“Great Food & Great Place / Service could be better”

Morgan Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #75 of 256 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Morgan restaurant and bar provides good quality European and Thai food. We serve full English breakfasts, omelets and more from 10 am. Baguettes, salads, homemade burgers and pasta dishes are all available. Traditional fayre such as cottage pie, fish and chips and steaks are available on our menu where anything can be ordered all day up to 10 pm. We show live sports on multiple screens and have a projector with big screen upstairs along with pool table and free wifi service. Our staff are friendly, families are welcome, we stock a large range of drinks including ciders. Richard, Noi and our team invite you to come and join the Morgan's family!
Reviewed April 12, 2014

In General thought this was an excellent place.

The menu was a decent mixture of English & Thai Favorites at fair prices

some of the staff were attentive & polite whilst others needed to be made aware of what good customer service is.

Was not sure whether to give 4 or 5 stars. But overall a great place.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Staff are welcoming, quickly rearranging furniture, fans etc, to ensure visitors' comfort. Sounds sad to mention, but only place in LoS I found that stocked decent (Thatchers) cider, which was v refreshing on hot days. I heard locally that food was highly regarded but did not get to try despite 3/4 visits. Mojitos better than in other bars. Nice place.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We ate here twice for lunch and thought it was a nice place. All-day full breakfast including 2 eggs/sausages/slices of toast/pieces bacon/tomato halves, beans, and tea looks and tastes good. The panang curry was delicious! The omelette was decent, but the fried rice I had here was kind of bland.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

very nice relaxed atmosphere, great staff, great food, great Irish coffee's :) good pricing too, the owner an English guy seemed to be present a lot and have a real interest in the business which is always a good sign.
oh ...very nice toilets, which can be hard to find in Koh Chang.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have no idea why this place is so highly rated. I could get better pad thai in Akron, Ohio. Or Stockholm, Sweden. Or even Baghdad, Iraq. This may be a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. The pad thai was a fluorescent orange color. I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and tried a bite. The sauce was thick and syrupy and had a sweet rancid taste. Immediately I felt ill so stopped eating. I was in such a hurry to escape the atrocity on a plate that I didn't take a picture.

Management response:Responded June 17, 2017

Harsh harsh words!
Contradicting other people's reports, but hey, we're all allowed an opinion!
X