“Good food and excellent service.”

Monkeys Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 266 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Monkeys Restaurant & Bar offers you a wide choice of homemade meals - well known western dishes,steaks, pastas, Mexican,chicken dishes, Thai, Cambodian & our famous Monkey Burger. We have clean, comfy surrounds with a relaxed atmosphere. We have free Wi Fi, free pool table, live English Premiership football, puzzles and quiz nights.Our waiting staff speak reasonable English and will try their best to give you good service.We welcome singles, couples and families We are located in the middle of White Sands Beach Resort.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Mick the owner and Rob his manager are both from the UK. Nearly all the staff speak good English and give an excellent service. The food is good and reasonably priced. English & Thai food is readily available. Good mix for both adult and family dinning. Well done guys keep up the good work.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Your positive comments about our food, service and staff are much appreciated. I`m pleased you recognized that we cater for both adults and families. Most of my staff have their own children and there are few restaurants/bars here that kids are catered for and can relax in with things to keep them occupied. Thank you.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I came here on my first night in Ko Chang and was not disappointed. The monkey burger is indeed first class. I ended up chatting to the staff for a good few hours too, they're all really friendly and speak great english.
Also, they show EPL football when it's on, so I'll be back tomorrow.

1  Thank Curt N
MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Very glad to you enjoyed the Monkey Burger and thank you for your compliments. And good to see you in for the Newcastle game. away the lads!

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was really nice and the staff are really friendly. But it is a crowded place that would benefit from more staff in the evening. Service sometimes took loooong time.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I am very happy you thought the food was really nice and the staff very friendly

You`re right sometimes in the evening we get crowded because Monkeys is a popular restaurant and bar. Normally our service is pretty quick so I`m sorry you had to wait a little while. These 2 weeks are the busiest of the whole year and I`d like to think we do have sufficient staff. But I will monitor that.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The thing that makes this place stand out are its owners who make everyone feel welcome. Great service, good food & some entertaining banter.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

I am very happy you had such a great time with us, it`s nice to be appreciated. Thank you.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Warm greeting "at the door" ( it's a big open wall so no door really ). Was offered a choice of seats inside or outside and asked if I was there for soccer games which I wasn't so I chose a seat on the terrace outside to look at people coming and going. There is a lot of staff on deck and service is omnipresent but not overbearing. Someone kept an eye on my table as I was making my choices and when I was ready to order she took it promptly and brought my beer in the following minute. Saw there was a free wifi in so I asked another staff member for the password and got connected. Wifi although it's not a big point for me is very fast and I suppose it might come handy for those who watch sports with one eye and keep up with their e-mails writing.

Food came and there is why I say near perfect experience. I ordered the monkeys burger and it came a little ( not charcoaled black by any mean ) overcooked for my taste. I am a canadian, maybe this comes from there but I like my meat medium rare and it was medium/well done. I have to say that I didn't ask for it to be medium rare and in a perfect world, I would have given this restaurant a 4.8 out of 5 but trip advisor makes no such distinction so I went for a 5. The fries were really good. The home made mayonnaise was really spot on and the meat was nicely seasoned. Bacon was crisp too so all in all pretty darn good.

The staff and owners are the perfect bunch for such a restaurant. From the uniform mimicking a soccer jersey ( maybe it is an actual team's jersey and I just happen to not know nor care for soccer enough to recognize it ) to the jolly, "bon enfant" attitude the owners cracking jokes and pleasantries with the regulars which looks like there is a lot of, pretty open collar kind of place. There are more upscale items on the menu like different prime choices of steaks but it is not a place for a tie and gowns rendez-vous.

Bottom line : if you want to have a good time with bistro like great food and a beer or a drink and a good atmosphere this is one of the places for you on the island that is worth visiting and get a feel of. I would and will get back there again.

2  Thank doumdoum1976
Mick D, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

A near perfect review! :-). Thank you. Having spoken to you when you came to Monkeys I know you would have given a lot of thought as to what to write in this review. I have taken on board all your comments and advice. I am flattered and humbled by those comments but obviously very pleased. I look forward to you coming to eat at Monkeys again.