“Average”

Ranked #12 of 111 Specialty Lodging in Ko Chang
Wellington, New Zealand
“Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

First off I have to say that the service from the front desk staff was awful. Really rude and unhelpful. You would think they are doing you a huge favour by allowing you to stay there the way they acted. The bar restaurant staff were fairly inattentive but at least they were polite. This was my fourth visit to Thailand and I have stayed in many different spots. This place was the least value for money. The room was a bit dirty as well. I stayed in the most expensive room there and yet it had no safe, or fridge. This is not the end of the world but other places that are far cheaper do actually provide this. It is however in a beautiful spot and the views were fantastic. I wouldnt book there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Paradise is a really relaxed place with beautiful sunsets and great food which is cheap. I intended to stay here just a couple of days but I stayed for 10 days! I stayed at an AC room which was very convenient and clean. The staff were really friendly and helpful. They helped me sort out lots of things and helped me to plan activities like diving and jungle trekking. The staff was also really helpful the moment I injured my foot by riding a scooter and had to go to hospital. Especially Julia, the manager, was really kind by offering me a cottage that was closer to the restaurant so I didn't had to walk too much but luckily that was not necessary. The staff brought me to and from the hospital for 3 days!!

There's only one small thing and that are the lights on the road. The road is pretty dark at night
But overall there's nothing better than just to lay in your hammock and listen to the relaxing music and watch the sunset while you're drinking a cold beer!! Also met some really cool people here from the UK and Sweden. I'm traveling for more than a year but this is one of the best places I've ever stayed so I thought this is a good reason for my first review here :).

Had a great time and I will definitely come back here!!! Kop kun kap Paradise!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The view from the bar lounge is amazing and we got good service from the bar. Beautiful sunset spot!!

Never seen such bad service in a guesthouse after 1 year living and traveling in Thailand. The staff is not friendly, lazy to help or give advice, no information about anything, bad smell in the rooms, no set prices (so they change the prices when it's check out time), aggressive attitude from Julia when you try to explain your point about the change of price and verbal threats from her.

Overall everything seems to be complicated for them and they never have the time to help you (but they have time to play silly games with guys customers at night). Everything is overpriced (laundry, food and rooms) and they are even cheap on toilet paper. The beach is not very swimmable too, lots of rocks and you nee to walk for 15 minutes to get to Lonely Beach. The 2 young girls at the reception don't seem to be very experienced with customer service... Never smiling and lack of basic politeness. We only stayed because everything else was booked for New Years on the island. Will definitely not come back and advise people to go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Isabelistraveling
Colwyn Bay, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

beautiful sunsets, chilled out, watched from a hammock as the days roll by, awesome staff and people, a must stay for backpackers and holidayers alike, 400 baht per night, this is my second visit to paradise... and would never stay anywhere else on koh chang...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights at Paradise Cottage in a sea facing bungalow which had a brilliant view and I got some spectacular sunsets.

The vibe from the resort was very laid back and relaxed, helped by some brilliant background music, it will really make you forget all your worries.

The bar staff (Chris etc) were all really friendly and when I wanted to order some food I just had to turn around and the staff were waiting ready to serve you - the food was some of the best I had for the whole month I was travelling around Thailand, they have great chefs, every time I ordered I only had to wait a few minutes and it was right in front of me - I just wish I could have stayed longer to try some more of the food since they were about to release a new menu - I was lucky enough to have a steak which was on the new menu and only around 190 baht, it was really tasty.

Bed side tables in the bungalow along with a mirror and better light would be a welcome addition, but generally they were very nice to stay in, 900 baht a night for the sea view ones, and they do have more rows of bungalows that are considerably cheaper.

Julia on reception was especially helpful and she spent lots of time sorting out our next destinations accommodation and giving us lots of useful advice.

Overall a very nice set up, rooms were very clean, food amazing and a definite option if I decide to return in the near future.

Thank you to all at Paradise Cottage, hope the season goes well for you.

(from Rowan (and Adrian) Cornwall, UK)

Room Tip: sea view rooms are most expensive, if you want to save a bit choose a bungalow further back. Make s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in August 2012. Being low season, we booked a bungalow with stunning sea views and air-condintioned 600 THB per night.

Open the window of the room at 6 in the morning and to wake up to the sound of the waves as you watch the ocean is really wonderful.

The room itself is very simple, but clean and cozy. The bathroom has a shower and hot water.

The common areas are great with hammocks where you can relax while you enjoy the typical Thai dishes at reasonable prices.The reception has an English bulldog named "bubu", the only thing it does is sleep, sleep and sleep ...

In short, after having checked several hotels on this beach, the paradise Cottage was the best value for money in the area , ... In adition, the price we got at the reception (600THB frontview) was the same as Agoda or Booking websites..

Highly recommended to spend some relaxing time with great atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JAVA1977
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had the best stay at Paradise Cottages on my way round Thailand. Good food, nice vibe always and relaxed breezy location right on the water. The bungalows or cottages are well built and functional, being secure and clean. I never found myself wanting in any regard, it's just a great place run by great people. I will be back!
Jesse