“An unexpected treasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Washington, DC
“An unexpected treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local friend as one of the better dinning experiences on Koh Chang. It is found on the north end of Kai Bae and easily located (adjacent to a 7-11). The menu is extensive and includes european, mexican, and thai dishes, as well as, pizza. In the mood to try something a bit different, I was intrigued by the Mexican choices. I have to admit that being from the US and spoiled by our Tex-Mex, I am extremely extremely hesitant to try Mexican food, of any sort, outside of the Americas. I need not have worried about Kharma. Our small group played with the Mexican menu and was very happy with our orders. Highly recommended are the nachos... some of the best I have yet to experience. The service and atmosphere of the restaurant are wonderful. Much of the seating area is outdoors under a covered area. Many of the dinners appeared to be repeat visitors... both locals or those on holiday. The chef/proprietor, seemed to take the time to get to know customers, greeting and interacting with many as old friends. Definitely a relaxing spot to take in a nice meal and while away a few hours with some friends or a date. Not to be overlooked!!

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

Nice restaurant with good food and service which stands out bit in Bang Bao.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
London
“Good Kharma at Hat Kaibae... Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

The feisty chef was keen for me to steer off the Thai menu so that I could taste what else she can do. Our party of 4 all ate from the Mexican menu, and my chicken tortilla was delicious, well presented and very reasonably priced. All of us enjoyed our choices.
Service and ambience also charming. The restaurant was popular with families and is also gay friendly. I will be one of the many returning customers. A lovely place :)

4 Thank Roxy_mergullo