See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Room was £6 a night for twin so was super cheap. Hot shower and clean towels daily! Really lovely staff and dogs and about 1-2 mins walk from great food stalls and the beach. Absolutely would stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were travelling Thailand so were abit low on funds by the time we got to Koh Chang so we were looking for budget accommodation , after reading the reviews for Island Lodge we couldn't believe our luck to find this little gem for such a good price!
Lesson learnt...if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. We booked a standard cabin with a fan as we didn't expect to be spending much time in the room anyway,we just wanted somewhere clean to sleep.
We were greeted at check in by two Thai ladies and the one helped us up steps with our bags to our room...oh my gosh!!! The double bed was on the floor,yes in the floor,there wasn't enough room to stand with your arms stretched out either side let alone another person in the room aswel,the bathroom was like a dungeon and there seemed to be someone already living there...a frog. The bed was like concrete an the fan useless,the curtains were dirty and sticky,I understand that you get what you pay for but this for me was abit too much. It wasn't long before we asked for an upgrade. We moved to a room up about 4flights of stairs with air con,an actual bad and amazing views ! Perfect ! Although u couldn't sit out and enjoy the views from the fantastic balcony because the patio furniture was filthy! Again bed was solid but we have realised that this seems to e the norm around Thailand anyway. Again more lodgers in the room,this time lizards but you are in the rainforest I suppose so decided to grin and bare it. As is know on Thailand your used toilet tissue is to be put in the bin and not flushed which is fine but why then do they not clean the rooms for 3days!! Meaning you have a bin full of used toilet tissue in the room for 3days,not hygienic. We didn't see any staff after the first day. In fact we had actually started to move our stuff to the new room before officially upgrading because there were no staff around. I don't know wether because it was low season then this was the norm (+we seemed to be the only people dull enough to stay there) We stayed 3nites paying $600a nite until we saw sense and moved to a fantastic place on the island for $650 per night,still a bargain! I understand that you get what you pay for and wasn't expecting anything fantastic just clean rooms and I maybe could have stayed.

Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank CLJLPE
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I have loved it here and I would recommend this 100%! It's so peaceful and located in a quiet area with no disturbances.

Fantastic if you're on a budget! I stayed in a bungalow with a fan 600 baht per night (i think this was high season???) It contained a double bed and a bathroom with excellent access to wifi and hot water.

The rooms are cleaned every 2-3 days with clean towels and sheets.

The rooms are basic but in a place like Koh Chang it's unlikely you will stay in the room all day...unless it rains therefore sit in the dinning area and have a beer, read a book!

I would like to thank you personally for making my relaxing holiday just excellent. Tonight is my last night here and I wish I had longer!

A simple 5 minute walk to the beach and main street...excellent to burn off all those beers at the end of the night! The hill is a bit steep but you get used to it!

I have stayed here for 11 nights and I am very sad to leave.

Graham is very friendly along with the other staff, he was very helpful and patient prior to my arrival and tried to help me all he could when booking my room.

A huge thankyou to you and I will hope to return soon!

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed January 18, 2013

stayed here from the 15/12/2012 to 26/12/2012 found it to be nice the room was very clean and the staff and owners were both very friendly and very helpful
stayed in a fan cooled room which was very comfortable
i would stay here again it was a good experience
the food was very nice and the prices very reasonable
you have to walk up abit of a hill off the main road but it was worth the walk
found it very easily and it was nice to be away from all the noise of the main town

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We ended up here when our booked accommodation wasn't up to scratch (Cliff Cottage) and managed to get two big rooms - one double, one family for the same price of one double room at the other location - with just a little bit of haggling.

The family room was very large with two double beds, a large fridge & a small but functional toilet/ wet room. The double was a fair bit smaller & suffered from a tiled bed frame but was comfortable enough.

Location wise you're up a quiet back alley from the main street but only 5 minutes walk from the beach and main drag. The staff are very friendly and a good value restaurant is available for breakfast & dinner. You can also organise tours and car & scooter rental though its worth shopping about at the multitude of tourist information spots for value.

Rooms are thoroughly cleaned every second day and our initial worry about the lack of a safe proved unfounded as the occasions we forgot to pack valuables into the bottom of a bag saw items left where they put or tidied away carefully. The only risk is that other guests might jump balconies and let themselves into the sliding doors if you don't lock them.

Very good value, friendly staff & a good laundry service. We'd definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2013