“Favorite restaurant on Koh Chang”
Review of Emperor Of India

Emperor Of India
Ranked #54 of 247 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I consider myself a healthy eater. Not a picky eater -- but a healthy eater. If I don't eat well, I don't feel good... but if I don't have a choice, I'll still eat whatever's available.

Around Koh Chang, it seems your options are generally limited to Thai (which means fairly heavy on oils and frying) or European (which means pizza, pasta, or burgers). And that's what I was limited to my first few days here.

Until I discovered Emperor Of India.

Emperor Of India has been my savior the past few days. Probably the cleanest food I've found in a restaurant in Koh Chang so far, and some of the most delicious.

I regret not staying on this island longer for the chance to go through more of their menu.

The couple that runs the place are extremely nice, and cook the food fresh right after you order it. It may take a little bit of time for it to arrive, but it'll be completely worth it. Eat here if your stomach needs a break from Koh Chang (and Kai Bae's) Thai and European food! (My go-to combination is a plate of the mixed vegetables, and a plate of the chicken tikka masala. Perfect meal.)

The only con I can think of is that it's a tiny bit pricier than other food in the area. But for the quality, I am more than happy to pay for it.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have been visiting the restaurant many times, and this is for sure one of the best Indian restaurant ever.
The sweet north Indian couple is so nice. They prepare the food you want, the way you want, then and there. Of course this is not the place if you are looking for a quick meal. The preparation will last a little while.
The new place where they moved into recently is much nicer than the previous one. If you are in Koh Chang and you miss this restaurant, you are missing a gem

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went to the Emperor Of India the other day after reading the good reviews on TA. Ordered a Chicken Rogan josh and a butter naan. Rogan josh was more like a soup than a curry, and not much taste at all! Butter naan still had a lump of butter melting on it when it was served. I was the only customer in the restaurant and the Indian couple looked well after me. Maybe I was just unlucky the day I went, because I was seriously disappointed when I left. Maybe have to give them a second try another day?

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Emperor of India Koh Chang is located on Kai bae beach, just opposite the Kai bae walking street.
It's a v humble structure owned by an equally humble north Indian couple.
We being Indian vegeterians always have a difficult time to find food that suits our palate. Also my husband is not a great fan of Thai food.
Hence finding good food becomes a task.
Thailand still has a variety of Indian food usually but we were not v sure about Koh Chang.
But this little gem that we found here made our holiday the best ever.
I had read about this place thanks to another tripadvisor members review was keen on trying it..
So the eve we reached we went looking for the restaurant.
It has a good variety of veg as well as non veg food, north Indian mostly.
But one bite and you just know that it's been cooked from the heart with great love and dedication.
We managed to taste almost everything on the veg menu, as we would visit the place everyday, for lunch as well as dinner.
Had it been any other restaurant we would have been bored, but not here.
Everything tastes different, and it's the spices that matter.
Small details like black sesame seeds on the naan are taken care of.
The couple always have a smile while serving you..and it's just them..no other staff.
We could go back to Koh Chang just to have that food again!!!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a great Indian restaurant here in Ko Chang with authentic Northern Indian food that rates with some of the best I have eaten. I visited over half a dozen Indian restaurants in Bangkok and none of them come close to the quality of the Emperor of India. Their Dhal is a must eat for Dhal lovers and their service is friendly. The mood is good as there was Indian music coming from the TV as it can be annoying at other Indian restaurants when they play Thai music or English music. I rate them as good or better than any restaurant I have tried in Delhi and I think they are equal to the 5 star Indian restaurant Gaylords of India from New York City. Will eat there every time I visit Ko Chang. Do not miss this restaurant----it is 5 stars in my opinion.