“Other reviews made me have high expectations...”
Review of Marco

Marco
Ranked #7 of 242 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Marco,Ristorante Italiano and pizzeria. This is simply the best Italian restaurant in Koh Chang. The restaurant is tucked away at the end of Vj Plaza in Chai Chet. Marco is the perfect host, providing a wide range of authentic Italian food and wines and the warmest possible welcome to 'Little Italy' in Koh Chang. The owner is young, Italian of course, and always prepared to please their customers. Come to 'Little Italy' in Koh Chang and say 'Ciao' to Marco.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

And everything our group ordered was fantastic! Wow, we will all go back for sure next time were in Koh Chang. Pizza has great crust and flavorful sauce, pasta was properly cooked. Had Penne Arribiata and Spaghetti Aglio Olio-- both we're very nice. Bruschetta great too, but skip the Mista Salad, its not special and dressing was a standard balsamic. We all give this restuarant 2 thumbs up and look forward to the next visit.

1  Thank RobynIsAllOver
There are newer reviews for Marco

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My friend and I spent a few days on the island, and after reading the reviews, decided to check out this great Italian restaurant tucked away on a side street off the main road the last night on the island. The owner Jo, greeted us with a smile and let us know the specials. We decided on the freshly made lasagna and a pizza. Both were equally delicious, and Jo came by and made sure everything tasted great multiple times. In the previous review, someone mentioned that the food was delicious but that they got terrible food poisoning. This is simply ridiculous. There are many small Thai restaurants and street food vendors where they were much more likely to have gotten "food poisoning." The food was very fresh and authentic. One of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten at, and its on an island in Thailand! Look for a blue sign off the main road that says "VJ plaza" drive down about 100 meters, and the restaurant is on the left. (There is another Italian restaurant on the right, so don't go to the wrong one!) You can't go wrong here. Great food, and friendly staff!

1  Thank Bengi_88
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I visited this restaurant after seeing at the Number 1 position and was delighted by the incredible food. I tried both pasta and pizza and they we equally delicious. However, both myself and my partner got terrible food poisoning from the meal. This is obviously a big negative but I'm sure it was a freak occurance and not a regular thing (just look at the reviews).

Reviewed April 29, 2013

As much as my boyfriend and I love Thai food, we were in the mood for some Italian deliciousness (and our tummies deserved a break from curry if you get what I mean). So we did a little tripadvisoring and came across this restaurant in VJ Plaza.

Being very careful to not end up in one of the other 'I-thai-lian' restaurants in the plaza, we made sure we had the right place, which is now called Jo's and Marco's.

We had a really delicious meal and went back again for more pizza and lasagna during our trip. All the food is truly Italian and cooked to perfection - my pizza, the Pugliese, was crispy and delicious as was the bruschetta with tomato and mozzarella. Our waiter was delightful, as is Marco, who is one of the owners and also the chef.

The creamy limoncello gift also went down very well!

Thank you for some delicious meals, Marco!

1  Thank RemyGL
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Definitely deserves the no. 3 spot for best ko chang restaurants, takes indeed a while to find but we were warmly received and got our fantastic food in no time. Beautiful tagliatelle with crab, salami pizza was best I had in long time and vey tasty ravioli. Minor point of impeovement was the housewine red. Keep up the great work and food!

2  Thank dannydenhartog