“Really good food and very entertaining personnel”

Invito Al Cibo Italian & Thai Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 248 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: European, Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Invito al Cibo is founded in 2010 by the executive chef of Invito Italian Restaurant, former number one restaurant on Koh Chang. Invito serves you the finest Thai and Italian dishes in a great ambiance and a spectacular view 20 meter above sea-level. Invito is located in the centre of White sand near Keereele resort inside Koh Chang hut Hotel. A great location for a romantic evening or a intimate party with friends.
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow, you don't expect good foreign food on koh chang, but go to this place. Very friendly family/personnel, the chef is a hoot and knows his italian. The view is great, it's very clean and neat, and it's got style.

1  Thank von_eschenstein
MAI P, Owner at Invito Al Cibo Italian & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

i want to say thank you for come to visit us and thanks you very much that you take the best time to review.
i really hope to see you come visit Koh chang again
Yano

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I visited this restaurant with two friends and we nearly didn't go in because the sign was so unappealing but the schlep up the steps and down the path was definitely worth it. We were the only table in for lunch so we had a beautiful and uninterrupted view.
Our drinks (two of them fresh juices) took quite a long time to arrive but otherwise the service was good. The food was tasty and fresh, with a big pizza and quite authentic pasta. Our bill was approx 1800 Baht, quite expensive, but we did have the antipasti platter to start so this bumped the price up.
I would go back.

MAI P, Owner at Invito Al Cibo Italian & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

I want to say thank you very mach. that you take the best time to review
I really hope to see you come to visit me again next time

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

beautiful place and seaview. delicious italian food, very nice stuff. recommend to visit. amazing deserts, good wine. everything is on the high level.

MAI P, Owner at Invito Al Cibo Italian & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

hi I want to say thank you very much that you take the best time to review .
and i really hope to see you come visit here again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I visited this restaurant last week with the family. Being half Italian and having lived and schooled in Italy, for a number of years, I was curious.

My brother in law (Thai) is a self taught cook of an extremely high standard. This was going to be interesting, to say the least.

It started by being greeted road side by a young man whose English is extremely good. He guided us up the stairs and to this remarkably well placed restaurant, with views to kill for. We settled in and the restaurant was not busy.

Prior to the mains, I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and my wife ordered a Mai Thai. These were excellently prepared by one of the owners. My brother in law enjoyed his Thai beer.

For starters we had some garlic bread and bruschetta, with a mixed plate of cheese. These were followed with Spaghetti Bolognese con Polpette, Spaghetti alla Carbonara, two pizzas, a crab dish (Thai), a whole fish dish (Thai), fried rice with prawns (Thai) and Thai Glass noodle salad.

We had an opportunity to speak with the Owner and he quite clearly was extremely passionate about the restaurant, so much so that he explained they had relocated the entire kitchen, from downstairs to upstairs, such that they could more efficiently service clientele in a timely manner.

Who ever these guys are, they are very serious about what they are doing and it shows. This restaurant is Gold.

The restaurant is beautifully adorned, not over the top and the staff were attentive, polite and very responsive.

The food was exceptionally well presented and I must say an absolute delight. The Carbonara was simply superb, the pizzas were just beautiful, on a thin crispy base, not overdone with toppings and the taste was sensational.

The Bolognese con Polpette was very well done and the only comment I had was that the polpette were just a fraction 'loose', they melted in my mouth, whereas I was more used to polpette that needed a bit of a bite. This is essentially something of personal preference.

In respect to the Thai food, I'm not sure how to describe it. I have quite honestly never seen my brother in law (Khun Somjit) eat so much and that is the absolute truth. In the time that we have been here, we've been to dinner with the family around 4 times prior to this and Somjit has been scathing. Despite me paying for the meals, he didn't spare my feelings when it came to rating the meals. So I was of no doubt that his thumbs up for the Thai side of the meal was an endorsement of the highest order. He knows his food (Thai), including tastes, textures, balances etc.

The only other comment I would have is that in an effort to present us with the Italian meals at the same time, there was a time lag which almost bordered on too long. I would have preferred a staggered presentation with the spaghetti's first and then the pizzas.

Would I recommend this restaurant? Absolutely I would and I do.

For four adults and a 9 year old, with beers, cocktails, water and food it was just over 3,200 Baht. I thought they had made a mistake with the bill. The value for money was exceptional.

I am writing this not only because I found this place to be superb, but because I know the owners read these reviews, they are committed to continual improvement and aiming for the stars. In this regard, they have definitely left the earth and are on their way.

One last comment would be for the Owners to relax, trust in the process, you have a fine restaurant with simply superb food at exceptional prices. People that truly want very good Italian food will find you. Good luck.

To all others, good eating, safe travels and keep smiling.

We will be back, there's absolutely no question about it.

hi PIMNOY I want to say thank you very much for your review and we really hope to see you come visit here again.
good luck to you
from me Yano

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A beautiful restaurant at Ko Chang - white sand beach. Good italian food. Good service provided.
The view is marvelous.
Don't miss this place.

hi I want to say thank you very much that you take the best time to review ,
and really hope to see you come visit here again.
from me Yano