Lowest prices for your stay
$23
Hotels.com
$23
FindHotel
$13
CheapTickets$23
Travelocity$23
Orbitz.com$23
All reviews bars and restaurants fridge sunbeds accommodation beach
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in 2 different beachside bungalows. The first one only had a double bed but they said they would supply a mattress for one. The mattress was really only a thin duvet which my daughter in law and baby slept on. We changed on the 3rd night to a 2 double bedroomed beachside bungalow.
The location is wonderful with the sea right in front of you. There is no actual beach but the pool is also right beside the sea.
The pool had a lot of bugs floating on the surface and we felt it could have been better maintained. The sun beds were wide and comfy but once again they could do with renewing as they were dirty and stained.
The accommodation was reasonable but really it was all about the location.
The breakfast was a little disappointing and the food wasn't covered so we didn't eat it as we could see flies on some pastries. The woman had a fan and would shoo them away. I'm sure covers wouldn't cost the earth.
The restaurant SALT was reasonably priced and had a pool table. It was very quiet when we were there.
It was only a short walk up to the shops and bars.
All in all we would come back for the location and peace. The views were fab.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in a sea view room and it was really worth it. Fantastic view. The service from the staff was good. The breakfast is a buffet and has a good few options and is nice. The only thing letting it down was that the room could do with an update. Looked a bit shabby and the bathroom had a leaking sink and was definitely in need of a refurb. Otherwise a good place to stay.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

.. Probably could use some renovating.
Room: Big with the stuff you often see in Hotel rooms, TV, safe, fridge, closet, all clean, no bugs, although I had a gecko buddy in the room when moving in, he was nice so I started calling him Jerry, Jerry was gone the next day however. Reading others review it seems people find the bed to hard, I did not feel that way but I'm quite used to "not-so-soft" beds. Now the bathroom is where you start to feel that the place needs a little do-over, old seat on the toilet, barely any hot water, broken mirror etc, it could be a lot worse though.

Area: Quiet part of town, on one side a cozy blue stream with small boats bobbing in the water (when they took off however it sounded like a really powerful lawnmover) and with real Thai bungalows across. On the other side you have an spectacular scene over the ocean. Pool is big but unfortunately full with screaming kids and Russians (just kidding) (well, kind of) the pool bar had ice cream, big thumbs up! 2 min walk and you'll smack in the middle of that place with restaurants and shops.

Staff and stuff: It was a bit hard to get some smiles out of the staff but I hate my job too so I won't hold it against them. The manager lady knew what she was doing and I had no communication problems whatsoever. Breakfast was the copy+paste breakfast you get all over Koh Chang, that's not necessarily a bad thing, I just wish the warm food could be a bit warmer. They have atleast 2 separate routers for WiFi, one for the houses and one for the pool, speed was good and I even managed to stream a couple of videos.

Pro-tips: It's possible to rent a scooter from the hotel for 200 bath/day. The room was cleaned every day around 14. The AC can be adjusted to run quietly, yeah, big news right? But I slept trough the first night in the hellish roar of the full speed fans and want to make sure no one else does the same.

Overall I'm happy with my 2 day stay, I would have extended it if it weren't for the prices suddenly rising, come to think of it I never asked the staff about it but this was according to a booking site. I recommend this place if chilling out near shops and restaurants is your priority.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ardorl
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Coral Resort is beautifully situated right by the ocean and the busy street of Kai Bae is just a short walk away. We were very well received by the staff and was at first pleasantly surprised by our room. We had a very nice view of the nearby canal from the rooms patio.

The room in itself was very small. The bed was VERY firm and my girlfriend even got bruises on her hips. We both got back pains during our stay. The bathroom had a broken toilet seat and there were no shower curtain so the water sprayed everywhere when you showered. The room was cleaned every day.

The pool area was nice and clean. The pool was pretty big and had a nice view of the ocean and nearby small islands. The sunchairs was comfortable.

The breakfast was pretty basic. There's an egg station where you chose what kinds of egg you want and then there's some bread, vegetables, fruit, juice, coffee/tea and some basic thai food.

+ View, most rooms either have view of the ocean or the canal. There are some rooms with garden view.

+ Pool, the pool was cleaned daily and the pool area was tidy

+ Staff, very nice and helpful staff though there can be a bit of a language barrier as they're not very good at English

- Breakfast, basic and dull

- Room, felt small and are in need of renovation, the bathroom especially

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lidstrom
Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I brought my senior parents to Koh Chang, Coral Resort. This was more than we could have hoped for. It was quite a lovely place for our family. We plan on coming back. The staff were so helpful. Especially caring for my elderly parents, their service was impeccable. My husband had to work while on our two week vacation. He was able to bill his clients using their high speed internet. Also, if you want to spend your precious time watching T.V they have CNN and some European channels. However there was so much to do, we did not have time to watch TV. We were able to give my parents a much needed, relaxing, vacation. We have vacationed in Chang Mai, Koh Phi Phi, KohTao, Koh Lanta along with South American and Caribbean islands . This by far was our favorite. If you like to party with strip bars and carry on all night, this is not the place for you. You will probably like Koh Phi Phi, not Koh Chang.

Date of stay: December 2016