See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We ended pretty much every night on Lonely Beach with sunset drinks from the deck over the water. The beer was cheap, the food was delicious, and the view was spectacular. And of course, being located right next to the beach certainly helped as well!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Loved it here, stopped off on our way to Cambodia. You get exactly what you should expect - a basic hut on the beach with no hot water - but it's perfect. The beach is beautiful and the bar is really good, the food isn't great but get a moped and go and visit some of the amazing restaurants close by. Be careful of the cows, we got wasted one night and ended up being chased by them, the entrance to my hut was blocked by one looking really scary for about 20 mins at midnight - but all part of the memories.
Such a sociable place, we met loads of people here. Some of the staff were really helpful and friendly but I do agree that some of them are moody and rude, but it didn't exactly affect our stay and saying that, our power went out and the guy came to fix it straight away. They provide mosquito nets which are definitely needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I wish I read trip advisor before checking in to this place. It's right on the beach and seems okay at first. The rooms are extremely basic but I wouldn't mind normally since it's right on the beach. The toilet wouldn't flush and instead just poured tons of water and pee all over the bathroom floor. There were mice or rats in the bathroom (in addition to plenty of bugs). The room was very dirty, with gross mold and dirt on the walls. The room really needs some new paint and a good cleaning. I was willing to overlook all of that since it's a budget room and right on the beach.

Then things got worse when I tried to use the internet. I asked about internet before I checked in and was told they have it. While they might have internet, it cuts out constantly and I could only load a page on my laptop successfully about once every 15 minutes. I tried for an hour, asked the staff for help, and explained that I'm here for business and need consistent internet. I was supposed to have a Skype meeting at 5am so I wanted to make sure internet would work well enough for that. One person tried to help me but it didn't help. Then I asked a few more staff members if they could assist and was told there was nothing they could do. They were unapologetic and extremely rude. I have never had such bad and rude staff at a guesthouse in my life (and I've been to nearly 30 countries and spent over 1.5 years of time traveling). I'm not one to be fussy about service or write reviews online but this was completely unacceptable. The staff here needs to learn that guests are paying for service and its their JOB to help guests with things like internet and towels.

I ended up requesting a refund and moving to a different place. At least I got a free place to store my things on the beach for a day because it was overall a terrible experience.

(I went to Oasis instead, which had much nicer rooms and fantastic service for only slightly more cost. It's not right on the beach but it has views of the ocean.)

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claud33433
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

It's a bamboo shack in the beach, we stayed in the fan bungalow No 7 the best non air conditioned one they have. It's on the beach, the best location you can get. The room is basic and has many entry holes so bugs galore but you do get a mossy net. The staff are friendly but very laid back so don't expect exceptional service. This is not a hotel it's a backpackers hang out and it ticks all of the necessary boxes in that respect. Hot shower, no wifi in the room and a 10 min walk from the town. The music will play until 4am so don't stay if u want a quiet night. If you want a cheap beach front bamboo shack look no further.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you want to be in a 5* hotel, here you get the opposite. The place is like a slum from tourist. There is trash everywhere, people are noisy, and you are staying with the Cambodian staff from the hotel and the restaurant. Because they all work at different times, you are guaranteed to have noise almost all the time, so you won't feel lonely. There are bungalows with aircon and without aircon. The price is really low (down to $5 / night in low season!). some bungalows are on the beach and are more expensive, but they are also more quiet. You are not going to sleep well there but at the same time you will enjoy the 2 weekly noisy parties on the beach (low season has 1 party every Friday) that ends at whatever, 1,2,3am depends if there are still customers drinking. At the same time you get to enjoy sharing the same life style the poor staff who are working there for $150 to $300 a month. You won't be surprised that this place is owned and managed by the same (rich) family that does Siam Beach Hotel -check my review of this hotel to understand - there is a pattern here if you wish... On the positive side, it is a very lay down place. Police will not check what you are smoking, and there is a special pack packer feeling. The place has a soul. People are very nice in general and when they are not drinking after work, they are playing volleyball (check the pictures). So for me this place has an unique feeling, the feeling of the first resort built on Lonely Beach, but it wasn't really upgraded since. If you can avoid the aircon, they never clean them, so unless you clean by yourself, you might get some lung infection if you are not lucky. There are mosquitoes, flies, 2 big buffaloes that not one take care and seems to enjoy the place like if they were the owner here, monkeys on the road, cats and dogs. I could rate this pace 5* for the ones who really want to get a slum experience, and 1* for the ones who are expecting a clean and organized place. Apparently many farangs like the low price and the relax style. Now the owners are building a pool close to the restaurant, it is noisy, but it is a little bit strange, a pool in a slum? Weird idea, but maybe the price will raise, there must be a reason! Special note about the restaurant on the beach, that is part of the resort. It is a very good choice, the location is great as is the food and the price, I highly recommend it, specially when a thunderstorm is coming from the sea at the sunset, unforgettable! If you feel to clean up your brain from the cities and the Western life, this place might be for you. You will not forget it.

Room Tip: Stay close to the beach where it is more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple