“Authentic Mexican!”
Review of Barrio Bonito

Barrio Bonito
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Nice restaurant with beautiful terrasse, modern Mexican decoration, authentic cuisine prepared by a Mexican chef, nice imported tequila list and signatures cocktails...
Ao Nang, Thailand
“Authentic Mexican!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Who would have thought you would find this gem in a place like Koh Chang?

Authentic, cheap and tasty Mexican food! Always fresh and served with a smile. Excellent French owner with his Mexican wife makes every visit a true pleasure.

Next time I go to Koh Chang I will stop by again!

Visited December 2013
jubarrio, Owner at Barrio Bonito, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reviews, we wait for your next trip around to make you discover more dishes!!! See you soon

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A-mazing food. Delicious”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice. My friend said 'oh look a
mexican place lets eat there' My face dropped in dismay as I'm not a lover if mexican food. Anyway I asked the owners to 'surprise me'!

OMG! A dish was aerved I can't remember the name but it was sizzling beef and tortillas it was mouth watering, so tasty. I really recommend this place nice vibe, excellant hosts and they are
really helpful if you want to know something.

See you next year guys xx

• Visited December 2013
jubarrio, Owner at Barrio Bonito, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reviews, we appreciated it a lot.
You'll be always welcome, see you soon.
Hasta luego!!!
Toronto, Canada
“La Cucharacha!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Delicious food, a cozy atmosphere and wonderful hosts—what more can you ask for? My girlfriend and I spent an amazing evening here and we've been talking about it ever since. The owners Julian and Madalana (sorry about the spelling!) kept us entertained from the moment we walked in, and an "early dinner" ended up lasting about six hours. Mexican wrestling masks came out, drinking games were plentiful, and their specialty shot "La Cuchuracha" featured prominently throughout. All in all, it was one of the best nights we had anywhere in Thailand. Not to be missed!

• Visited December 2013
jubarrio, Owner at Barrio Bonito, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thanks a lot for your review, it was a real pleasure to meet you too!!!
We hope everything is ok for you and really hope to see you on your next trip...
Take care, hasta luego!!!
“Yummy Mexican food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love Mexican food and it is very good here. In fact I would only eat here or little Eden on all of Ko chang

Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice mexican food”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very friendly hosts , nice mexican food , nice ambiance and excellent drinks!!! Got to try the margaritas!!!!!!

Visited March 2013