitting on trays from 4.30 p.m. in the afternoon in the open, with clingwrap on it, not refrigerated. Hello food poisoning........ This morning at breakfast I had specifically ask that the dog wandering through the dining room be removed.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple