“Bamboo Beach Hut Hooray!”
Review of Siam Hut Koh Chang

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Siam Hut Koh Chang
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Ko Chang
San Diego, CA
“Bamboo Beach Hut Hooray!”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The Siam Huts on Koh Chang Island are a great place to stay if you know what you're getting into. These are very simple 1 room huts that feature a bed, a mosquito net and if you've opted for it, air conditioning. For the money, you also get a private bathroom with shower.

I stayed in the "A" section huts which are about 10 yards from the Gulf of Thailand. The sound of the surf crashing against the shore at night was amazing.

The staff was friendly. There was plenty of food and drink available, including nightly BBQ. On the Saturday night of my stay, there was a big "neighborhood" party with DJs and dancing. On other nights, the staff would show movies (English w/ Thai subtitles) on the big screen under the giant central Lanai.

It rained fairly often during my time on Koh Chang, but that was to be expected for the time I was there. Just be careful as the deck can get incredibly slippery and there are some holes in it.

Overall, the Siam Huts exceeded my expectations. That said, my expectations were for a very rustic hut on the beach for very little money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We had a GREAT time at Siam. We knew kinda what we were getting into. It's not the Ritz Carlton! The best $14 USD per night I've ever spent. Got moved up to an oceanfront hut on day 2. Front desk guys were nice. Food ordering guy, not so happy. Bartender, thrilled!! We rented scooters from the front desk and went into town to visit the main drag of bars and hotels and the hard sand beach. We came right back to Siam. The sand is nice and soft. The water is beautiful and a shallow shore. The water buffalo walking on the beach each day was a shocker at first (only 2. they live next door). And, the pillow patio with terrific food and nice drinks at sunset or in the afternoon.... or, at night was amazing. And didn't mind the friendly critters roaming around. Can't wait to go back!! Again, it's not the Ritz Carlton!!! And get a waterfront for the most amazing porch time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank wehomarc
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I spent 3 nights at the Siam Huts and on my third night, discovered a Thai man standing on my balcony while I slept. My hut had a bad lock and he'd been able to open it from the outside. Being a solo female traveller, I was very shaken by this event, the man ran away when I went to the door, however he came back again about 10 minutes later, this time I screamed and again he ran away. Perhaps he was looking for something to steal the first time, or was drunk or lost, but the fact he came back makes me think he was there for sinister reasons and it really shook me up. I left the next morning, as did those in the hut next to me. We spoke to the owner/manager in the morning about it and I was disgusted with their nonchalant attitude to it, almost laughing and just shrugging their shoulders. They need to put better locks on the doors of the huts as well as improve lighting down the walkways at night time. I also didn't know where to go to find someone who would help me as this all occurred at 2am when all was dark in the reception area. There should be some way to contact the owner at this time of night, as this is a major security problem. It might have just been a one time think but I would never recommend anyone I know to stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
7 Thank s0phie85

Travelers are raving about these Ko Chang hotels

wexford
Reviewed January 22, 2010

an amazing place....friendly staff....great food has a bit of everything...once a week they have a great party with fire dancers....and the dancing goes on all night...every other night it is a quite haven.......food is fantastic.....every night they have an exquite bar be que which you can find the freshest seafood....i love this place an i can not wait to get back...the rooms are basic...but have all you need and are great value for money....i must see if you go to koh chang...if for nothing else but to meet the wonderful kind welcoming staff

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple