Buffalo Bill Steak House
$61
$56
$69
$53
Klong Prao Resort Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$37
$81
$60
Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$65
$56
Agoda.com
KC Grande Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)
$87
  • Breakfast included
$99
$91
Priceline
All reviewsfacing the streetreception deskrooms are largewhite sand beachko
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is very clean, safe and placent . The rooms are big and confortable and it looks like they have thought all the details. The hotel have an excellent location. Wifi conecttion was really god. Only thing missing was breakfast included in the room charge

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed here in April 2012. I wanted to get a bungalow on the beach but thought I'd try something different.

Rooms - adequate, clean, well furnished and lacking in nothing you need for a basic stay. There is a safe in the wardrobe and plenty of places to hang your clothes. They even add a drying rack which I found invaluable when staying on an island! The bathroom is basic but clean and there is good hot water and ok water pressure. (who wants hot showers in Thailand anyway!!!).

Hotel - well this isn't really a hotel, actually I'd go as far to say that it's a bar/steakhouse with rooms above. Think pub accomodation and you will be accurate. There isn't really any catering for guests and the reception is actually the bar. The big plus for this place is the free WiFi and it's actually quite fast. The staff weren't really helpful or engaging but this is an island in Thailand so that doesn't get to me, however, if you like good, fast service (or any kind of service at all) you will be very disappointed. But again, this is Thailand!!

Location - it is right in the middle of White Sand Beach which is the biggest beach on the island with the most things to do but it is directly across from the Sabay Bar which turns into a loud outdoor nightclub with a booming sound system after 10pm. My room was facing the street and this club and it is very loud if you like quiet sleep. I guess the benefit to this is that unless it's a Friday or Saturday night it wraps up around 1am. I've see other reviews that say this hotel is right across from the beach and it painted a different picture to me than what it actually is. To get to the beach you need to walk across the main street and down a walkway or through Sabay Bar to the beach. So from the hotel you cannot see the beach at all. The walk is only 2 minutes though so it is close. I guess I make this point because I was expecting to wake up and see the beach in paradise.

Overall I'd say this is a good, clean hotel for travellers who plan to smash up the party scene here or spend their nights drinking and playing pool. It's not a family environment and like I said, if you enjoy quiet sleep do not stay here!

Room Tip: Something away from the main street, but good luck getting anything from the staff here!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Cheesburger was small dry tasteless and way over priced. Totally unsatisfyin meal. I cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Had a really awful experience here with friends and a Thai business partner. Some of the food looked excellent but mostly it was cold. My chicken was basically uncooked and pink in the middle and when I told the waitress she just shrugged her shoulders. I then demanded to speak to the manager and a white guy came out from the kitchen and very aggressively said 'there's nothing wrong with our food' !!!!
The worst thing is that this is one of the most expensive restaurants we visited in Thailand. Don't waste your money - go to Paddy Palms (15mins up the road) instead.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My husband and I, against our budget, decided to go to Buffalo Bill Steak House because we craving some western food. I order the nachos with chili and he a cheeseburger. At first my order came out without the chili, ok mistakes do happen, but I waited for an incredibly long time for it to come back out. In fact my husband had already received and eaten is burger which wasn't great. When my meal did finally return I was astonished. I don't really know how to describe it; petrified yes. The chili was so overcooked the kidney beans were petrified little rocks. The actual and sauce was burnt and formed clumps on the top of the nachos. I really was blown away. I regret not having said something because it was by far the worst meal i have ever had! It is quite obvious they have no pride/integrity in what they do. The owners/mgmt. should really be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple