“Excellent pizza and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marco

Marco
Ranked #5 of 231 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Marco,Ristorante Italiano and pizzeria. This is simply the best Italian restaurant in Koh Chang. The restaurant is tucked away at the end of Vj Plaza in Chai Chet. Marco is the perfect host, providing a wide range of authentic Italian food and wines and the warmest possible welcome to 'Little Italy' in Koh Chang. The owner is young, Italian of course, and always prepared to please their customers. Come to 'Little Italy' in Koh Chang and say 'Ciao' to Marco.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent pizza and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Since my brother started living on Koh Chang, I came to visit him several times. The last few years my wife and I not only enjoy very good Thai food on this island, but we also enjoy very good Italian food at I Buoni a Nulla. Jo and Marco are always very friendly, helpfull and polite and most of the time they have very nice music playing on the background. They never fail to ask us if we liked the food and they always get the same answer: "Delicioso, gracie mille". In Holland the pizza's are often too dry and even in Italy the quality of the pizza is often mediocre, only in Slovenia I can find the same or at least almost the same good quality as in I Buoni a Nulla. Not only the pizza is very good, they also serve a variety of other very tasty dishes, like carpaccio, pasta or fresh fish baked in an oven covered with salt. The prices might be a bit higher than the average price for Thai food, but my wife and I agree that the quality make up for the price. My conclusion: Jo and Marco serve better food than many restaurants in Italy!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Jan M

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Denver, Colorado
“Mediocre Italian food at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was our daughter’s 17th birthday and she’d been an exchange student in Asia for a year and just wanted good Italian food for her special day. Based on TripAdvisor reviews I booked I Buoni a Nulla. It’s the only time I’ve experienced reviews almost diametrically opposed from what we experienced. We were the only ones in the restaurant, yet the service was slow and indifferent. When our Italian entrees arrive the kindest thing I can say is that they were mediocre.

For days after the family made excuses for I Buoni a Nulla. It was the rainy season. The chef must have been gone. The waiter was indifferent because he didn’t like teenagers. Restaurants must get tired of birthday celebrations or not understand what we’d said. Etc. etc.

We finally decided to give up on the excuses and just admit that it was a mediocre meal.

Visited June 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Nothing special”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

if you want real italian food this is not the place in koh chang.
The food was nothing special, the pasta i ordered and it wasnt properly cooked!
Service was so and so...
In a few words i do not reccomend this place.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank 472mike
“If you care for quality this is the place to go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

It turned out to meet our high expectations which we had because of previous reviews.

We arrived and Marco was welcoming us in front of the restaurant. Because it is low season we were the only visitors this evening. Marco told us that he ran out of ravioli so that was the only sad news.

We had lasagna, pizza margarita, penne carbonara, tagliateli gorgonzola, carpaccio, 1 sambuca, one fanta, 1 water and 2 white wine. Finishing it with two portions of 2 scoops of ice. Together this was 2.070 baht.

Was it worth the money (because some reviewers think it's not cheap). We think it was worth evert single baht. We all rated and tasted each others food and we only came to the unanimous conclusion that it was excellent.

We also had to look twice to find the place but for all the food lovers in Koh Chang. Don't give up, the food is worth every searh attempt.

2 Thank Jitze B
Berlin, Germany
“Place and Food not worth”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Not so easy to find. The location is not nice. The restaurant is empty and cars are parking near to the tables. There are definetaly better places at the beach with more italian or mediterean feeling as here. The best food was the handmade ice cream. But the starter and the maincourse were not worth the high price. The service was friendly and fast. But there are better opportunities.