Baan Ton Rak Boutique Resort
$103
$71
$62
Agoda.com
Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$117
$87
$122
$99
Agoda.com
Kacha Resort & Spa, Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$184
$246
$56
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$95
$81
$203
$152
Travelocity
Klong Prao Resort Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$43
$41
All reviewsmini barexplore the islandbeautiful islandother gueststhai foodheinzanjamotorbikebeachestaxikohosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I can't quite believe I'm writing this but when we told the owners, at 9.30am, that we'd like to check out two days early they threatened to call the police and have us thrown off the island... I have never been treated like that anywhere.
The reason we wanted to check out is that, although the hotel is very well put together, with nice room fittings and an amazing shower, the location means that its a 100baht taxi ride from the nightlife that we were looking for and the surrounding area seems abandoned and messy. Also, once we checked out other accomodation options, we realised that 1400baht a night was quite pricey for the area. So we decided to check out after one night at Baan Ton Rak, as someone in a previous review did as well, however the owners demanded that we pay another 1400baht to recompense them. They threatened to call the tourist police and have us thrown off the island when we refused. I appreciate that it must be difficult when guests check out early, which is income they were depending on, but I think that is the risk you run owning a guesthouse and that there are ways of handling such a situation in a way that doesn't turn threatening and aggressive.
I am not posting this review to be deliberately vindicative, but because I think the owners need to have a bit of a think about how they handle guests in the future. I'm hoping we just caught them on a bad day but if they are so desperate for income that they resort to this sort of behaviour then they perhaps need to reconsider their business.

• Stayed: December 2012
11  Thank clarkerosie83
rakpearlbeach, Owner at Baan Ton Rak Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Sorry this is really not worth to comment every hotel in the world will charge you. if you are booking 3 nights you have to pay 3 nights it is also not worth to ask tripadvisor to delete this comment we wish miss clarke and mr tolley a nice holiday in ANOTHER Hotel

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Baan Ton Rak it's a really wonderful place. Only 6 spacious rooms provide privacy, quiet and kind of comfort. Amazing and stylish decor will be made in the memory forever. Owners are very friendly, helpful and after few days you can treat them as a friend.I am very happy that I could meet them! They have delicious breakfast, perfect cup of coffee, fresh sausage and bread at the European level. There is no problem to walking to White Sand Beach - there is only 10-15 minutes road - of course there is no problem to take a taxi or motorbike also. I recommend this place to everyone who looks for peaceful and relaxing stay - ask for a massage at the hotel, it was really really amazing!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Monikaz82
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Half a year has passed, since our last visit here. Much has happened since. With great attention to detail, the new owners have personally overseen every detail of this place. The rooms were quite nice before, but if you see them now, you will be surprised too. Neat decorations blend in so well with the lush tropical garden outside. The breakfast area has been remodelled and equipped with cozy furniture, the breakfast itself is worth the little surcharge for it and the few rooms they have will sure go fast in high season.

The owner couple (Dutch/German) is perfectly multilingual and dedicates time to each guest, if you have questions about Koh Chang. Their fleet of rental scooters is well maintained and rents are cheap. This covers for a location not directly at the beach, because it opens up at least three different mile-long beaches within a 5 minute distance from Baan Ton Rak.

Their bathrooms are outstanding and in a class of their own! We extended our planned stay and will return again. Make sure to book early, as their few rooms go fast.
They are very kid-friendly at this resort! Our youngster loved it there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank abstinent
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Baan Ton Rak and great place to relax and the couple that own the place Heinz and Anja are so helpful its unbeliveable, there is so much to do around the area as well, you can hire a motobike from them as well and cruise around at your own time, Baan ton rak is a credit to Koh Chang, Heinz and Anja they have done so well looking after the place ! as soon as you walk into the place you feel like it is home but in a different country, Thanks for my stay will defo be back again!!!! Jez Hibberd / London - England.

Room Tip: All rooms are really nice and clean and really looked after.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a lovely place! Great hosts (Anja and Heinz). They gave me and my friend very valuable tips on do's and dont's. Only six lovely rooms. If you are into small friendly boutique resorts, this is your place. Great breakfast. Spaceous and very decorative rooms. Very clean! And a great location. They rent ou scooters for only 150,- Baht per day and you're next door to the local action eventhough the resort itself is very tranquil. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends