“into the Blue (Lagoon) in peace & rains.”
Review of Blue Lagoon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Blue Lagoon
Bangkok, Thailand
“into the Blue (Lagoon) in peace & rains.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

So, Thanks all The Blue's family for a nice & cool moment of us in your peaceful place onece again, i back to Kohchang one reason was to experience your place as a guest in bungalow that i met all you guy by the beach & also the foods in your restorant still great for us for Bangkok people, one in favorite bowl is 'Kao soi' & Kao-pad Saparod' that testy not far from my reccomment restorant in BKK so love eat is alway exiting to found you last year all best wish for you all in your business, your easy life, your health & happiness. keep your banana smile on all your face with me my heart :-). for the place, for me. i love to walk in your garden lot of herb i never know & i never seen before inspirired me. for example a Ginger that i have plant in my back yard garden now i learn that now form your Ginger family our country is very rich ecosystem, 9 virities of ginger you shared to me made my path to back to you & sould know that 'Blue Lagoon' you are not far fron my little banana by side of papaya & native chilli from hill top of remote Chiangmai :-) THNX ;-) Earth care.

Room Tip: So, we love to rest by the garden Just remember that the aircon bungalow (but we realy not open it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ccxxttx

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cardiff, UK
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I cannot identify with the negative reviews below. We had a beautiful lagoon-side bungalow, and waking up to the sound of the cicadas, with the sun drifting in through the veils, was one of the most peaceful experiences of our whole trip. Blue Lagoon is not a good choice for those looking to pay big bucks for an austere luxury room but, if you're looking for something unique and memorable, I can't recommend it enough. The whole place has an eccentric cobbled-together feel, with hand-painted signposts and nailed-together walkways and bridges (I thought of Steve Zissou the whole time I was here). People in the share-taxi seemed intrigued and jealous whenever we were dropped off.

The cafe offers some of the best food we ate on Koh Chang - someone mean-spirited might call the service slow, but 'relaxed' is a much more appropriate adjective for Koh Chang. The seafood tempura and pineapple rice were well worth the wait, as was the mango lassi, which is the best I've ever tasted. On a practical level, Blue Lagoon is also a good base for a stay on Koh Chang, being 2-3 mins walk from both Klong Prao beach and the town, and having its own travel office to plan onward journeys etc.

Highly recommended (and tons of character make it an ideal pairing with Phra-Nakorn Nornlen boutique hotel in Bangkok, if you're travelling down from there).

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David F
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Just finished this course today. Ya, the 'teacher' is extremely knowledgeable about Thai ingredients and cooking methods. The instruction went above our expectations with information on different herbs used in Thai cooking, their health benefits, and information about Thai culture. I would definately recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn about Thai food, cooking and preparation. I recommend the Seabass in Tamarind sauce and Pad Thai! As an added bonus, Ya gives you your own Thai food book (written by her) containing most recipes and information on the different essential ingredients for Thai cooking as well as helpful hints for substitutions when you head back west :-)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank C F
Trat, Thailand
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Great place, such lovely staff and amazing atmosphere, clean room with nice view on the lagoon...the beach is 5 min walk away and now the restaurant open it adds a touch of greatness to this place.What is also a bonus is the where it is situated, you get the advantage of being in a quite and calm place right next to the amazing beach of Klong Prao (probably the nicest beach on the west coast), but you are also situated close to all you need...
I would quite easily say its one of the best places on the island... and I would also add as a solo traveler, that you could never feel lonely with such adorable staff .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Orleans, France
Reviewed December 29, 2011

we were there with my gf and had a great experience !! we were searching for something authentic, quiet and not too much commercial agressive and after some nights in Bailan or lonely beach, we finally found this place wich was really different from everywhere else...it look like a familly warm place, same as 10 years ago everywhere in Thailand...Nature is nice, lagoon is wonderfull, beach is as we love it to be. But the best is to share the life of the people there, really meet them, cook with them, eat and speack, they are funny and full energie. bungallows is ok, we don't need more and they say it will be more original soon so we just want to come back as soon as possible to enjoy blue lagoon life !!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tours, France
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I just come back from Thaïland. I spent one week in Koh Chang, in Blue lagoon.
It is the most quiet and welcoming resort I have visited during my trip.
Staff is always full of attention for customers, you can ask all you want!! Bungalows are located at 200 metres of the beach, so it's always peaceful and, the most important, shaded, in a little forest, so it's never too warm. Moreover the direction has just changed and they are just renovating all the bungalows.
My only regret was that the restaurant, wich is so beautiful and romantic, was closed. But it will soon open!!! It was not really a problem because you can eat ont the beach after 2 minutes of walk, but the place is so beautiful that I would have wanted to eat there with my husband!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aurelbe
Ko Chang, Thailand
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My girlfriend and I spent 5 nights in a waterfront bungalow and we loved our experienced there. Since our arrival the staff has been absolutely lovely, sharing tips and stories about Koh Chang always with a big smile on. The site is about 300 meters from Koh Chang Road, which makes it the most quiet ideal location on the island, trees all around you, a few steps down to the lagoon and the beach. We also tried their Thai Cooking school and we had fun and learned properly some of our favorite Thai dishes that we can now try at home! Our week ended with a BBQ organized by the resort, where everyone was invited to join, residents, staff, management but even their Thai and expat friends living on Koh Chang. Such a nice atmosphere, i don't think we've ever felt that good in our 3 months-holiday in South-East Asia. We really recommend it and we'll come back very soon !

Room Tip: Try the bungalows in front of the lagoon, it's only a few dollars more but when you wake up in t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple