“New Thai owners have ruined it !!!! I've done 5 detox with them”

THE SPA KOHCHANG RADIANCE RESTAURANT
Ranked #181 of 276 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Don't go, simple as that. I have done 5 detox with them an the first 4 were super, this last one, I was ready to go day 2 !! But stuck it out.. Their cost cutting has ruined the detox for starters, most of the staff left and the remainders truly don't seem happy.. I believe the Samui one is still owned by the original white guy and Thai wife,, so do that one as it's I believe still as great.. As for the shuttle to the airport this morning!! I just won't go into it, but I was totally stressed out because of it and have suffered all day because of it.. Never again greedy Thai owner!! It's just a business now not from a caring team as before!! Bye the spa at koh Chang!!!

3  Thank Tel01539445594

Reviewed March 20, 2014

PRobably the worst food I ever had in Thailand. Ok, I know that this restaurant speciality is vegetable and generally all vegetarian dish but god it was bad. My girlfriend and I ordered a Pad Thai Squid, a pan fried shrimps with onion and Tomato, a steam sweet and sour fish and 2 dessert. First, again I know the speciality is vegetarian, shrimps and squid were not good at all. Not because they did not cook it correctly but because it was frozen. I am myself a F&B consultant for 5 stars chain, and believe me those sea food were not fresh. Fish was ok.

Then, after such a bad meal, we decide to order dessert. And this was not only the worst dish I ever had in THailand, but in the world (please refer to the attached picture).
1- even if they offer about 12 selection on the menu we could only choice the cheese cake and the chocolate item.
2- Definitely bought in 7/11 or somewhere like that (packed in industrial portion).
3- Frozen. I don't mean they only keep it frozen and serve it to you prepared. No they serve it frozen like they don't cake about any presentation and/or taste. I invite anybody reading this review to try a frozen cheese cake……. disgusting.

Finally, the service. None existent.
1- You have to stand up in order you get any thing for the waiting staff.
2- A kid was watching TV with high volume and no music to cover it.
3- Never check on satisfaction even if my plates were 70% full.
4- at 9.15 p.m. they already start to switch off light and brought me the check when I did not even asked for it….. for me this is a way for the waiting staff to say: "Pay and leave as I don't want to finish too late today".

What a terrible experience.

1  Thank Roger C
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was very exciting at visiting this restaurant with such an outstanding selection of vegetarian food, but after 3 visits overall throughout our holiday we came away feeling very disappointed. The actual food on each occasion was tasty, but the really disappointing thing was the service - or lack of it.
The first time we visited for breakfast service was very slow, especially for the oatmeal which the staff admitting to having problems making as no one there actually knew how to make it! The second time for lunch was ok, but again food was very slow and service a little sullen. Our third trip for dinner was a total disaster and we came away laughing at how ridiculous the situation became. We were visiting in low season and each time we ate in the restaurant we were essentially the only guests there. I understand that in low season some dishes may be unavailable, but on this particular evening it felt like EVERYTHING was unavailable, and actually it seemed like it was unavailable because the staff just couldn't be bothered to make it! After ordering we found that the entire raw foods section of the menu was off limits, as were the next 5 dishes we tried to pick - it became laughable. In the end when our food arrived it wasn't even what we had ordered - it seemed like it was just something they had available and that would do! When we ordered desserts, 2 to takeaway and 1 to eat in, our friend was told when served her dessert that the restaurant closed in 2 minutes by the waitress who had started off the evening moody and rude and ended it by becoming just unbearable.
I cannot believe that in a restaurant like this at such a 'premium' resort that firstly the staff would speak so little English that it was difficult to not only order from them but converse with them when something was wrong, and secondly their attitude would be so outrageously rude and they would behave so badly to paying customers.
I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone - unless you would like to experience a masterclass in poor service and moody waitressing!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have eaten at The Spa many times but not during low season before.

Though very quiet the food was excellent,the smoothies are fantastic and the service very good

The restaurant is very Thai ,lots of wood .the toilets are very nice and were very clean(not always the case in Thailand)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

If you like organic food, vegan food, raw food .. this restaurant is a must! Go there for a whole day to enjoy the wonderful resort!!