“Words cannot say enough...”
Review of ScubaDawgs

Never dived before - try diving with the ScubaDawgs
More Info
$83.78*
and up
Full Day Dive Adventure in National Marine Park Koh Rang including 2 Dives and...
Ranked #1 of 30 Tours in Ko Chang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scubadawgs is a European owned dive center situated on Koh Chang island in the Gulf of Thailand. We operate daily diving and snorkeling trips to the National Marine Park, the HTMS Chang wreck and local reefs around Koh Chang on our 3 well equipped boats. Scubadawgs offers the lowest prices for all PADI and RAID dive courses on Koh Chang without compromising safety or comfort.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What can I say.
I came to Scubadawgs in December to start my open water course having never dived (or even snorkeled before!) David my instructor was patient, and forgiving and I completed the course a confident and very happy diver.
So much so I decided to stay in Koh Chang longer to complete my Advanced course. The crew became like family and after a month away I missed the diving life and my new diving friends so I came back to complete my divemaster training. Scubadawgs got me hooked!
I have been diving here 4 months now and I'm still not bored with the dive sites, the food, or the people.
Everyday is a great day, the HTMS Chang Wreck is such a cool dive and never fails to blow me away and I'm still discovering new things at the coral sites everyday.

If that's not enough to convince you, it's also the cheapest on the island (which is why I came to you guys Thanks!)

There are newer reviews for ScubaDawgs

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed diving with this outfit in Feburary, I had emailed a few people before leaving for Thailand and ScubaDawgs was the one with the best responses so I went with them. I enjoyed my first day diving so much I went back for another a couple of days later.

I had not dived for over a year, so a dive-master took me aside and gave me a quick refresher, (at no added cost), at the start of the dive. He also kept a close eye on me for the rest of that dive which was good, as at one stage I started with the over-excited-fast-breathing routine that I unfortunately fall into when I have not dived for a while. He made eye contact and made sure I was breathing slow and steady before we kept going.

All the dive masters I encountered were good, and very focused of diver safety. The ones I interacted with had very good English: I know that sounds a bit Australian-o-centric, but I am terrible with foreign languages, and it can be a concern for me when diving in other countries, because I know I can't even pronounce 'Hello' in Thai so I have no chance of saying 'I think my BCD is a bit large'. The star of the dive masters was the vivacious Jack with some great stories of diving in the area and the sinking of the HTMS Chang.

There were also several divemasters with other languages for the people doing courses. On my first day diving there were a number of courses running, open water and advanced, possibly more, on the same boat. Despite this the boat never seemed crowded and there was plenty of deck space for he different groups to do their own thing.

The spacing in the water was good too, despite having several groups diving off the same boat, and often sharing sites with another boat or two I never got that too-crowded feeling you get when too many groups are trying to dive too small a site. My first dives were in the popular national park which was nice coral reef, a good site for large healthy hard corals.

My second dive was the HTMS Chang, and it was my first wreck dive, I just never got around to wrecks even though I have been diving since 1997. It blew me away, and now I see why people rave about wreck dives, so many schools of fish hanging over the wreck... The strange slightly eerie feel of the ship covered in encrusting bivalves... Photos and Videos do not do the experience justice.

I would dive with ScubaDawgs again and recommend them to all experienced divers going to Koh Chang. I would also consider them if I were planning future PADI certifications and If I did that would try to stay with them as well, though I didn't do so this time. I am not sure I would recommend either of the trips I did for people snorkelling only, my friend was snorkelling and had a good time but this is more of a dedicated dive boat.

Oh and I didn't mention the food did I? Lunch was great, coffee and tea always available and fresh fruit for afternoon snakes. The green curry with eggplant at lunch was one of the best I had in Thailand.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Before coming to Koh Chang, I did a lot of research regarding the various dive centres on Koh Chang & based on the replies that I received, I chose Scuba Dawgs & my decision was well vindicated after10 great dives with them. My thanks to Shaun, who provided me with so much information prior to my arrival. Jack the owner, boat master & instructor was also a great guy, who was always there for you. I would also like to thank my 2 dive-masters ( Lom & Bank), who led each of my dives & made each of the dives such a pleasurable experience. The wreck of the HTMS Chang is an awesome dive experience, especially when you descend/ascend the conning tower, as there is such a diverse range of marine life. The food on board is also very good for lunch. Finally I would also like to thank all of the members of the crew, who provide every diver with a great deal of help during the dive trip. 4 great days out diving - many thanks Scuba Dawgs for contributing to a another great holiday in Thailand.

1  Thank Barry W
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I first came to Koh Chang in October 2012 and booked a snorkeling trip with Scubadawgs. We went to the National Marine Park which was absolutely beautiful, stopping off at a beach for lunch. While on the boat I watched as others were diving & thought I would love to try it myself. The next day on the boat I did my first try dive. Everything was explained to me so well, my instructor was very clear & helpful & kept me calm, the nerves turned into excitement. It was the most breath taking experience ever. A few days later I started the Open Water course. My instructor Jack was professional, explained everything in detail & was very patient with me. He also joked, a lot, throughout the course making it less stressful learning all these new skills, which definitely made me more relaxed. On the boat the crew were organized & helpful, chatting with all the customers. When you ask them questions about diving they seem very passionate about it & seem to really enjoy the job. All the equipment on the boat was new & in great condition which was reassuring. Everyone is well catered for on the boat; drinks & refreshments & a massive lunch with a variety of Thai & Western food to choose from (also cater for vegetarians!) I was also picked up & dropped at my resort at no extra cost!
I returned to Koh Chang in October 2013 & started my advance course. I stayed at Cliff Cottage, (Scubadawgs dive resort) I found they were the cheapest on the island plus I had 2 nights free accommodation. Bonus! I continued to dive with the guys for the length of time I stayed. Diving with the other dive masters, Bank & Lom as well as instructors, Shaun, Jack, David & Alex. Each one of them made every dive special to me. They are fantastic at finding little hidden gems in the underwater world. Pointing out some beautiful & unusual sea life that you wouldn’t normally notice on your own. Plus finding the two turtles, Peter & Bob! The highlight of my time diving with Scubadawgs was the HTMS Chang Wreck, a definite must see when diving in Koh Chang. But the best day for me was when we saw & swam alongside a massive whale shark, most wonderful experience ever!
Much love & respect for these guys, awesome crew, 2 fantastic boats, excellent diving experience. Always brilliant fun on the boat and fab dive sites I would totally recommend Scubadawgs to everyone.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Like most Thai dive boats the Scuba Dawgs boat is a converted fishing boat. Nice and stable, wide on the beam and good facilities. Setting up there is a enough room without being too overcrowded and tanks are safely stowed in racks.The staff on the boat are well organised even if a little brusque at times but actually I prefer to see that as it reminds us all that our sport should always be approached safely.

The best aspect was the way that those managing the diving selected perfect sites to please all levels of divers and even these who had come to snorkel had good sessions thanks to sites chosen. Experienced divers really should not miss the wreck of the THMS Chang, although it has been sunk especially there is some excellent marine life in residence in particular some nice sized grouper and quite few pairs of batfish. Actually the visibility on the day was around 27 metres so of course that helps. Seemed to me that most of the equipment being used was pretty new which is encouraging and of course the food was also good, so actually I think this place could be recommended time and time again. Keep up the good work.............