“Fantastic way to improve your skills in sea-kayaking”

Kayak Chang Day Tours
Vodskov, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to improve your skills in sea-kayaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is the second year I had a chance to improve my skills in sea-kayaking on Koh Chang, Thailand, and doing it by using the company Kayak Chang, situated on the Amari Hotel, Koh Chang. I use these 1-2 hours lessons to be better, so that I can enjoy sea-kayaking more when I am back in Denmark. - This March 2013 I had Fallon as my coach and she really gave me some very good advice that I can use for the future and we had a very good kayak-trip round one of the islands outside Koh Chang during the very good and helpful lesson. - I can absolutely recommend this great possibility - You will absolutely enjoy and learn in a very good way. - I did!
And I will do it again when I am on Koh Chang.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank regner-j

• Thai first
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Real sea kayaking in Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our very first adventure holiday! We decided to do the 8 day kayak expedition with Kayak Chang in Koh Chang Thailand. Excellent gear in great condition including skirts and Werner paddles! Even though the Valley Northshore kayaks were a little larger than I was used to had no problems rolling these boats or keeping up with the couple who were in the double. Great way to see another area of Thailand with fewer tourists and not too hot & humid this time of year. Water was very calm over our 8 days but can experience 2 metre swells. This trip would suit beginners as long as they had good fitness levels. Plenty of good food, Chang beer and time to chill out. Andy Hill is a great ambassador for the sport of kayaking and you would be hard pressed to find a better guide and teacher. Maybe we'll get over to the UK one day and experience their BCU courses! Remember Andy, any time you and your family want a place to stay in Perth, WA just let us know.

1 Thank Kay G
England
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Unique in Thailand - great way to explore the Gulf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Equipment excellent and instruction very positive and helpful.
Journey days suited my wife and I, plently of paddling, swimming and snorkelling. Good balance of activity with no 'epics' or 'arduous endeavour' on our trip. However, some great crossings in open sea.
Visiting lots of Islands over 8 days, getting to lots of places denied to the the big boats.
Exploring the cliff edges, Egrets, Sea Eagles and monkeys all povided entertainment.
Skills improved throughout the holiday. We chose to paddle a double North Shore which proved to excellent, supporting my wife who likes a bit of help. The single kayaks equally as proven and suitable.
Having paddled sit ons and inflatables all across SE Asia Kayak Chang have really gone one stage further and provide a real sea kayaking experience.
The water is warm. We enjoyed moderate and flat sea states with little wind. Good cloud cover meant that we didn't burn up.
The accomodation varies from clean but basic, to quite up market. Plenty of food, beer and chill time in the evenings.
Great trip guys and I have no hesitation in recommending this to others. Very like minded people to paddle with - they were late 40;s and we are early 60's. Good company and ' craic '.

What about Hong Kong?

3 Thank AbracadabraEngland
Alice Springs, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I went on a half day trip starting approx 9 am. Neither of us had any real experience and were a little apprehensive however Thallon quickly kitted us out and had us in the water with instruction. We loved it and had the best time. I never would have thought I could paddle that far and it was just amazing. We saw the entire length of Klong Prau including all the resorts and had a side trip up the creek half way along. This may be the start of many trips for us in the future. A very professional well run outfit and Thallon is a delight.Finishing at the Amari resort adds that little bit extra touch with a swim in the pool.

1 Thank trezonarunner
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“12 day seakayaking around Koh Kood/Koh Kut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Last year me and my husband joined the 8 day trip with KayakChang south of Koh Chang. This year we came back in January for the new 12 day expedition from Koh Chang and around Koh Kut. The new trip was even better than last years trip. We had great sea kayaks (Valley and North Shore kayaks), brand new neoprene spray shirts and PFDs. They also had nice paddles but as always we brought our own. The accommodations and meals were great and the paddling and snorkeling were fantastic in clear turquoise waters. The beaches especially around Koh Kut were amazing . We can really recommend this trip! Anne and Johan Stockholm

Visited January 2013