Lowest prices for your stay
$12
$12
Agoda.com
$10
Priceline$12
Travelocity$12
Hotels.com$12
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at Gu's Bay with our 2 children of 8 and 13 and had a great time. We had a basic room with a fan but this was good enough to cool off the room at night. The rooms are basic but clean and showers work with warm water. Min was the bed which was very hard and you could feel the springs coming through. There was only a small silk blanket to cover us up. The location is really good with a big open grass area giving you the best views all day. The pool is clean and the food is good at a fair price. The big plus here is the staff. Really easy and helpful. Trust them on their trips. They are cheap and good. If they are going somewhere you can jump in with them for free. This is not a luxury hotel but you get nice clean rooms with pool and the best atmosphere around! Beach you do not need as besides Nature Beach is all rocks here. Great for swimming but nothing else. Bailan is only 1,5km from lonely beach but road is so small and curvy that it is not safe to walk, espicially at night. Taxi should not charge more then 50bht pp or hire a motorbike for 150bht per day. With the cheap room at Gu Bay you can still afford a motorbike but our not in the noisy Lonely Beach. Best beach is Nature Beach.

Room tip: Basic rooms is sufficient. Airco is only needed if you need to stay in the room during the day. At night the fan is enough to cool you down. All rooms have same easy access to pool and restaurant.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank patrick l
Reviewed December 27, 2012

.......As last year I visited my brother in Thailand.This time on Koh Chang, Trat Province..
No reservation made as it was at the beginning of the rainseason my brother new a nice place just 5 minutes away (by motorbike) from his restaurant.
I was tired after a long journey and a "short visit" at my brother's place till 5 AM.....I woke up next morning and the view over Gu's Bay when I opened my door of my little bungalow was able to keep me silent for quite a while........simply amazing.
Gu's Bay in short: Warm welcome of the staff from the first till the last day.
Traveller's should take a break here and relax.So peaceful and such a kind people you will feel at home very quick.Nice meals are served through the whole day.At a nice terrace or inside in the shade and softly humming fan.
I had the most wonderful holiday ever and it made me emotional somehow.The island as well has a lot of nice places.When you return to Gu's Bay after a hang out at the beach or bar in Lonely Beach it felt like I 'm going to my place.
It;s basic but in line with everything.No BKK kind of bars if you might be looking for that.If you don't want to hear the music till morning late 10 steps away from your door and enjoy the beautiful garden and super clean swimming pool with hammocks around then you're at the right place.Want to have some more action: rent your scooter/motorbike at Gu's Bay or just around the corner and go to Lonely Beache's all sorts of Bars and Restaurants.
I made a lot of friends there from all around the globe and will certainly return what ever it may take.......I had my wake-up call there at Gu's Bay
I fell for Koh Chang and of course there will be more places to stay but I had the pleasant experience of Gu's Bay which I can recommend for back packers,travellers,and young families.Choice in rooms with or without A.C.(fan instead).Small bath room with hot water.comfortable bed.........what more do you need when your world is just outside.

Room tip: Last room (2 persons) closest to the Tattoo Studio of Nishapat is very quiet and has just a fan.Basic but who cares when you're enjoying at the beaches. Nice view over Gu's Bay but that is basically with all of them.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank buonviaggio66
Reviewed October 16, 2012

After becoming friends with the owner on my previous visit to koh chang he invited us to go and stay at his new resort. We booked a couple of nights there and it was amazing. Very peaceful! Absolute paradise!

Rooms only basic but where arent in koh chang. But are very artistic and original with wall art. Pool area very clean, no beach but you didnt need it. You had sunbeds, hammocks, beer, nice food and sunshine!

If you looking for peace through the day but partying on a night time then the staff will take anyone wanting to party down the locals bars. You will be well looked after at this resort!

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Really lovely place, it's right on the beach, but it does not have a sandy beach...it has grass, which i thought is even better!! from the outside the bungalows have beautiful colors, and from the inside they have a very captivating design: modern with an artsy twist. The swimming pool is very clean, and the manager will drive you wherever you need. You can dine or have a drink at the bar/restaurant. The atmosphere is super laid back, this could really be the closest you can get to heaven...

Date of stay: October 2011
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank H0meles5
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Chill-out central. Come here for hammocks, delicious food, fun people, and giant buckets of booze. Remove any preconceived ideas of white sandy beaches; they don't have them. But the rocky beach Gu's overlooks and the laidback atmosphere of this place can't be replicated.

A typical day: wake up whenever, time means nothing here, and drop into the restaurant for some pad thai and iced coffee. Look out at the ocean and read in a hammock as the day heats up. Head out to the waterfalls or another short trip, come back to Gu's for dinner and start drinking until a group forms and they invite you to take the Gu's party bus over to the bars. Go with them. Know you're being taken care of by Sam and crew, and let loose.

One small setback: On a tropical island like Koh Chang, you can't get away from seeing a cockroach at night. We later stayed at a 4-star place and still saw one. But since our bungalow at Gu's had an open-air bathroom, we had a lot of ants crawling on the toilet at night. A quick hose down fixed it every time, but a little warning from a fellow TripAdvisor would have been nice!

Room tip: Private bungalows worth the money.
Date of stay: July 2012