“Leaving was the hardest thing!”

Little Sunshine Boutique Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 107 Ko Chang B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My partner and I had the most amazing time at Little Sunshine! The hotel is immaculate, the food is scrumptious ( the green curry beats the one cooked at THE ORIENTAL in Bangkok!!!!) but above all you have Kata and his staff taking extremely good care of you. We miss them already!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Spaghetti71
There are newer reviews for Little Sunshine Boutique Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at the resort after reading all the deservedly excellent reviews from previous guests. The reviews say it all - the management and staff, the restaurant, the setting - were all well appreciated. We had our own transport which was useful for a stay of 5 nights.
Strongly recommend the Little Sunshine Resort for a relaxing holiday and we will be booking soon for our next stay.
Thanks to kata and his team
John and family

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Little Sunshine is a lovely and welcoming resort, with a great private beach. The beach itself is much nicer than White Sands.

Staying here, one must be aware that some form of transportation is needed. The resort is around 6km from the main township on Ko Chang, on the other side of a steep hill. Taxi fares to and from White Sands are quite expensive, and many services that offer hotel transfer will not go as far as Little Sunshine.

That being said, our experience at Little Sunshine was made wonderful by the manager, who went out of his way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. His English is excellent, and he's very proactive about helping.

I'd definitely recommend Little Sunshine for families or couples who want to relax. Those who are keen for a livelier atmosphere should probably stay at one of the many resorts along White Sands beach.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James S
Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a lovely place to round off our trip to Thailand. The back of the properties on arrival looked very unprepossessing as this is part of a development which is not yet finished, but as soon as we entered the gateway to the front of the property it was like another world. We sat down right by the coconut palm-fringed beach and were offered a welcome drink. The staff group could not have been more friendly or helpful - Nat spoke perfect English and was utterly lovely. She even took us catching crabs in the sea one night which was great fun. The manager took us to the local elephant camp and then on to White Sands beach to use the ATM. He even offered to take us for a sightseeing trip around the island, but as we only had four nights there was little else to tempt us from the idyllic beach, great food and cocktails and terrific (and fun) service. Just perfect!

Room Tip: Request a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I tried so much to get a place there four Christmas and what can I say, it was all worth it. Honestly, that was the best service I've ever received in Thailand. Started my picking us up from the ferry after quiet a long ride. We were welcomed with a scenic sea view in the relaxing area with a cold beer and an already reserved table for dinner.
The restaurant is great. We tried only the traditional food and we came back every night (not too many places around so it's very convenient).
Rooms are very nice and clean, all pointing to the beach. The scenery around is pure heaven. Empty quite and clean beach, lots of palm trees for shade and a great pool to cool down in. As I said not too much around (without a car) but we felt nothing better is waiting out there.
Hospitality was amazing. The stuff is extremely nice and carrying and there's an everlasting generous feeling.
I already know I'm coming back here next time I'm in Thailand. Best place I found till now.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dammonber
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My partner and I spent six wonderful nights here during early December in 2013.
We arrived on the island in a shared van from Bangkok via the non express ferry and Little sunshine is less than five minutes from the dock.
We had a lovely welcome, our cases were whisked away to our upstairs room and we were served a sweet little juice and cold flannel while we very quickly checked in.
Life is very simple here and that's really a part of its charm. The rooms aren't very big but the beds are really comfortable, we had a great walk in shower room and although the bathroom was small it's more than adequate. The need for make up and jewellery etc here is not necessary.
The staff are amazing...Kata the manager is worth his weight in gold! Nothing was too much trouble and we aren't easy to please! It's a very quiet location, which is just what we were looking for but on the odd couple of days we fancied seeing more of island and trying other restaurants and this was all arranged for us.
The small staff group here all help each other with tasks, it feels like a very close group. 'Om' and 'Nat' are excellent bar staff/ waitresses. The food here is very good and If you want something that isn't on the menu Kata will shop for it and chef will have it cooked the way you want. 24 hours notice is usually best but it is possible to ask in the morning for the same evening.
We used the Bikes and Kayaks that are available and took a couple of walks a day up and down the beach where we hardly saw anyone despite the fact it was peak season.
The sun set here about 6pm... and every sunset during our six night stay was amazing!
So it's with some reluctance that I post this review on here as I don't want the world and his wife to know about this charming little corner of paradise that the Little Sunshine resort is, but obviously everyone there deserves a fabulous review for all their efforts...
And it is fabulous!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tammy F
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I can say without hesitation that our 5 day stay in the Royal House in December 2013, was truly like staying at home away from home. The attention to detail was amazing, small decorations to be found everywhere in the garden which by the way was pampered by the gardener every morning. A couple of ladies cleaned the beach early every morning so I could have my morning bath in the ocean without had to risk to stumble onto traces of "civilization". The House looked completely new to me and the furniture and the decoration made it feel like home more than a house at a resort.
But most important of all was Mr. Kata (the Manager) and his entire "crew" at the resort. My wife and I have never before felt so well taken care of. All the personnel at resort did their outmost to makes us feel special, both like "royal" and almost like family members at the same time. The chief was very very good, all the Thai and western style food meals both at lunch and dinner was always to our satisfaction. Finally the beach was fantastic, most days we had the beach more or less completely for ourselves.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family